1. These forums have moved. You can find the community for Lenna's Inception on Reddit or joining the developers on Discord.

What would you like to see in beta7?

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by tccoxon, Nov 13, 2014.

1. tccoxon

tccoxon Procedurally Generated Programmer

Next update will be beta6b with a few bug-fixes in it, but I'm also planning beta7 right now. What features do you want to see in it?

One of the things I've been considering for it is a new, much shorter challenge (probably a single dungeon, 10 minutes max) that could become a daily challenge. It could even have a different ruleset each day - I am Error one day and 3-heart run the next. What do you think?

Last edited: Nov 13, 2014
    • Wicstar

Wicstar Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I like the idea.
      I think an waved base kind of room could be great as well for certain days, something similar to the Hallucination Potion.
      A bunch of monsters spawning, kill them (or try to), and see how long you survive.

Also, I did mention on Twitter:
      It would be nice to have a notification at the bottom of the screen when picking up generic items (ie: potions). For now you need to open your inventory to figure out if it's a potion you already used or a new one.
      It would remove the need to open the inventory and add to the flow of the gameplay in my own opinion.

• tccoxon

tccoxon Procedurally Generated Programmer

Some good ideas there.

I've thought about the waved enemy challenge thing before - I need to spend more time considering the details before I can commit to adding this.

Same deal with the item pickup notification. It would have to happen without pausing gameplay or covering any important portion of the screen. I'll keep it in mind.

• Wicstar

Wicstar Scruffy Nerf-Herder

How about just a 1 or 2 second text just above the Z X C ?

• Kishi

Kishi Master Chief

Maybe in similarity to enemy waves, after you beat the game you could unlock a boss rush mode. Could scale in difficulty with modifiers like the cloak too, I noticed the second set of waves becomes giant, even the bosses. I fought them in the shop area after beating the beta so I could heal quick and easy B') Eventually they killed me though and I lost my win due to permadeath lmao.

tccoxon likes this.