1. When making a thread, please tag your thread accordingly using the menu to the left of the textfield where you name your thread where applicable. Server Advertisements and Mod Releases should be contained to their respective subforums.

SharcTank Public Starbound Servers Vanilla 24/7

Discussion in 'Public Servers' started by Nordan, Dec 4, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yubbletor

Yubbletor Void-Bound Voyager

Remember to press alt to view all interactable objects and names of players. This might work for invisible players.

2. Grooverth

Grooverth Void-Bound Voyager

Let me show how I catch moders without break character. The guy had a pair of big, golden, glitched wings.

EDIT: Some other infractors added:
    NOVADMODS
    Vine Staber

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 25, 2015
  3. Nordan

Nordan Big Damn Hero

To reiterate what I mentioned in the first post, my problem with mods has nothing to do with altering the state/functionality of the game. The only reason I ban people for mods is when they're causing server/game stability issues with them or they're using mods to grief or kill other players. I wouldn't ban a guy for standing around in the spawn area with a bunch of custom vanity items that are otherwise harmless fun.

Spamming projectiles? Warning, then instant ban
    Using items that spawn an excessive number of pets/monsters? Instant ban
    Using an invisibility mod? Instant ban
    Killing other players? Instant ban
    Spawn killing? Instant ban
    Stealing/griefing? Instant ban

4. Grooverth

Grooverth Void-Bound Voyager

And you assume that a player who wear a touch-kill-armour (impossible to get in the game and probably causing players deaths without the intention) is not really a player killer?

It's a good intentioned question. I'm my experience, nobody needs a 1000 damage hit weapon to kill monsters; they normaly and almost ever use it to kill other players. Maybe I'm wrong, as I say, but I feel that's like...I don't know. Common sense.

Sorry for my bad english :/

5. JustanotherStarbounder

JustanotherStarbounder Subatomic Cosmonaut

owner do you know the coordinates for spawn im kinda lost

6. Nordan

Nordan Big Damn Hero

Use the /whereami command to get your current coordinates.
    edit: misunderstood your question. Home world on server 1 is -898606046_-757326347_-44269256_3_3

Last edited: Mar 2, 2015
  7. JustanotherStarbounder

JustanotherStarbounder Subatomic Cosmonaut

8. Takuat-Z95

Takuat-Z95 Void-Bound Voyager

Daud.png His name is Daud. He spams rockets on spawn and trolls everyone. Uses a trainer to be invincible.

9. Nordan

Nordan Big Damn Hero

Banned.

Taking server 3 offline as I'm repurposing it for something else.

10. SoopaDerpcat

SoopaDerpcat Pangalactic Porcupine

A great server to play on if you enjoy standing around and having admins grind every last pixel out of your squirming
    half-dead body with plugin-modified weaponry.

10/10 would bang.

11. Nordan

Nordan Big Damn Hero

There's only one active admin and he's legit. I don't play the game, I just host the servers. People can pretend to be admins.

[​IMG]

12. SoopaDerpcat

SoopaDerpcat Pangalactic Porcupine

Well, either way, there's a LOT of insta-death projectiles flying around spawn that apparently deal upwards of 1,000,000 damage per hit.
    Wouldn't recommend this server until that gets resolved one way or another.

13. Takuat-Z95

Takuat-Z95 Void-Bound Voyager

Uhm, why did I got banned for NO REASON? I was trying to keep the spam low by killing spammers. Then boom! I got Banned.

14. MrAhmama

MrAhmama Big Damn Hero

Now that I'm here, can I ask, what's the admins name ingame? That would be good to know.

15. ToastyBreakfast

ToastyBreakfast Void-Bound Voyager

Right now, Spawns all messed up on server 1. I'm not sure if it fixed yet, but...

16. Nordan

Nordan Big Damn Hero

Was down for a bit as the server had pretty much 100% uptime and I stopped paying attention to it. Just looked and the hard drive was full. Apparently all you have to do to kill my server is to fly around aimlessly in space and force the server to create a giant universe.chunks file along with a bunch of useless world maps. You can do what you want with that information. I suppose they'll get around to optimizing disk usage for world files one of these days.

17. MrAhmama

MrAhmama Big Damn Hero

Hah, got me pretty worried. Well met.

18. Winterbottom

Winterbottom Big Damn Hero

Guy name's ^red;The Emperor , he comes on the server everyday, killing people and spawning enlarged monsters.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

EDIT: Another guy that has his fun on this server. Nick: ^black;Warrior

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 6, 2015
  19. xPlay4Lif3

xPlay4Lif3 Void-Bound Voyager

Well, i think The Emperor is truely a bad guy. But you can't ban each guy who spamms NPC's like warrior, cause then you have to ban fairness like about 60% of the Server which can spawn them.
    Then you have ban guys who spamms weapons that would be 90%.
    And you have to ban those guys who spawn monsters, that would be about 50%. So i would say only ban The Emperor, cause he is destroying stuff and only annoying all.

20. Winterbottom

Winterbottom Big Damn Hero

That's the problem i guess. Nobody cared to report people who break rules, so they started to feel invulnerable, and now they're mad because somebody actually started to reporting them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.