1. When making a thread, please tag your thread accordingly using the menu to the left of the textfield where you name your thread where applicable. Server Advertisements and Mod Releases should be contained to their respective subforums.

GIA Starbound Dedicated Server - Official Information

Discussion in 'Public Servers' started by Jardi-Gol, Mar 7, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jardi-Gol

Jardi-Gol Big Damn Hero

Hello.
    In a way to not be spaming with many post's, I will open JUST ONE POST with all information of the server and WILL EDIT anytime I change something the FIRST POST.

Server
    Vanilla IP: 173.199.72.23:21025 ( No Password - No Mod's )

MANUAL RESTARTERS:
    -Jardi-Gol (me);
    -Hargolas;
    -BlakJak70;
    -Hal;
    -NicolPT;
    -Bayani;
    -Makazi.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2015
    trunksmib and eckskim like this.
  2. djmod101

djmod101 Space Spelunker

ADD ME TO STEAM :)
    Djmod101

Jardi-Gol likes this.
  3. TigerBlitz

TigerBlitz Big Damn Hero

4. Jardi-Gol

Jardi-Gol Big Damn Hero

Hello guys !
    For the time we’re in countdown to the FINAL VERSION of this fantastic game, some ideas were discussed in a way to have a fresh and NEW UNIVERSE at V.1.0.

It was decided that, after the update comes out, it will be made a backup of the entire server wich the files not older than A WEEK will be splitted from the backup. Than, we’ll ERASE THE UNIVERSE, check files not older than a week and UPLOAD THE ONES WITH BIG DATA.

In case of some players have planets of their own and couldn’t connect to the server in this week, just let me know in PRIVATE MESSAGE the coords of the planet to upload to the server again.

So, the purpose is to START IN A NEW UNIVERSE were we won’t delete files anymore, add slots while the players are growing, make the server a FREE UNIVERSE of gameplay without loosing anything.

OK, now that you all are warned, stay alert !
    Have a nice play !

Last edited: Nov 14, 2014
  5. trunksmib

trunksmib Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Hello everyone HargolasX here ;)
    So I've started a project on the vanilla server to help newbies progress the game and for veterans to come and help with this planet management and with donations for the newbies!

Here is a photo with the work so far...hope to see you all there ;)

Coord:
    Alpha Sector x 82, y 68 - Alpha 21 LMi 305 V - it's the central planet
    Forest Lvl 1

Cheers and good space exploration!

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 24, 2014
    Jardi-Gol likes this.
  6. trunksmib

trunksmib Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Hello Starbounders, HargolasX here with another freaking awesome build...this time from Kirito and Gamma2002 :DD

Location is a secret, but they will eventually build something in the Bazaar Planet too!
    :up:

[​IMG]

Come everyone...let us build this Universe together :up:

Jardi-Gol likes this.
  7. Jardi-Gol

Jardi-Gol Big Damn Hero

Hello guys.
    Slot updated from 12 to 15, since we seek full server this week.
    Thank You.

8. Jardi-Gol

Jardi-Gol Big Damn Hero

Hello guys.
    News, news, news... The version 1.0 have no data determined but, instead, we know now that will come a stable update with the new stuff, more or less at January. A lot of good and fantastic stuff...

So, at this stable update, we'll do the same that we said for the FINAL VERSION to test the stability of the server, cleaning the universe and let the BIG DATA PLANETS be alive with recent date.

Have a good game :D

9. Jardi-Gol

Jardi-Gol Big Damn Hero

OK guys.
    There's comming the BIGGEST and STABLE UPDATE that we're waitting since the final version last year...TODAY. OK, now we can start from the begining, with all the new stuff :)

CHANGES:
    - In order to play and test this awesome update, I'm doing a FINAL BACKUP before the patch in a way that, later, players that want his planets again on server we can upload again;
    - For now, the MODDED SERVER will be shutted down in a way to wait to see if all addons will work or not with this new version (I guess not, as experienced before). They will need to update the addons in a way to work. I think that's no reason to continue pay (for now) to have this second server working.
    - The MAIN SERVER (VANILLA) will be updated in slots as soon the players start to play there as official place. Checking Gametracker, as soon we see that the server is allways full, more slots will be fast added in a way to grow our universe;
    - The backups will continue, as we did before.

So, be prepared :)

10. Jardi-Gol

Jardi-Gol Big Damn Hero

SERVER ON. Let's play :)

11. Jardi-Gol

Jardi-Gol Big Damn Hero

Hello. One problem this update brings is that we don't have RANDOM SPAWNS for the players at Multiplayer. What problems cause? No trees after a lot of players trying to do the quests. Other problem after the trees? The mission to plant wheat...where she is? Without plants we don't have resources. They really need to fix that.

To solve this problem, until this could be fixed, the ENTIRE SPAWN SOLAR SYSTEM will be erased randomly. Entire because you can travel without fuel in this solar system, so, will be out of resources too. This will allways help the starters to have resources.

So, if you wanna settle down in a planet to be you're home, go faster to another Solar System, and then start you're Role Play game :)

Have a Good Game.

12. Jardi-Gol

Jardi-Gol Big Damn Hero

Hello people. I hope everything's OK with all your playing :)
    The last update fixed some problems with autentifications at the server and added new features like, log in to the server in a way to control the use of the server with "Nice and Good people" instead of a lot of players where some only like to destroy everything.
    And here is the question: what about add users to the server instead of open slot available? Who wants to come play need to ask for a Username in private, then we create the user and then, he can play?
    I think that could be a better idea, if developers don't fix the random spawns.
    Please, send me your answer in private message :)
    Thanks

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.