TrueEdge's Building Zone

Discussion in 'Screenshots' started by TrueEdge, Jun 6, 2014.

1. TrueEdge

TrueEdge Phantasmal Quasar

No so much buildings, but my outfits that I wear to look fabulous ;D

Acolyte: After enduring the trials of the Rotting Log, Floran younglings become Acolytes and are chosen by Shocktroopers and begin a long hunting regime to harden against the toughest of enemies. Traditionally, two Acolytes are assigned to a Shocktrooper and one Acolyte will be chosen. The other Acolyte will be eaten at a ceremonial feast, with the choice parts for the successful Acolyte.The first successful hunt an Acolyte takes part in will be met with a feast at the end of the day, where the Acolyte will don the skull of his hunt until the flesh rots away. Once all the flesh has naturally rotted away, the Acolyte will become a Shocktrooper. Any attempt to speed up the process will be met with harsh cannibalism. ( I know the image says Bonesplitter, ignore that.)
    Acolyte.jpg
    Nomad's Crown
    Quail Breastplate
    Hunter's Pants/kilt
    Lantern Stick
    Crappyspear

Shocktoopers: The front line of TrueEdge's Floran invasion troops. They are well known by grey armor and the massive teslastaffs. Shocktroopers are known for their ruthless combat styles, disabling their opponents with fatal electric charges, then close in with direct melee combat with the blunt weapondry. Each squad contains five elite Shocktroopers, all lead by their squad leader, the Bonesplitter. The only creed Shocktroopers believe in is: "Can stab, must stab."
    Floran General.jpg
    Floran Bone helm
    Owl Breastplate
    Bonesmith's Loincloth
    Survival System
    Teslastaff

"Bonesplitters" aka Squad Leaders: Legendary combatants well known among the Florans for their history in battle. Their fighting style is so brutal that any melee combat is known to leave the victims with shattered bones. In fact, the very requirement for becoming a Bonesplitter is to return home from the battlefield covered with bone fragments of the enemy from the impact of weapons. However, to falsely adorn oneself with bone in an attempt to become a Bonesplitter is taboo and punishable by de-foliating, after which the true Bonesplitters proudly wear.
    Boner.jpg
    Gatherer Helm
    Toucan Breastplate
    Sentinel Shorts
    Toxic Flower Pack
    Bone Hammer

Academics: Florans who have a greater desire for knowledge leave their forested homes in search for other cultures to learn from. Many Academics spend years under tutelage of Glitch, Apex, and Avian. Many Academics never return to the savage ways of their less educated brethren. However, those Academics still possessing a thirst for battle return to the fold as extremely adept strategists. A lethal combination of battle-hardened experience and advanced knowledge makes Academics a force to be reckoned with.
    Hunts red.jpg
    Macaw Headdress
    Disphotic Breastplate
    Infiltrator's Greaves
    Moonkiller
    Terrifying Wings

[REDACTED] : If such individual is to be sighted, do not approach. Known to be very dangerous and very smart. Do not interact in any way. Last known individual to who made contact was a nobleman glitch found half eaten in a sewer system.
    Hunts Purple.jpg
    Synthesizer's Helm
    Scavenger's Breastplate
    River Leggings
    Pumphammer
    Hunter's Knife

Last edited: Jan 24, 2015
  2. TrueEdge

Since the elusive patch will be rolling out soon, I decided to dip my fingers in mods, namely Creative Ship, and Creative Mode. My results are in, and here is my badly stitched together MS paint space ship! I call her the Hollow Initiative Point Shifter Tangent Root, also known as The H.I.P.S.T.R.

[​IMG][​IMG]

3. The Squid

The Squid Oxygen Tank

These are awesome! How do you get all of the materials for these?

4. TrueEdge

All these likes! Thanks for the support, fellow Starbounders!

There is a mod called Creative Mode: http://community.playstarbound.com/...trol-over-your-experience-upbeat-giraffe.614/
    There is an item in the mod called Duplicator v100 and lets you spawn tons of blocks to work with.

But before that, I had to mine everything by Diamond Drill, and my, I must tell you that was quite laborious!

I used to be afraid that mods would mess up my game, but since the game is getting another update, I decided to go ahead and get modding and I regret nothing!

Data-log Entry 66: I have found it at last! The legendary time warp device! The data-files I found on board this craft's memory locker contains records of previous launches. But it seems with every warp, the universe destroys itself to be reborn again. I have spent all my life searching for this contraption and definitively prove I am more than a simple minded Floran. Dare I press this shiny red button?

