Building/Ship Show off your house :D

Discussion in 'Screenshots' started by TheVulcanKId, Dec 5, 2013.

1. Sir. Bending Unit

Sir. Bending Unit Aquatic Astronaut

I've posted this on Reddit, but I'll post here as well. Updated house. Its a 'sea-lab' called Lab Seven. There is more to come, but I don't know what to add yet. I'll add more details to the map later.

You may be wondering: "Why is a Novakid living under research facility?" You only live once.

I have a command center with storage room and observation deck. I also have a crew facility, where crew members can relax after a long day of research. I need to add a hydroponics station, laboratory, power grid, and few other things.

Sealab 7 0.jpg Sealab 7 1.jpg Sealab 7 2.jpg Sealab 7 3.jpg Sealab 7 4.jpg Sealab 7 5.jpg Sealab 7 6.jpg

2. The Squid

The Squid Oxygen Tank

I didn't really build a house, just a memorial to the Miniknog.
    Screen Shot 2015-03-16 at 6.10.12 PM.png
    This is part of a series of five. I built them in an asteroid biome above a planet. I was trying to see how many meteors I could find before I fell to my death.

Attached Files:

3. mastercookie

mastercookie Existential Complex

first part of my place, other parts far from being finished :rolleyes:

211820.png

4. CrimsonGiraffe

CrimsonGiraffe Phantasmal Quasar

Some old screenshots of a base I built in Enraged Koala, "Marfak Arsenal". It was the second large base in our home system, (Beta) Marfak-East 101. You can see the other, more impressive base in @Markelius's screenshot thread :)

MarfakArsenal_wip_guardtower.png

marfak_arsenal_base.png

5. lizabell

lizabell Scruffy Nerf-Herder

mastercookie likes this.
  6. Fina

Fina Title Not Found

Whoa there are some intense buildings here!

@CrimsonGiraffe Love the inverted main building
    @mastercookie That's one intense house, love the name plaque idea and your room dressing is superb
    @Bustow story telling - Love it!
    @lizabell Your work is crazy!! ^.^

Heres something I'm working on - Go easy its my first planet build of Upbeat - Was going for Hylotl Inspired.. WIP still need to decide how I'm furnishing..

[​IMG]

7. robotconcalcetines

robotconcalcetines Void-Bound Voyager

@Bustow Why would you do a memoria to Miniknog!?! otherwise, Im really into your microdungeons! wish they had lots more in vanilla, maybe with some bits of lore on them.
    @Fina Great thinking outside the box! totally stealing the design!

Greenfinger and The Squid like this.
  8. Muffintrain

Muffintrain Subatomic Cosmonaut

So I was adding stuff to my house when suddenly...

starbound_opengl 2015-03-18 01-09-36-56.png

Plant matter bursts out of the ground and takes over my home! :eek:

starbound_opengl 2015-03-18 01-05-46-73.png
    No, really. Just kidding. I added a room for my floran so both of them can share the place. I also added a small planting area up top, put stools inside the tub, and rounded the roof blocks a little bit. I even had to put drains in some places so the place won't flood when it rains. I also had to avoid putting fires in my Floran's room so she won't complain, so I used vine lamps.

starbound_opengl 2015-03-18 01-29-05-50.png

Attached Files:

beatleskinks, zBound, Ajear and 15 others like this.
  9. Muffintrain

Muffintrain Subatomic Cosmonaut

Added a small farm and a forge

starbound_opengl 2015-03-18 03-41-59-32.png

starbound_opengl 2015-03-18 03-44-22-94.png

Attached Files:

10. The Squid

The Squid Oxygen Tank

It started out as just a memorial to the Apex in general, but then I found a larger meteor and decided to 'enhance' it. One of the problems I have with the Apex flag is that it's the symbol of the Miniknog. They should have rebel flags too!

11. EarlGrey

EarlGrey Big Damn Hero

Greenfinger likes this.
  12. The Squid

The Squid Oxygen Tank

So I built a house in stable and then I switched to nightly builds. When I switched back, all of my characters were gone, along with all of my hard work. My characters are still in nightly, though. So I tried to recreate the house.
    Screen Shot 2015-03-22 at 9.18.25 AM.png
    Here is the bedroom, and below it is the library.
    Screen Shot 2015-03-22 at 9.19.25 AM.png
    And here is the dining area. I also built some other structures, like the 'hazardous waste storage:'
    Screen Shot 2015-03-22 at 8.56.28 AM.png
    And the spa:
    Screen Shot 2015-03-21 at 11.46.09 AM.png

13. Fina

Fina Title Not Found

@Bustow I hope you get your characters to return to stable!

Nice build but something was bugging me, I spent like 5 minutes trying to workout what 'Jelcor' was.. then I realised it said Welcome and I felt pretty silly :facepalm:

Greenfinger and The Squid like this.
  14. The Squid

The Squid Oxygen Tank

Thanks! The word welcome scrolls across the screen, because I couldn't get it to fit.

Greenfinger likes this.
  15. SirJethro

SirJethro Aquatic Astronaut

After a couple of months, I come back to the game, just to realize a lot changed and my previous builds and characters are gone. So I created 2 characters, one for gameplay, one for building with the help of Creative Mod. Since I don't have a home for my Apex character, I'll share an Apex Facility I've started building and hour ago or so, just to see what I can do with the new content. It's a work in progress, obviously. I didn't even touch the underground part yet but I wanted to bump this thread up to get some fresh content on it from the community. Inspiration is mandatory for building and this thread seems to be a good source for it. ;)

[​IMG]

Zessd, Uzkniso, FloomRide and 3 others like this.
  16. PyreStarite

PyreStarite Space Kumquat

This is my old starter house that I revisited after planning on starting new characters. Didn't want to farm the seeds on my ship #wreck so just pass'em on to the new guy for plant fiber!

[​IMG]

17. PyreStarite

PyreStarite Space Kumquat

Newbie's place with a few hand-me downs from the more leveled characters

[​IMG]

18. Symphony

Symphony Giant Laser Beams

I can't afford a house, just a condo

[​IMG]

19. Awktopode

Awktopode Void-Bound Voyager

I can't afford a condo, just a ... derelict desert library. No rent or utilities! Can be found on the Orion's Edge RP server.[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 8, 2015
  20. The Squid

The Squid Oxygen Tank

All I could afford was a poorly-furnished hole in the ground. Unfortunately, right next to a Glitch sewer system.

Greenfinger and TheFloranChef like this.