Customizable Gear.

Discussion in 'Gear and Items' started by RayZ, Mar 30, 2015.

?

If you have consecutively come back to this game, why?

1. The customization!

4 vote(s)
    57.1%
  2. The adventure!

2 vote(s)
    28.6%
  3. The humor!

1 vote(s)
    14.3%
  4. The naked chicks!

4 vote(s)
    57.1%
  5. Something else!

1 vote(s)
    14.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. RayZ

RayZ Void-Bound Voyager

My idea is rather simple.
    If it were possible to customize your gear after gaining the necessary materials. This could be done in a fashion similar to that of creating your own portrait in the outpost. Only, it'd require certain ore/items/things to be crafted and used, to give it it's stats. So many things could be done with this ability. It'd open up a whole new world of customization options, and that's one of the reasons I love this game so much. The ability to customize and make everything one-of-a-kind. So, please. Like this or something, make it popular, share your thoughts on it, and get the devs to see it! We want this to happen! We all do! :lickitung:

Last edited: Mar 30, 2015
  2. Jerln

Jerln Oxygen Tank

So kind of like what Cube World by Picroma did?

3. RayZ

RayZ Void-Bound Voyager

Never played Cube World. You know how in the outpost you can draw your own portraits? If you could edit a portrait tile, then you should be able to edit an armor tile. I don't think that'd be too hard for the devs to implement, considering that they've already coded a system that allows one to make their own original in-game item. This one would just have to be equitable. I could make a cat-ear helmet! :DD:kitten2:

4. Jerln

Jerln Oxygen Tank

It would take an incredible amount of time for somebody just to create a pair of pants, since they would need to make a frame for every position.

5. RayZ

RayZ Void-Bound Voyager

There could be a preset system for the movement of the legs. When there's supposed to be a new frame, the coloring would distort to match. You'd be able to preview it as well. Either that, or just implement custom hats and/or shirts.

6. Jerln

Jerln Oxygen Tank

You mean like a pre-created pants template so people can add details instead of creating the pants themselves? That would work, and it would solve the problem for shirts too. Although, you would run into the same problem as the custom signs, with people using it to create "explicit" pictures.

7. RayZ

RayZ Void-Bound Voyager

Explicit things shouldn't be a problem at all, actually. You choose which servers you join. It'd be up to moderators/administrators of the servers to ban those who crate explicit things. Explicit things are unavoidable in sandbox games.