1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

Outdated Kobold Race v0.1 Giraffe Like Kobold

A savage race of unintelligent, but adorable kobolds.

1. Luit120

Luit120 Big Damn Hero

I was wondering,do you plan to make a custom ship for the kobolds?I'm not complaining or anything,I just find it a little strange that a kobold was even able to figure out how to get onto a space ship,but whatever,it would look nicer if the ship was modified a little bit,like some primitive walling and the ship being a little bit tattered and such and covered in leather or something along those lines,because how you describe the kobolds doesn't make it seem like they'd really know how to properly take proper care of a spaceship,so maybe they'd add war-paint or markings on it,it's just a suggestion,kay thanks for reading BYE! ^_^

2. Bucketlamp

Bucketlamp Giant Laser Beams

If you look at earlier posts, you will be able to see the starting design of a kobold ship. It's still early but one is planned.

3. Mackinz

Mackinz The Waste of Time

Speaking of planning, how are the current plans for the Kobolds progressing, guys?

4. The Furreonist

The Furreonist Pangalactic Porcupine

I'm going to finally make a Deekin Scalesinger character.
    [​IMG]

5. Bucketlamp

Well I'm just the artist, and Kobold and I both have a pretty busy working schedules (you know gotta make a living) I might try poking him to check on him.

CaptainKobold and Mackinz like this.
  6. FireFangs

FireFangs Cosmic Narwhal

I may have missed it but... Where is the village? Please tell me I don't have to reset my universe to find one D: I wanna visit Kobold on my Viera!

7. Mackinz

Mackinz The Waste of Time

The villages aren't enabled yet, due to the update changing a lot of stuff.

8. FireFangs

FireFangs Cosmic Narwhal

Oooooooh, that explains everything!

9. CaptainKobold

CaptainKobold Pangalactic Porcupine

Still alive and working! I ended up having to stop my production on a day that I intended to roll out weapons/armors that we had previously because a client called. That said, I'm definitely still interested in continuing the mod and intending to do so! It just is filling in cracks in my schedule that seem to be getting smaller and smaller!

By the way, once the mod is in a much more completed mode, I want very badly to have the Wambler Pet option.

Mackinz likes this.
  10. Bucketlamp

I AM still working on my wambler launcher sprites. It would be hilarious if the launcher would not only do impact damage, but also then spawns an allied angry wambler (like throwing blocks).

CaptainKobold and Mackinz like this.
  11. Bucketlamp

So revisiting my previous weapon ideas. I was thinking now that we have different tiers and tech trees (the materials all being side-grades now) I was thinking of making wolf be a "striker" class. Starting with wolf (starting with titanium) Direwolf (dura steel) and eventually black/white wolf then Dire black/white wolf.

12. Bucketlamp

Sorry for the lack of updates, working at a low resolution and still trying to keep details is a bit.. interesting. I'll try to have some more of it done before long. It has been more or less crunch time here in real life.

13. KateisLost

KateisLost Cosmic Narwhal

Take your time, real life comes first. Glad you hear you are still working on this mod though!!

14. CaptainKobold

Alright, so I know I've been wildly unpresent of late even after saying I was going to be around.

So here's the dealio:

Work, PhD, and research are taking up an enormous amount of hours (as well they should be), so Kobolds have had to go to the backburner in a really big way. That said, with some of the upcoming features for Starbound, I'm getting all interested in the game again. Building settlements was my favorite part of Terraria and Minecraft even with highly limited NPC uses. If Starbound has more uses (which is the idea I'm getting) than it will be very tempting to me.

I'm tempted to try to come back and get things running fully, but with the way a couple of things have changed, huge swatches of the mod no longer work quite right. It's going to be a bit of a slow process to get things back to where they were.

This summer, I may have more availability. That said, I intend to be pursuing my research pretty hardcore which will also take quite a bit of my time. But hopefully I'll have a chance. When properly building NPC settlements and rooms becomes more of a thing, I'm sure my friends and I will be returning to the game which will make me MUCH more motivated to ensure that there are koboldy options.

That said, with the tagging system in place, I'm going to have to design some kobold items if that part of it is going to pick up. I remain, as ever, a terrible pixel artist so dependent upon BucketLamp's busy-ness and whether other people start hurling things my direction, that may be a bit far off for completion!

In summation:
    -The kobold mod is not necessarily dead
    -The kobold mod will not be updating really frequently or within the next couple of weeks
    -Starbound likely is progressing faster than the kobold mod, meaning that it will by comparison be losing features to the full game

I do want for it to be a fully working race on par with other in-game races at some point. My vision does include a time in the future when Starbound is done and Kobolds are a truly legitimate choice.

As always, all the best, I'll try to check in on here in the next couple of weeks and /hopefully/ once those couple of weeks are done I can begin slooooooowllllllyyyyy updating.

Mackinz likes this.
  15. Wulf_Oman

Wulf_Oman Existential Complex

From working with my mods; I recommend restarting the mod completely when you have time; and just use all the images and such from the old mod.
    (For me) the amount of changes was overwhelming so it really dragged me down trying to just change everything in the old mod. Once I started from scratch using old assets as a sort of guideline; the load was more manageable.

That's just my opinion and advice though

CaptainKobold likes this.
  16. CaptainKobold

I did a couple of hours trying to work things from the old system into the new one, but I pretty quickly gave up on that.

I've got the partial mod going currently (and am looking forward to having a chance to get back to them!), but I may even end up starting that one over again. The whole process of relearning the system is something I definitely want to have more time than I'll have until... 3-4 weeks from now!

I really want to get the basics (armor/weapons/etc) done because the things that to me seem most fun are beyond the code-wall of the general stuff! I want very badly for people to be able to construct little kobold-thingies, stick them in hovels, and attract some 'bolds.

17. carriontrooper

carriontrooper Existential Complex

For updating stuff, try to contact Mackins for that; he's done well in resuscitating the Avali. At least you can count on an extra hand that way.

18. Bucketlamp

Awesome, if we change weapon format, I still have everything saved in individual PSDs in separate layers. B.O.L.D is currently fairly in disarray, I've got random frames here and there done of her, hard to represent a shaking head and moving body parts when you have so few pixels.

19. CaptainKobold

The latest update on the blog had me basically bashing my hands against the keyboard in excitement.

This week is kind of crazy, but I'm hoping that I can sit down at some point next week to crank out a little code. Maybe even this one. Sorry this has fallen so far behind, PhDs take up QUITE a bit of time.

20. River King

River King Big Damn Hero

Rifts wants to be a Kawaii Kobold! :saywhat: