Belated thread for the Winter Trailer

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by OmnipotentEntity, Dec 16, 2014.

1. Tweak

Tweak Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Trailer is too beautiful. I cried :(

2. Real_

Real_ Intergalactic Tourist

So these updates are all the contents of last nightly version or some sort of new stuff? I have the last nightly setting and some of these features are older, is the next stable version simply a nighly refined?

3. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

Basically. The next stable is actually going to be a refined unstable, which in turn is a refined nightly. So pretty much exactly how it's been since unstable was first introduced, but with three layers instead of two.

4. Zouleena

Zouleena Pangalactic Porcupine

I consider wiping with updates like making a new record... you screw around in the studio for hours on end, trying things out- some sounds work, some beats don't. Then, when you're ready to record you take a deep breath, make sure your instruments are tuned, and the studio is quiet, and start fresh and clean and see where the music takes you. Sure, you can use some of the old shitty stuff for the "behind the scenes" footage, but most times you just want to forget it and burn the reel to reel ;)

5. Klokinator

Klokinator Big Damn Hero

So will this update actually have a delete button for characters?

6. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

Considering it's been in Nightly for a while, I don't see why not.

Jbeetle likes this.
  7. Tweakz

Tweakz Void-Bound Voyager

I know you guys planning to release the "unstable" Update in the next few days... But i have a question: Will it be possible to take the "unstable" savegames over to the stable release? :) Cheers.

8. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

Unstable to stable is much more likely than nightly to (un)stable.

Jbeetle likes this.
  9. Buckycarbon

Buckycarbon Void-Bound Voyager

*Spongebob face* Ugh. Ugh. Ugh. Ehn. eh. Eh.EHHH. EH. EH!. This looks wonderful!

10. Pofinator

Pofinator Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Does this include Hylotl villages and stuff/

11. Boreas

Boreas Aquatic Astronaut

I am happy to see how this game evolves. And as I see the penguin-plague spreads over the galaxy... We need to send them back to their lonely Ice-Planet where they came from.

12. Jbeetle

Jbeetle Oxygen Tank

I think so. I mean, they've had the hylotl village assets done for a while, they just didn't have oceans working very well.

13. 58mph

58mph Aquatic Astronaut

more speicifecly , will it come out in winter?[DOUBLEPOST=1419792841][/DOUBLEPOST]
    i agree in a most utter manner

14. keyofnight

keyofnight Aquatic Astronaut

Hey! Chuckles! You folks are working so hard under so much pressure from this community, and the game looks quite amazing. Wow. I just want to express my most sincere gratitude for all of the awesome progress you've made on the game. I can't wait to try the unstable branch. :)