1. Thanks for visiting! These forums are for the original Risk of Rain, if you're interested in discussing the newly released Risk of Rain 2 head over to that game's steam discussion forum
    Dismiss Notice

Bug reports for Risk of Rain 1.2.0

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Stovepipes, Oct 22, 2014.

1. Defconian_Warlord

Defconian_Warlord Void-Bound Voyager

I don't know if these are known already, but I gound one of those 3-item thingies where you can choose. One of the items was in a wall
    2014-10-24_00001.jpg
    The Great Wisp (The purple thing) spawned a wisp in a wall
    2014-10-24_00002.jpg
    And I obtained the Snow Golem Monster log, but it unlocked the monster log for the Rock Golem.

• CantWontDontStop

CantWontDontStop Master Chief

The amethyst appears to unlock with the Loader's unlock criteria instead of its own.

Also, I just fell through the floor in Desolate Forest for no good reason, while navigating normally.

Chucklefish, what are you doing

• Wednesday

Wednesday Void-Bound Voyager

IP is invisible, and friend's game freezes when trying to join. rips.png

• ShadowlessWanderer

ShadowlessWanderer Pangalactic Porcupine

Chucklefish DOES NOT make this game. Chucklefish DOES NOT MAKE THIS GAME. CHUCKLEFISH DOES NOT MAKE THIS GAME

Seriously.

Christovski and Treadlight like this.
          • ReijiGazpacho

ReijiGazpacho Big Damn Hero

You're not the only one here. Even after a fresh reinstall:
            [​IMG]
            One of my friends has this same issue trying to host. It will successfully host somehow, but as there is no IP to connect to, multiplayer may be entirely impossible.
            What's really strange is that multiplayer was working just fine yesterday.

• Omen267901

Omen267901 Subatomic Cosmonaut

Can confirm this too.

Mianso likes this.
              • cookies4you

cookies4you Lucky Number 13

Found a gamepad bug.
                If you start a single-player game using a gamepad, you die, and you exit to the main menu using the gamepad, clicking to start a single-player game with a gamepad will instantly start it with the same settings you used from the last time you started.
                Basically, it skips the entire character select process.

BroughtMyUmbrella likes this.
                • Wwlink55

Wwlink55 Void-Bound Voyager

Here's a few more

-Being unable to change the zoom setting in the options menu, which is perpetually stuck to 1x. This zoom strains my eyes and gives me a headache.

-Enemies seem to spawn on you CONSTANTLY. If you play glass, this is extremely irritating because you are suddenly 1-shot by something you couldn't dodge. This also makes dealing with children and wisps really irritating as well.

Last edited: Oct 25, 2014
                  • Lactose_

Lactose_ Space Hobo

I found an additional one regarding the spite artifact. When getting the artifact and falling off the map, strafing completely to the left results in the teleportation. Normal however you are teleported off the map in what seems to be the top left corner.
                    EDIT: for clarification this is when getting the actual artifact on the field of sprites.

BroughtMyUmbrella likes this.
                    • BroughtMyUmbrella

BroughtMyUmbrella Void-Bound Voyager

A handful of issues:

On a Windows machine, running 8.1, 64 bit.

1. If I start the game with V-Sync off (if I set it previously), the screen will be all jagged, the image scattered randomly, kind of like old NES cartridges gone glitchy. If I enable V-Sync, this stops. Issue does not crop up again unless I disable V-Sync and restart the game or reboot.

2. In sky meadow-field of sprites, there's that piece of ground that you can blow up to get access to an artifact. I lucked out that I grabbed it before the update, during a previous playthrough. When I tried to get it this time (even though I already had it), after I get to the altar and obtain the artifact, you basically have to dive off the edge and respawn (it's what I did prior to the update). I tried to do this twice, both with Huntress. Both times, I respawned above the visible area of the screen, at the top of the map (upper left), and was unable to do anything but quit.

