27th of February: Oink oink!

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by GeorgeV, Feb 27, 2015.

1. the.smitty

the.smitty Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Looks like some indescribable horror.

2. Phantaeon

Phantaeon Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Since everybody has something they want as a pet. I would say that variaty is of utmost importance when it comes to pets. Things like fire and water elemental things would be common asks. A bit more unusual would be a magnetism pet or a ghost pet. Personally I'd want a Colour power wolf that has a paintbrush tail ( Not as in Amaterasu from Okami, but kinda similarI guess. but it wasn't inspired by Okami ).

3. Magament

Magament Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Awesome and soooo... CUTE

4. Titanium

Titanium Existential Complex

best update 10/10

5. Greatblackshark

Greatblackshark Cosmic Narwhal

How much damage does it do?

6. Bronze Dog

Bronze Dog Starship Captain

I'm a little weirded out. Not by the fact that the devs are adding a cute pig as a pet, but by a minor coincidence. I had a video game dream last night where a very similar looking pig was a Binding of Isaac item that gave me "fat tears."

Rukrio and benignInferno like this.
  7. Mackinz

Mackinz The Waste of Time

@GeorgeV

It is cute, but I do hope that there will be Glitch, Floran, Hylotl and Avian pets that are derived from animals from Earth but aren't them at the same time. And I hope there are quite a few possibilities! :O

@Kawa

SAIL is rather lame, considering the only differences between each race's SAIL is its appearance.

8. Prammus

Prammus Void-Bound Voyager

PIGS ARE MORE EQUAL

9. KookyKeronian

KookyKeronian Parsec Taste Tester

PIGGEH! :lickitung:
    Time to feed it cookies! :cookie:

10. pi master

pi master Void-Bound Voyager

Post too long. Didn't read.

sid3aff3ct and Type1Ninja like this.
  11. BloodyFingers

BloodyFingers The End of Time

I think captured monsters can also be recaptured by throwing another pod. But really, that's quite ineffective resource wise. The reason I have to kill them is because by the time I obtain the means to craft pods, I no longer have vast amounts of steel to craft hundreds of them. So it's either leaving them behind or killing them so I can recover it's filled pod it drops on his death.

And let's not forget that Glitchs can eat pretty much anything. From meat to vegetables and all sorts of liquids. They don't rely solely on batteries or a reactor like your conventional robot. They do have uses for farms. And having pets? I dunno, I guess they are capable of feelings, as they feel embarrassed and jealous towards other races at times (mostly the hairy ones). So developing some kind of bond to a creature not made of metal is not that outlandish.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2015
    Tamorr likes this.
  12. 576-Belligerent-Coil

576-Belligerent-Coil Void-Bound Voyager

There are plenty of Glitch settlements out there that have farms as part of their overall setup. I think the pig makes sense, since their overall aesthetic is medieval culture with some anachronisms. What better pet would a Mud Age race have than a pig?

Let's not talk about the fact that the Glitch PC is one of the few that broke out of this mindset.

13. Lemuria

Lemuria Subatomic Cosmonaut

Bacon pancakess, making bacon pancakess. Take ssome bacon and Floran will put it in a pancake. Bacon pancakess, that'sss what Floran iss gonna make. Bacon pancaaaaaaakessss.

14. Timeheart

Timeheart Void-Bound Voyager

This little piggy went to the moon. :)

15. ZallCaTor

ZallCaTor Scruffy Nerf-Herder

And this little piggy went "wee wee wee" all the way home..... Which happens to be earth, But was then eaten by something powerful.... Something terrifying...

(I hope some diehard Starbound fan get's that reference.)

Rukrio and ZestalCores like this.
  16. Jonesy

Jonesy Sarif's Attack Kangaroo Forum Moderator

omg i pay $15 dollar for this game and all you have to show is a goddamn pig

work harder or ill never buy one of your games again

:sarcasm:

Yeah, only because he wasn't prepared to use a public toilet.

17. Lecic

Lecic Hard-To-Destroy Reptile

Glitch have biofuel power generators in their "stomachs." They can use food they grow and eat to produce energy. This isn't a guess or a theory by me, that's what the lore says.

18. SivCorp

SivCorp Parsec Taste Tester

So there WILL be a way to get bacon? Sweet.

19. Type1Ninja

Type1Ninja Hard-To-Destroy Reptile

There has been for a while. Check out the Terramart.

If you mean without buying it...

Uuuh... Mine a load of platinum, refine it all into pixels, go to the big box labeled "TERRAMART." Scroll until you find the the bacon, then hit... Uuuh... "BUY" which stands for "BACON-U-YEARN (for)." Totally.
    It uses your pixels to make Bacon. Totally. Craftable bacon, see?
    ;)

MysticMalevolence likes this.
  20. skydart

skydart Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Nice piggy! Could that mean that next to bacon and tasty sausages, we also might get here a saddle and a carrot-on-a-stick, too?! Foran cavalry incoming - Yeeeeeehaw! :p