Time Machine.jpg

Last edited: Jan 28, 2015
    DragonsForce and Tamorr like this.
  5. TrueEdge

Chloe Pabst. A Floran of finer tastes. Her name was formed on a play on the word chloroplast. When Chloe was but a young seedling, she was found by a loving glitch and apex couple. They raised her to be educated and always seek the greater good. She grew up with a passion for hunting, something that ran deep in her veins. But she also enjoyed the elegant lifestyle of the civilized and incorporated her own twist into her homes.

Chloe.jpg
    Assassin's Mask
    Insurgent's Jacket
    Scouter's Greaves

DreadBone Mark I. The pride of Chloe Pabst. It represents the merge between her instinctual heritage and her civilized upbringing. While the name might be threatening, this ship is not designed for battle, rather a place of relaxation in peace away from those who discriminate against Floran. Anyone is welcome aboard, and if you're rude enough, Chloe might have you for dinner.
    DreadBone.jpg

The Squid, Tamorr, Varixai and 2 others like this.
  6. TrueEdge

As usual per wipe update, I build an Arena of Fortitude on my home planet.
    Arena of Truth.jpg
    On my home planet, I had the luck of finding an avian village. To prevent the NPCs and guards from wandering away, I have built a barrier tree. Only a player is capable of making the jump unaided with tech. You only have to walk up to the root, hold jump, and tilt to the side when you reach the top.
    tree barrier.jpg
    My work station on my home planet. Since I don't have to worry about meteors, I made a nice little glitch house above ground.
    The Metal Shop.jpg

Glitch Tower of Wizardry:
    The underground library is a secret original structure designed for study in glitch wizardry. The above ground library was designed for public use where it holds the complete 675th edition of The Glitch Encyclopedia of Stars bound in leather.

1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg 4.jpg

Fun with wires

Airlock Wires0.jpg
    Lock Zero:
    Allows you to lock from the inside and/or the outside
    Wires; Left to right: Not, door, switch, drain, water, and, sensor, door, sensor, switch, and
    Airlock Wires1.jpg
    Lock One:
    Allows you to instantly lock the outer-most air door behind you as you run in.
    Wires; Left to right: Door, and, water, drain, not, sensor, door, not
    Airlock Wires2.jpg
    Lock Two:
    Locks you in if the switch is on. Closes the door instantly if switched on when you run in.
    Wires; Left to right: Door, sensor, and, water, drain, switch, door, not
    Airlock Wires3.jpg
    Lock Three:
    The water hatch will always be open. When you walk in, you can activate the switch to shut the doors and begin the water removing system. Rather than using traditional drains, I use doors to destroy the water. I playfully call this one El Muncher
    Wires; Left to right: Door, not, door, timer2 door, water, door, timer2, door, switch, door, sensor, door

Last edited: Feb 9, 2015
    Tamorr, Varixai, The Squid and 2 others like this.
  7. TrueEdge

F.U.E.L. Stations

Formula Utilized Extrication Liquid is owned and run by the McNamara family, namely Hillburst McNamara, the current CEO of F.U.E.L. Incorporated. Their main base of operations is on a frozen planet of an undisclosed location. However, many F.U.E.L. Stations can be found on all sorts of frozen planets.
    Fuel Factory.jpg
    Fuel Tycoon.jpg
    Fuel Tycoon2.jpg
    aFuel.jpg

Rail Cannon

F.U.E.L. Stations are protected with rail cannons. No expense is spared when constructing rail cannons, as they are the only line of defense in protecting the highly valuable F.U.E.L. Stations.
    One blast from a rail cannon is enough to vaporize a small moon, but requires a full tank of F.U.E.L., allowing for 4 consecutive shots on a fully loaded cannon. Reloads takes upwards of an hour, so the aiming system is completely computer automated, as to prevent organic error. An override system is present in case of a system malfunctioning.
    Rail Cannon.jpg

Oxidis, Varixai, DragonsForce and 8 others like this.
  8. TrueEdge

Gone are the days of Frankenstein pictures! I found the Extra Zoom mod and can now take full pictures of stuff! First on the list! My new space ship!

Gilead Mark I

The Gilead Mark I is Glennanne McNamara's favorite leisure ship. The heavily armored cruiser utilizes two MacroTech F.U.E.L. Engines, a medical lab, bunkers for McNamara's private guards, a control room, kitchen, farm, and store. A docking bay between the engines remains open for smaller space vehicles to take port and allow outside guests to board the cruiser. The Gilead Mark I has never seen battle, but supposedly in the blueprints, the two observation rooms doubles as a rail cannon. Of course it would be insane to fire a rail cannon with scientists on the observation deck, right?
    Gilead I.jpg

9. EarlGrey

EarlGrey Big Damn Hero

I realy love the F.U.E.L. Stations and the Rail Cannon. Keep on the great work.

