1. Welcome to the Art + Literature sections! Some things to keep in mind:
    • It's a good idea to specify whether or not you're looking for critique from your fellow members. Please don't let friendly criticism turn into an all-out flame war.
    • Art and literature often deal with mature subjects. This is fine, but please keep in mind that we'd like to keep things PG-13. Don't let discussions get out of hand, and if they do, please alert a moderator.
    • If you've got a request, please use the [REQUEST] prefix!

Pixel Weekly Pixel-off (Current Theme: Cute)

Discussion in 'Art' started by Lord Octopus, Jul 27, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ovyerus

Ovyerus Cosmic Narwhal

Ok.

2. rhomboid

rhomboid 0118 999 881 99 9119 725... 3

na it's because i have no idea what i'm doing and i have no pixel art programs and the sai pen automatically does that >>

3. Ovyerus

Ovyerus Cosmic Narwhal

*cough*Paint.NET*cough*

Owl_Stalker likes this.
  4. rhomboid

is that an in-browser thing?
    or do i have to download it?
    >> i am ver lazy

5. Or you could just zoom in in SAI and use the pencil tool.

6. rhomboid

that's what i did though.

7. Well then I don't think you should've gotten anti-aliasing. I've never used SAI, but generally the pencil tool draws 1 pixel and that's it.

WoxandWarf likes this.
  8. Jack_Kéther

Jack_Kéther Scruffy Nerf-Herder

just in home my cousin steal my steam account andoferme spore and a bunsh of other game nice nice he don't know my taste=3
    anyway i'm starting working (can't wait to finish all my graphicfor the our html game *cought*) i will post my unfinished work on my tread(unfinished cuz i'm tired)
    http://www.humanbalance.net/gale/us/download.html
    dunno if you can download it in your country, but i get the free version of it, it's a nice progamfor starting(the best was photoshop for me but t's difficult to master all the option of it), exept advanced option, it's pretty easy to use it (it's an advanced paint for pixel art)

rhomboid likes this.
  9. Ovyerus

Ovyerus Cosmic Narwhal

@rhomboid You have to download it, but it is free to get and is quite small.
    http://www.getpaint.net/[DOUBLEPOST=1418869752][/DOUBLEPOST]What is wrong with me...?

ENTRY:
    x1
    [​IMG]

x2
    [​IMG]

x3
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 18, 2014
    rhomboid and WoxandWarf like this.
  10. MrDrMuffinPants

MrDrMuffinPants Void-Bound Voyager

My name is jack, I could just post a super small picture of my face

rhomboid and Ovyerus like this.
  11. Jack_Kéther

mine too ! that why i choose this theme =p

MrDrMuffinPants and Ovyerus like this.
  12. MrDrMuffinPants

Pretty sure we have to be best friends now, even if I never talk to you (I don't talk to anyone haha)

Ovyerus and Jack_Kéther like this.
  13. Jack_Kéther

well it's isn't really Jack it's Jacques, my second name but i prefer this orthography, a K for ROCK(i prefer it to my first name Guillaume) and everyone of my friends call me Jack((and not only on internet ) so it's like my real name for me =)
    Rock is our voice,
    Rock is our truth,
    Rock is our choice,
    Rock is our youth. !!!
    Just solid as ROCK
    *ps posted my unfinished pic on my tread : First pixel art =)
    i hope i will finish it the next night

Ovyerus likes this.
  14. Jack_Kéther

broken for me =x

15. MrDrMuffinPants

Yeah i fixed it

16. Jack_Kéther

well i think the quality does'nt mater
    i guess it's off-theme, it's not a jack
    "Jack" was in common usage to designate the "Knave," or "Servant" in ~1850, also Jack is a playing cards the minimum rank of the face cards or court cards, and, in fantasy Jack i guess assume a role of fool/mad person but always very civilized (exp: alice in wonderland: knave/jack of heart and the mad hat, the elders scrool s:Sheogorath the mad god)
    for a jack i guess you can represent a knave/servant mad or not in a period like 1400-1800
    and "Jester" have a very important job in medieval/renaissance period aparently he was the "court pet" but in the shadows he was the eyes of the king and telling bad news that no one who tell to the king also "natural fool", "true jester"(no comedy here) was viewed like a man touched by god , so his role was Political as mutch as Religious, and also it's a playing cards :the joker.. In fantasy he assume the role of a powerful wizard or/and a visionary or/and a power broker: a grey eminence who manipulate all the court, he can be eatch of them but it's always an evil (or very neutral) and mad person (exemple : Final fantasy VI : Kefka, The Legend of Kyrandia : Malcom)
    you see you have a very large choise for the jester
    i hope this will help you
    (p.s : for who want to know The Legend of Kyrandia is an very old adventure/enigma game serie (3games) in pixel art but the level of pixel art was clearly better the King quest adventure/enigma game), well we speacking about pixel art don't forget all the lucas arts game like : Loom/full throttle/the dig ectect)

17. prodamn

prodamn Spaceman Spiff

ENTWY:

so let me introduce you to Jester's cards:

original:

jester's cards.png
    3x:
    jester's cards3x.png

WoxandWarf, rhomboid and Jack_Kéther like this.
  18. Jack_Kéther

cute one !

edit : prodam, i will never play cards with you, you cheater !

Last edited: Dec 21, 2014
  19. Ovyerus

Ovyerus Cosmic Narwhal

Also, my card is supposed to be a joker, I forgot that it has the word 'joker' on it, not just a 'j'.

20. Chompy

Chompy Cosmic Narwhal

i maed dis
    [​IMG]
    Seriously I can't draw people well so I don't know if I'll take this seriously and actually make an entry.
    P.S. Feste is a :poo:head.
    Edit: I mean Capcom's Feste not Shakespeare's.

Edit 2:
    Jacks? :p
    [​IMG]

Lord Octopus likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.