3. In sky meadow-field of sprites, using huntress, after killing the boss (a Magma Worm), I had the last remaining enemy of a level spawn or get stuck above the screen, in the top right area, and I wasn't able to kill him to teleport out. I had to quit to the main menu.

4. Pressing D pad in Xbox 360 controller makes your character walk in a direction other than that which you pressed. E.g., I press left, acrid walks right. Pressing right on the D pad did not have the opposite effect.

Awesome game! Keep up the great work, and thanks for working on the bugs!

• WandererintheDark

WandererintheDark Space Hobo

I can only climb ropes upward on my 360 controller analog stick, down doesn't work but it does work for the mouse controls so it isn't the controller itself. If I hold jump anywhere near a rope, then one of 2 things will happen: if I'm holding up to go up, my character will get off center from the rope and not move, if I only hold jump, my character will move down the rope. As you could imagine, it makes it quite difficult to get off ropes at the top :p Sorry if someone else posted this, seemed like this exact issue wasn't on the post yet.

• Olphus

Olphus Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I'm unsure if the gods of probability have forsaken me or if the 56 Leaf Clover is bugged, No matter how high I stack the item, i see no chests, and i usually run glass, command, origin, kin and honor.
                          So far i've been getting into the 5 stacks because the new characters are awkward.

• MrStrangerPL

MrStrangerPL Pangalactic Porcupine

I have one bug. This damn game doesn't wanna open at all. I tried everything. Is the rumour about game no longer been able to play on XP a thing?

• TheExodus59

TheExodus59 Orbital Explorer

Seeing plenty of people with gamepad issues, not sure if this was stated. The game is no longer recognizing my second gamepad. I can play single player with one gamepad (xbox 360 controller) just fine, but when I go to do local co-op, it is not letting me use another controller. Great Game, Keep up the fantastic work!

• needsomemiracle

needsomemiracle Scruffy Nerf-Herder

- Your class icon on the game over screen can still be cut off sometimes (only legs are visible) - seen on Huntress.
                                - Three-option-shops still collapse on the same spot in tight spaces.

2014-10-25_00003.jpg

• tomatoetomatoe

tomatoetomatoe Space Hobo

-Commando Archievement : Doge 7 lethal attacks doesn't work.
                                  I dodged like 15 attacks from Golems when < 30 Hp in one run and about 60 in total by now, but still haven't unlocked the Soldiers Syringe.
                                  -There are a few places in Ancient Valley with invisble holes in the walls that lead you through walls and make you get stuck if you don't have enough jetpacks to jump out again.

Edit: not Ancient Valley, i meant Frozen Tundra
                                  Edit2: Commando Achievement works fine (after recent patch?), probably wasn't low hp enough

Last edited: Oct 28, 2014
                                  • Linio

Linio Big Damn Hero

Achievements don't unlock anymore either.
                                    So many issues with this update, rarely saw something so botched. :down:

• Omen267901

Omen267901 Subatomic Cosmonaut

I have lost some unlocks that I got, and redoing the task doesn't re-unlock them. I also have some of the new items unlocked even though I haven't found them yet.

I think this may be the buggiest patch for this game yet. We need a 1.2.1 or something.

• FranKer

FranKer Void-Bound Voyager

Killing magma worm out of the screen will not count his dead not allowing you to complete the level

[​IMG]

• mageblood

mageblood Big Damn Hero

That seems more like an enemy spawned in the top left corner of the game and got stuck. The magma worm is made of 20 segments and each one is counted as an enemy, making the enemy counter go up by 20. You have 1 remaining and it is pointing to the top left corner. Still worth a look either way when the devs do bug fixing, in case, for whatever reason, the magma worm glitched out and left a single segment that did nothing. The boss health bar is just a thing that has been around, once in a rare while it doesn't disappear with the boss's death until you go to the next level, I have had this happen to me and it does not hurt the game. But, this update has a ton of problems, this could be new.