1. When making a thread, please tag your thread accordingly using the menu to the left of the textfield where you name your thread where applicable. Server Advertisements and Mod Releases should be contained to their respective subforums.

Server Help Connecting to servers

Discussion in 'Multiplayer' started by Darkertime, Oct 23, 2014.

1. Darkertime

Darkertime Void-Bound Voyager

I just wanted to know if i was the only one who couldn't connect to people with custom ips like "example.com".
    Because it only seems i can connect to normal ips like "89.99.88.99" Is there a way to fix this?

2. Kr3m1in

Kr3m1in Space Hobo

Starbound, supports domain addresses in place of IPs. Tell the server host to fix his DNS stuff.

3. Dunto

Dunto Guest

If they're the only one who can't connect to the server, then it's a local issue, not a server or domain issue. I would suggest that you Google how to fix DNS errors on your local machine; this can get fairly in-depth depending on the underlying issue and could take quite a bit of back-and-forth on the forums to narrow down the underlying problem with your machine or local network.

4. Darkertime

Darkertime Void-Bound Voyager

Well i've tried some stuff now. I changed the dns on my pc and on my router then i flushed the dns however nothing is working yet.[DOUBLEPOST=1414237731][/DOUBLEPOST]
    I actually fixed it however it is quite annoying because i had to find out where the ip was going later i found the website and i used cmd to ping it then took the ip address and typed it in and it worked.

Last edited: Oct 25, 2014