No backers option yet?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by onepoint, Oct 24, 2014.

1. onepoint

onepoint Master Chief

I was hoping that we there was an option for us to back up this project to maybe help the developers?probably make the development go faster? hopefully like a paypal option or kickstarter. Definitely with paypal, coz most of us can't use amazonpayment xD. I'm pretty sure a lot of us are very much excited of this game.Maybe we could help. ^_^

• destiny82

destiny82 Void-Bound Voyager

CA is the only person developing the game and wants to keep it that way as far as we know. He does not want anyone donating as he wants to deliver a finished game with out having the presure of feeling rushed by backers. Even though not everyone would pressure him, if you look at games like miscreated you will see people are consistently pestering for their game after backing. So we just have to wait for now :)

• AstralGhost

AstralGhost Pangalactic Porcupine

Chucklefish, the people behind Starbound, are funding this game and the developer.
        As far as anyone else is aware this game doesn't need any additional funding. Backers are not necessary. We can support the game by buying it when it comes out. :)

• onepoint

onepoint Master Chief

Oh, I see. I thought they'd do the same like their published game Hearth Forth,Alicia. ^_^ But Thanks!what about pre-ordering ( w/ exclusive content) you guys think that would happen? :D

Last edited: Oct 25, 2014
          • Hollow

Hollow Phantasmal Quasar

They're not actually funding him at all to my knowledge, only providing him website support and PR tools.

• oath2order

oath2order Parsec Taste Tester

Pre sure backer stuff ain't happenin'

• DatYandereGirl

DatYandereGirl Big Damn Hero

Backer stuff won't happen at all, best wait til it comes out on Steam or something.

• KyeTheShy

KyeTheShy Subatomic Cosmonaut

If I was to ever make a game, I would never allow a backing system. It's too much pressure and instead of wanting to take your time making a polished game, you end up releasing it in parts.

I'd rather see Stardew Valley released 100% than 20%, then wait 2 years with small updates added.

*If CA reads this, Take your sweet time with this title, I want to enjoy everything in one go and not in small parts*

Last edited: Nov 24, 2014
                    Phlox likes this.