Upbeat Giraffe??

Discussion in 'Starbound FAQs, Q&A, and General Help' started by sheeshaslasher, Jan 28, 2015.

1. sheeshaslasher

sheeshaslasher Void-Bound Voyager

Okay, so I downloaded the update for both Stable and Unstable, my launcher reads "v. Upbeat Giraffe" for both.
    When I go to play Stable though, my actual games still says "v. Enraged Koala" and when I start a new character everything is still the un-updated version. Why is this? Do I have to actually go in and uninstall the game and then re-install it? I've never had to do that before with any other update.

It's rather frustrating. :sparta:

2. Owl_Stalker

Owl_Stalker Guest

This is because the stable isn't actually updated yet. It's only been announced that an update will occur, not that it has.

The launcher says Upbeat Giraffe because the info on it is pulled from a webpage (I think).

sheeshaslasher likes this.
  3. sheeshaslasher

Okay, so what exactly is the update that Steam keeps having me download every time I switch between Stable and Unstable? Both branches has "updated queued" after it in my steam library when I switch and I've updated them multiple times.

4. Owl_Stalker

Owl_Stalker Guest

When you switch to a different beta branch, steam will "update" your starbound files, meaning that it adds, changes, and removes what is needed to change versions. "Update queued" just means that steams is waiting to update, it goes away after a few seconds and begins the download.

sheeshaslasher likes this.
  5. sheeshaslasher

Okay, Thank you. :)

6. chuck_x

chuck_x Space Hobo

Sorry if this is a tad of topic, but i think this would be the best forum to put it on. When i open my newly updated starbound, it gives me this error:

any help?
    btw, if there is a better post for this to be on, feel free to direct me to it.

Attached Files:

7. rawkinrex

rawkinrex Phantasmal Quasar

Chuck,

Mac version had a launcher issue. Launch from Game app instead. they should be fixing it in an update soon.