1. When making a thread, please tag your thread accordingly using the menu to the left of the textfield where you name your thread where applicable. Server Advertisements and Mod Releases should be contained to their respective subforums.

Furry Friendly Starbound Server (Modpack Updated 4/7/2015, Races, Music, Improvements and more!)

Discussion in 'Public Servers' started by Snowpup, Dec 29, 2013.

1. Snowpup

Snowpup Giant Laser Beams

We have a restarter in place.

2. SonOfValhalla

SonOfValhalla Intergalactic Tourist

Is the server down tonight mates ?

3. Snowpup

It's up, I'm sorry, the restart program process locked up.

4. SonOfValhalla

Oh sweet !

Also i was wondering if it would be alright if i ask the community a question about a novel im writing.

5. Snowpup

Of course! We don't suppress here.X3

What's on your mind?

6. SonOfValhalla

In my novel some of the Alien races will be furry (anthro animals ect ect.)

Honestly they would kind of be like star fox in style.

If i did this would i attract a furry audience by giving the species depth and detail? Instead of just vaguely describing and explaining them.

Also i'm curios as to what species you all would like to see!

Now I can't say if they'll be on the good side or bad side of things that all depends on where the pieces of plot fall.

7. Khuur

Khuur Pangalactic Porcupine

Grassification and Prismatic Stars seem cool. Not as interested in random trees.

8. Timeheart

Timeheart Void-Bound Voyager

Well, I just tried out the server myself now, and ran into a few difficulties. It wouldn't let me beam back up to my ship at first... then I had to try and reconnect to the server, but it wasn't responding to my connect request.

9. Snowpup

You simply caught it at a crash. Wait a few minutes and try again; it will auto-restart.

10. Timeheart

Timeheart Void-Bound Voyager

Yeah. that was it. Now It works like fluid. :)

11. Mills

Mills Phantasmal Quasar

Your server sounds fun. I'll be sure to check it out. :speechless:

12. Jake_Shifter

Jake_Shifter Phantasmal Quasar

Think about Mass Effect compared to Star Trek. Would you rather have 8 or 9 races that are very carefully defined and detailed, or 200+ canon races that all only have 1 identifying trait?
    IF you actually finish this novel, i'll read it. Make it as detailed as you can, thats what makes books great.

Khuur and Snowpup like this.
  13. Snowpup

Hey everyone, our proxy has been updated and I'm probably going to push it to the server tonight.

It will have all the old features it used to have, along with the web-chat at http://www.furrybound.com.

I'll be pushing it here in short time so keep an eye out!

Old thread/info below

THIS SERVER PROVIDES FUEL UPON REGISTERING IN-GAME! YOU WILL NEVER BE STRANDED ON THE HOMEWORLD AGAIN! ("/register name pass" in the server to receive.)

One of the biggest features introduced in this update on 07/9/2014 is the ability to create a user/pass authentication for yourself. This means:

• All your characters will be linked to the account you create (This means planets you bookmark or protect (or added to protect lists) will transfer over to any characters you sign into with your account.
      • Account-bound Username Saving. You have a limit of 20 characters that can be bound to your account. You can release a character's name at any time (this will not delete the character or any items, it will simply allow the name to be free again).
      • Easy site-integration upon final build!
    To register simply log into the server with one of your characters and type "/register name password". Once that is done log out and log back in with those credentials. It's that simple! Please choose a username and password you will remember! Keep the password unique! Passwords are salted and hashed in our database.

Visual tutorial for registering in quote below:

We will also be keeping and adding (improved) commands. The full command list can be found below:

Code:
    /help - Prints a list of available commands.

/help command - Prints information about a specific command.

/me message - Sends the message as an action to all players on the planet.

/motd - Prints the current message of the day.

/r message - Responds to the last player who whispered you.

/register username password - Register an account with the server.

/ship - Warps you to your ship. <Can warp from any location, any time.>

/spawn - Moves the ship to the spawn planet.

/w player message - Whispers a player.

/who - Lists the players connected to the server.

/who_planet - Lists the players on your planet.

/addbuilder player - Adds a user to the builder list for this planet.

/bookmark name - Adds this planet to the bookmark list with a friendly name for quick navigation.

/bookmarks - Prints a list of bookmarks.

/delbookmark name - Deletes a bookmark.

/goto bookmarkName - Moves the ship to the specified bookmark.

/my_names - Prints the claimed nicknames. They are claimed upon log-in on a registered account, with a limit of 20 nicknames per user.

/protect bookmarkName - Prevents players without authorization from editing this planet and adds it to your bookmarks. Up to five planets per user can be protected.

/protect_list - Prints the users that can build on this planet and how many planets you protected.

/release name - Releases the nickname if it was claimed by you.

/removebuilder player - Removes a player from the builder list for this planet.

/unprotect - Releases this protected planet.
    We plan on adding more features as time goes on. If you have any suggestions for what you would like to see please let us know!

That is all for now; please hop in and give it a try, share with us your thoughts, and most of all have fun!

Happy bounding!

Also as a note, EVERYONE must RE-REGISTER (if you wish to that is, it is not required!)

All the old accounts were purged and must be re-made.

Also our site is currently down for logging in/webchat. It will be returning shortly.X3

I am also aware of items/animals/projectiles being frozen mid-air. Will be looking for cause in the next few days.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2015
  14. Yamadataiki

Yamadataiki Phantasmal Quasar

One bug, I'm invisible to over half the people whom I invited lol they thought i was an invisible greifer for a minute lol doesnt seem to be happening to everyone though.

edit: also, protect seems to stop people from breaking but they can continue to place furniture if they want to without being able to remove what they place. really weird

2nd edit: Added someone to planets protection, have to keep removing them and readding them eevery time they beam down or they cant build :/ dunno whats up with that. hope its just me having issues

15. Blastaway

Blastaway Cosmic Narwhal

That's a problem that could be solved by unequipping any techs added by mods the server doesn't use.

16. Starnightmoon

Starnightmoon Void-Bound Voyager

My game crashed. I tryed getting back in but it said that name was taken.

It keeps happening. Both of my players "Starnightmoon" and "Starnight" are bugging out again :(

17. Yamadataiki

Yamadataiki Phantasmal Quasar

I only have the modpack and a custom intro for startup, only tech i have on that's not vanilla is creative flight. I figured I was safe but I can try without that tech wired and see what happens.

18. Blastaway

Blastaway Cosmic Narwhal

Oh.

It might be the creative flight tech for all I (or we) know.

19. Cobalt Lightning

Cobalt Lightning Existential Complex

I leave Starbound for another half-a-week because I left my house for the first time in a month and stuff changed x.x

Apparently there's a problem with Black Glass, too.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2015
  20. Snowpup

Can't fix the issue with Black Glass until I update the modpack.

Also when reporting problems please leave details fuzzles. Not just "It doesn't work". I can't troubleshoot of no information. Thanks! (This isn't directed at anyone in particular; just re-iterating past requests for info.X3)

The proxy has been updated! Changes below:

• Fixed /goto and /spawn. These commands now work properly so enjoy them!
    • Fixed /whisper command and changed the beginning word color to identify them easier in busy chats
    Sadly I haven't figured out what's causing the floating entities issue and it may be a while until I do. Until then we'll have to live with it sadly. x.x

Last edited: Feb 28, 2015