1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Bees! v:Unstable/Pre 1.0

A massive addition to Starbound centered around Beekeeping! +Armor, Blocks, Furniture, and tons more

1. Inny

Inny Cosmic Narwhal

Well, this answer wasn't intended to be here, actually. Oops.
    I really like how you changed things. The miners frame system is a great idea!

Here are my thoughts about bees against suit.
    You'll have to create two effects, for damage and suit, the damage one will be handled by lua. The bees won't do direct damage but add a short duration effect to the player - let's call it bee sting. The suit add another effect to the player. The lua checks if the player has the protection effect and if not, inflict some damage.
    You may need another lua to check if the player wears the three elements of the suit before adding the effect.

2. Omekk

Omekk Pangalactic Porcupine

Hey Cactuar, do you have Sunskippers on desert planets? This is the only mod I have that edits the spawner and everyone on my server seems to not be able to find these bugs.

3. Cactuar

Cactuar Ketchup Robot

What on earth is a sunskipper?[DOUBLEPOST=1421959611][/DOUBLEPOST]

I need to find out how to make the apiary check for a buff, then. I don't know if it's possible?[DOUBLEPOST=1421959771][/DOUBLEPOST]
    OH! Yeah, i fixed that. It was accidently replaced with butterbee. I'll upload in a moment, a version that fixes it.

The | Suit likes this.
  4. Omekk

Sunskippers are like Butterbees and Fawnflies, I can find those but I have a quest for sunskippers and CANNOT catch one. I see them in the original spawner.config... Do you know where else monster spawns are handled? Sunskippers are supposed to show up in Desert planets during the day in exposed areas.

Edit: Oh NICE! Also, I got your message today! I'd love to play sometime... I've just been SO busy. I'll hit you up on Skype soon! :)

5. Cactuar

Cactuar Ketchup Robot

Done. Redownload from the same link. It will fix those spawns, but probably not on planets that have already been visited.

Omekk likes this.
  6. Omekk

Thanks man! Could I ask how to fix it in unstable d? I have some users who don't want me to update JUST yet to unstable e. :p I was going to give them time to sort out there apiaries and bees first.

7. Cactuar

Cactuar Ketchup Robot

Just grab the biome file from the download for unstable e. Biomes/Surface/Desert and overwrite. It listed the wrong 2 bugs in d.

Omekk likes this.
  8. Omekk

I ended up doing that! Thanks! Also, like I said I will add you on Skype soon!

9. Cactuar

Cactuar Ketchup Robot

Hey quick update guys! I just added an animation and sound effect to the following 2 objects:
    Industrial Centrifuge
    Honey Jarring Machine. (Also, this machine was consuming glass jars even when idle. That has been fixed)

[DOUBLEPOST=1421968003][/DOUBLEPOST]Edit: Packaged it into the current build: unstable e[DOUBLEPOST=1421968051][/DOUBLEPOST]edit #2: I'm working on refining some of the current features before I explore more bee types. I have a few more objects that need animations and sound.
    ... and yes. I patched the Viera race. Rabbits are bomb. (I sent the author the update. She's working on fully updating the mod. It's my favorite race mod. Check it out!)

http://community.playstarbound.com/index.php?resources/wip-the-viera-race-of-ivalice.1533/

Last edited: Jan 22, 2015
  10. Cactuar

Cactuar Ketchup Robot

Yes, that icon is a tiny Nick Cage.[DOUBLEPOST=1421975297][/DOUBLEPOST]All new features: Added to the current download - unstable e[DOUBLEPOST=1421977384][/DOUBLEPOST]I feel like I should tell you guys.. about the real icon.. but.. i just.. i don't want to ruin your dreams.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2015
  11. Cactuar

Cactuar Ketchup Robot

Cactuar updated Bees! with a new update entry:

Animations, Sound Effects, Bee Stings, Fixes

Read the rest of this update entry...

12. Cactuar

Cactuar Ketchup Robot

Cactuar updated Bees! with a new update entry:

Flowers! They do stuff! YEAH!

Read the rest of this update entry...[DOUBLEPOST=1422184129][/DOUBLEPOST]

^ quick link to the new flower content. If more flowers get added to the game, I will adjust the formula to compensate. I feel that it is well balanced for the 4 base flowers types as is, but with more, it could get out of hand.

The whole formula is explained in that update, just in case anyone is curious. Multiple flowers to stack, but on a downward curve. For this reason, using different flower types is more effective than using only one type.

13. Inny

Inny Cosmic Narwhal

Error: Could not instantiate item '[grounddrone, 1, {}]'. (ItemException) No such item 'grounddrone'

My breeding attempts came to an end here. ^^
    Also, how do we get red bees now?

14. Cactuar

Cactuar Ketchup Robot

Oh strange, it's supposed to be spawning miner bees. FIxed in the current version.

Red bees are made with flower and normal bees. The main page of the mod should list combinations, as well as how to get flower bees if you have not found a flower sub biome. (forest+jungle can sometimes spawn flower bees)

15. Proxeh

Proxeh Void-Bound Voyager

Excuse me, Cactuar, I've seem to have encountered a problem...

There are no Bees spawning anywhere, I checked pretty much every biome, Nothing.

Any idea what's happening?

16. Cactuar

Cactuar Ketchup Robot

Not without a log, and a list of mods installed, nope. Though, there was an update yesterday. This could be it, the mod may need some tweaking for the update when i get home today.

17. Cactuar

Cactuar Ketchup Robot

Was it forests that you checked? I found out why, they changed the surface in the biome file, so mine was not patching it properly.

I'm testing the rest but they seem unchanged.

18. Cactuar

Cactuar Ketchup Robot

19. Wulf_Oman

Wulf_Oman Existential Complex

Again Cactuar I'd like to apologize for getting carried away with the extension and ending up using your coding (I tried to give as much credit as possible, I wanted to add a dependancy on your mod but had no idea how)
    So I just wanted to publicly apologize for the -sorta- misunderstanding on my end.

20. Cactuar

Cactuar Ketchup Robot

Hey thank you, though that was only part of the problem.