TrueEdge likes this.
  10. TrueEdge

11. TrueEdge

Chloe's home/village
    It lacks a proper name, but Floran who live here are surprisingly civil. Perhaps the presence of wizard glitch in the tower next door influenced these Floran.
    As Chloe is the leader of this particular tribe of Floran, she lives in the topmost bulb of the central tree in the village.

Zoom top.jpg
    Zoom Stalk.jpg
    Zoom Roots.jpg

All of my Upbeat Giraffe characters.
    Everyone.jpg

Last edited: Mar 15, 2015
  12. Felson

Felson Void-Bound Voyager

Beautiful.

Just beautiful.

TrueEdge likes this.
  13. TrueEdge

Sorry I haven't posted much, I haven't had much inspiration lately.
    The Piranha

The tiny, but useful ship of the Talch, the Hero Hunter. Where it lacks in size, it more than makes up in its speed.
    Piranah.jpg

Floating Relic

A storage facility guarded by giant robots.
    Orbitor.jpg

Communications Station

Comm station.jpg

Energy Station

Energy Station.jpg

14. Beatrice

Beatrice Spaceman Spiff

Nice you're back :)

TrueEdge likes this.
  15. TrueEdge

Thank you, Beatrice :D
    What have you been up to?

Beatrice likes this.
  16. Beatrice

Beatrice Spaceman Spiff

Well, I returned a bit at building last month and tried some new building structures for my ocean planet (all on the last page), until CF fixes some bugs (especially the one with spawns monsters on player structures, which annoys me to death!). Also waiting for the colony-feature, for sure! :)

However, I'm without a PC at the moment, so no buildings this month! :D

TrueEdge likes this.
  17. TrueEdge

The Hellion:
    A giant research facility capable of flight through means of quantum levitation hovers menacingly over a countryside. This was Talch the Hero Hunter's prize for being the lapdog of the McNamara family. Between missions, Talch spends his time in this floating fortess, resting and planning. While the facility is incapable of offensive measures, it more than makes up for it in sheer defensive capabilities. Powered by a one-of-a-kind SSS+ illegal Hyper-Kinetic F.U.E.L. Converter Engine, the double reinforced hull can withstand anything short of an exploding sun. The medical station was designed for Talch's personal needs. If he were to ever lose a body part, the station would provide the necessary parts from participating donors in order to bring Talch back to 100% functionality. He has 4 faithful scientists who aid in his recuperation: Billy, Bobby, Betty, and Alexandra Constantine Juliana Wordsworth III.

Hellion.jpg

Billy
    He's head of maintenance. It has something to do with wires, ones, and zeros, he's the guy to look for.
    Billy.jpg

Bobby
    Surgeon who specializes in performing surgery on Talch's body during "persistence updates"
    Bobby.jpg

Betty
    Surgeon who specializes in removing body parts from participating donors for Talch's "anatomy supplements"
    Betty.jpg

Alexandra Constantine Juliana Wordsworth III
    Makes sure all medication is taken in correct amounts and keeps track of all fluids, powders, and solids that move within the facility.
    Alex.jpg

Last edited: Jun 4, 2015
  18. MrToni300

MrToni300 Ketchup Robot

Well that's great screenshots, i totally like current ones.

19. TrueEdge

Here's some stuff I did with the building scanner. I'm still waiting for the mod to get updated to support blueprints being copied, but for now, I'll live with my one-use building strip-and-drop.

Relocated Floran village 1

As you can see, I found a Floran village and took parts of it for myself. I prefer the trees, so i took those. The buildings shaped like houses, I ignored. Who want to live in a house any ways? Anyways, I made the tree growth look natural and had them rise from the dirt and stuff. There a little pit and some campfires. I hope you like vegetarian Floran.
    Savage and 3.jpg Savage top.jpg

Relocated Floran village 2

These Floran like to catch things. Animals, children, they just love catching things. And eating too. I hope you like carnivorous Floran.
    Bridge and 3.jpg

20. TrueEdge

Glitch workshop
    You can hear hammering throughout the day, through the night, through the weeks, months, years... Glitch don't rest do they? They are so dedicated to their smithing, they don't notice when customers come to buy weapons and other metal works. So people just come to pick up random stuff and leave bars of metal for the Glitch to continue smithing away. Under the smithy is a secret pool of water where weapons are quenched. Works of metal dipped in this water are said to be imbued with magic powers. But the most magical thing that happened with these weapons seems to be to keep away flies and mosquitoes.

Glitch workshop.jpg