Upcoming Stable Build Question

Discussion in 'Starbound FAQs, Q&A, and General Help' started by Kreesigh, Oct 30, 2014.

1. Kreesigh

Kreesigh Seal Broken

Hello space peoples.

I've been onboard with Starbound since, well a long time now.

Love the game and excited to see what is next.

Like maybe a few other people, I'm ready for the new stable build, and had two questions.

Questiono 1).

In the 'Finishing Up Starbound 1.0' post, Tiyuri stated that they are "going to be releasing a stable update once the tech tree can be progressed through from start to finish, after that we’re going to be focusing on finishing up this todo list for 1.0."

He says that the diagrams of the tech tree posted "can be compared with the nightly builds to track progress to completion."

I don't play the nightlies, I don't want to see or spoil what is out there until the new build hits.

Can anyone that does play the nighlies right now let me know about where they are with the new tech tree? How far they have progressed in comparison to the posted diagram?

Question 2).

Maybe I am not understanding correctly here, but he also mentions that after the tech tree is done, they will be working on finishing up the todo list for 1.0, which they are aiming for this year. Does this mean they are planning to have the stable out by the end of the year? or both a stable and the 1.0 by the end of the year? (an answer to the first question might shed some flashlightish light on the second question.

I heard they are taking out the ability to surf the sand blocks for uber many ores. Man, I was skilled at that....

Still, excited about what is hopefully soon to come!

Thanks spacedudes/dudettes/robotpeople/plantfolk and others.

2. The | Suit

The | Suit Agent S. Forum Moderator

1: I tried reading those diagrams.They would make you go blind. At least the ones I saw.
    If you want to follow nightly build features you can read them here http://starbounder.org/Version_History/Nightly

2: The next Stable release in not 1.0 Next stable theoretically should be coming in November \ December time

Jonesy likes this.
  3. Bakubakuba

Bakubakuba Subatomic Cosmonaut

@xxswatelitexx is that "November/December" date for next stable version just your estimation or is it somewhat confirmed by the developers?
    I ask because I'm waiting for the update and knowing the semioficial ETA would be a help in that wait.

4. The | Suit

There was a tweet a while back - saying stable update soon.
    But it would seem they might have deleted that tweet.

Also as a correction from my previous post - it would seem the tech diagram mention is this
    http://www.chucklefish.org/images/TechDiagram.png
    http://blog.chucklefish.org/?p=91

The one I was referring to a much older game design document.

By going by that document - there is still a while to go.

Bakubakuba likes this.
  5. yclatious

yclatious Guest

Nope, that tweet is still there, with coments and all that stuff.

Whydya think it vanished?

6. The | Suit

strange - i used twitter advanced search and got no hits - you have the link to the tweet? I am curious why the twitter search didn't find it

7. Savi

Savi Aquatic Astronaut

I can't copy the link :(

Twitter > @StarboundGame

14 October
    "And yes yes, before you ask— a stable update is coming!"

;)

8. The | Suit

No it wasn't one of those either.

The post was something like - Next stable coming out soon - and 1.0 coming out December or early next year
    Also a link to that tweet you mentioned above is this
    https://twitter.com/StarboundGame/status/522132426894880769

Simply right click on the date and choose copy link - to get the tweet link.

Savi likes this.
  9. yclatious

yclatious Guest

Just check out its twitter, the tweet is there, bright as day, coments and all about everyone who wants it

Edit:Ninjad, damit, though now im curious about why they would give a estimate anwyay, it seems... strange, seeing their past, huh?

10. Garatgh Deloi

Garatgh Deloi Master Astronaut

(Cant help too notice the lack of "Soon" or any timeframe whatsoever in that qoute)

11. enemarius86

enemarius86 Cosmic Narwhal

Yup, as always... no significant progress... I think that the next stable update will be ready in may/june next year.
    And Chucklefish is already developing another game... wonder when that will be released???? 2020????