Dev Update #24

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by oath2order, Jan 26, 2015.

1. oath2order

oath2order Parsec Taste Tester

Because we've had a thread for each one so far.

Ayyy that looks good!

• Kab00mBaby

Kab00mBaby Pangalactic Porcupine

Indeed. But sadly no accurate release date yet. "This year" is still a long way.
      By the looks it'll take some time to fix / polish all the small things including balancing and rewarding and what else there might be left. Those things can be a pain and i understand why CA won't settle on a fixed release yet. I expect he will let us know once the game is complete and then announce a close release date (like withing a week or even less).

• gabbo13

gabbo13 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

well soon as CA drops a pre-order/buyable area im sooo spamming it to my harvest moon fans! i have waited for somethign like this, co-op Hm :p

• Terrax7

Terrax7 Big Damn Hero

I'm buying the four pack

• kattenjansson

kattenjansson Cosmic Narwhal

pretty much confirms that any release dates listed on other sites we've seen, we're just speculation/fabrication
            although the late feb release date still seems pretty plausible

I've told my bf that once this game is released he's not going to hear from me unless he plays with me. I'm also buying the four pack

Lellom likes this.
            • NoxiousRaven

NoxiousRaven Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Not much information about the multiplayer feature. I wish we had a bigger bone to pick.

kattenjansson likes this.
              • Terrax7

Terrax7 Big Damn Hero

I feel like he's fucking with us about the release date(to be perfectly honest it's a good way to keep the hype). I understand him not wanting to state it but after I found that article (I put it on the forum eariler) it's like he read it adjusted his tophat, twirled his evil mustache and goes (in a vaudeville style villain voice) "I will state that it will be released this year but neither confirm or deny the release date of SV. that'll get them going." However now I have to plan out what i'm going to do in game. *Scheming mode engaged* :geek::coffee:

• kattenjansson

careful, being critical of that here gets you a load of hate (and reported lol)[DOUBLEPOST=1422314056][/DOUBLEPOST]
                  I'm thinking it'll be similar to terraria's: host a game, give your friend(s) the connection details, party.

• Terrax7

Terrax7 Big Damn Hero

Or he's a time traveler and it was release in 2015 bc. *thinks for a second* That makes perfect sense. Hollow we must make a time machine to go back into the past to get this game to bring it to it's proper time.

• Kab00mBaby

stop derailing this with your strange posts :ninja:

• NoxiousRaven

NoxiousRaven Scruffy Nerf-Herder

That's a bit vague. There are plenty of design challenges with the multiplayer.

• Do you own a farm or share one?
                        • What happens to your farm while you're away? Do crops wither and die? Do animals die of starvation?
                        • Can you access someone's farm while they are offline? Are farms static on the world or dynamically change depending on the player who logs in?
                        • What happens if you forget to water your crops or care for your animals before logging off and log in right before the game changes to the next day?
                        • How do you handle events with NPCs? Do other players witness them? Can you see another player in an event with the NPC?
                        • Are marriage candidates unavailable once they have been married to another player?
                        • Is player data stored locally or on the server in multiplayer?
                        • Can players alter your farm? Do you have to set permissions? How much control is allowed over this?
                        • What happens if a player alters his game files and joins your server? Uses hacks? Cheat protection?
                        • Will players be able to trade items to each other? How? Drop items on the floor or a specific UI for this? What about money?
                        • What happens to seasonal crops if you plant them in Spring, log off and log in and it's Winter?

• kattenjansson

• yes
                          • nothing. they get stronger. they get clinical depression
                          • yes, also when you're offline. neither.
                          • everything gets deleted
                          • NPCs stay mute because they all have social anxiety when more than one person plays. Yes. No.
                          • No, you can go the polygamy route but you have to build a mormon chapel first
                          • neither, you should store it in the fridge for up to 1 week or the freezer for up to 1 month
                          • no, nobody can touch anything. no, nobody has permission to do anything including setting permissions. very little
                          • it deletes the Win32 file and corrupts your registry
                          • the only tradeable items will be compliments and good natured puns. yes, drop everything. money is the root of all evil
                          • crops cant survive in the cold unless you build a greenhouse and/or blast disco music to keep the heat up. except for pumpkins because they have no boogie
                          I hope this answered all your questions to your satisfaction

considering I know literally as much as you and I just stated a guess as to how we would connect in multiplayer. obviously there's more to consider. have a seat

• Kab00mBaby

haha i loled at your reply Kattenjansson

DatYandereGirl and kattenjansson like this.