1. Thanks for visiting! These forums are for the original Risk of Rain, if you're interested in discussing the newly released Risk of Rain 2 head over to that game's steam discussion forum
    Dismiss Notice

Bug reports for Risk of Rain 1.2.0

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Stovepipes, Oct 22, 2014.

1. Max0596

Max0596 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Keyboard(native, on laptop)no longer works, tried to bind it to different keys, no luck. But the Esc. key works to open the menu. So there's that. Same issues with the main menu as others, text boxes are weirdly bigger and the text is off-center. Help!

Last edited: Oct 22, 2014
      Elvang likes this.
    • Elvang

Elvang Big Damn Hero

Gamepad (Logitech Dual Action) and keyboard (Logitech G15) no longer work or aren't detected (unable to do anything outside of ESC and mouse menu navigation). Getting the game to start often requires multiple launches before it works. Additionally, the previous gamepad bindings appear to have been lost.

Can confirm this behavior. Nothing I did would let me see past the frozen RoR screen, had to restart to resolve.

• pingpong2012

pingpong2012 Void-Bound Voyager

How many people have backed-up/deleted their saves and preferences? The joysticks errors could be due to a misalignment across versions, log errors could be due to improperly loading/saving records, tons of stuff.[DOUBLEPOST=1414012331][/DOUBLEPOST]Oh, one of the biggest that nobody else seems to mention: SHOOTING EFFECTS ARE GARBAGE/WRONG! Immediately if I go to shoot an enemy, the bullet stops on the edge of the sprite. Which is larger than them. Could've sworn in the previous Risk of Rain that bullets actually hit their target, not the boundary of a transparent sprite many pixels away.

of Draw Event
        for object oEfHeal2:

Trying to use non-existing surface.
        ############################################################################################

Is there a way we could use the old scaling AND window method? This new method crashes stuff on resize and can't be put at the same screen size/ratio. I used to run 1920x1080 on my 2560x1440 screen, which was centered, no scaling, and now I literally can't just have my game at 1920x1080 centered with black bars.

Can anyone find where the settings are even stored now? There's no ini I could find which had my gamepad assignments, resolution, etc.

• Max0596

Max0596 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

For those of you with keyboards not working, delete Prefs.ini, worked for me, I hope it works for you!

• DatNob

DatNob Big Damn Hero

Encountering some errors during startup, which I never got before this update.

C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\Risk of Rain\memory(223,4): error X5200: (Third source param) Invalid register number: 38. Max allowed for this type is 31.

############################################################################################
            No idea what to do.

• Elvang

Elvang Big Damn Hero

I tried deleting Prefs.ini. Gamepad still doesn't work, keyboard started working. Restored old Prefs.ini, apparently keyboard is disabled while Gamepad Support: Yes. So if your keyboard isn't working, make sure the gamepad support is off before trying to delete the ini.

• Plosmephere

Plosmephere Orbital Explorer

Game doesn't even launch for me (multiple attempts). When I try to launch the .exe from directory, it gives me "The procedure point InitOnceExecuteOnce could not be located in the dynamic link library KERNEL32.dll."

• shadabejin

shadabejin Void-Bound Voyager

Not sure if it a bug or simply a case of imbalance but the new Chef character with ancient scepter can do ludicrous damage to any type of magma worm. At the earliest levels in Monsoon, it was instant-killing. Simply get a scepter and double-tap your first [z] ability, boom. Also the cleavers appear to do excessive damage if you can an enemy at their max boomerang range. There were some larger enemies that I was hitting 10+ times with one swing.

• Ressa

Ressa Space Hobo

Game crashes, won't load. I tried removing local content and reinstalling but same error

• Omen267901

Omen267901 Subatomic Cosmonaut

Sometimes you just become completely unable to jump. Was using a 360 controller. On temple, was at the top, could see the effect from rusty jetpack showing I was jumping, but couldn't actually jump. Got me killed.

• pingpong2012

pingpong2012 Void-Bound Voyager

The same input changes that killed the deadzone changed the way jumps are being read. Jumping is actually terrible when it's not done repeatedly. Could the default behavior for jumping be switched to how the PS3 controllers "broke" jumping? The behavior was:

Hold jump to repeatedly jump
                        If you held jump with a jetpack you flew at the end of the jump, and could abort by releasing jump

The "correct"/current jump behavior now makes the game feel, well, bad. It's inevitably going to be uselessly harder, especially with there being a delay in jumps being read after landing, whereas when it was "buggy" before you could jump-jump-jump

Forgot on controller: Why is start forcibly mapped to start damnit?? I used to use it to open crates and activate things, where I had select be the menu

• JJRcop

JJRcop Phantasmal Quasar

I can confirm that he was hosting successfully before I logged on. They were even able to select characters and it showed up on my screen. Very unfortunate, I suggest not playing the game in full screen for the time being, it only becomes an issue there.

• Digi7

Digi7 Space Hobo

Hey there, loving the new update. I found a little something:

~ Falling off the bottom of the map, instead of killing you or something, teleports you near to the top left corner (0,0?).

Best of luck with the bug stomping.

Daimera likes this.
                            • MahBucket

MahBucket Cosmic Narwhal

If you have your mouse over an ability to show stats while you're teleporting to the next level the text stays there and never goes away.

This is a minor thing that I noticed, but you can unlock the Chef without the Bitter Root if you unlock bitter root in the same run.

• mageblood

mageblood Big Damn Hero

It has never done that before with Sprouting Egg for me. I attack, it is still active. I get attacked, it deactivates until I haven't taken damage for its time period. If that itself is a bug, then it was never fixed even in this version. And I don't have to be at a chest or container of any kind, just pressing anything while walking around causes the Red Whip to deactivate.

Anyway, I have found some sort of temporary fix for the resolution bugs. Switching from fullscreen to windowed allowed me to change resolution, not that I needed to but it confirmed it could be changed, just in a 'round-n-about' way. Changing to fullscreen again seems to lock the resolution though.

Another tiny bug I found is the Mercenary's Eviscerate skill description at the single player character select. The text is one line too high and the skill name is overlapping it.

• TacoMartyr

TacoMartyr Void-Bound Voyager

Everything seems to be running fine for me except for one problem. I started a game and there were invisible walls like everywhere, preventing me from finding the portal so i couldn't go to the next level. I haven't seen anyone else report this problem, but it's the only thing wrng for me so far

• vegeto079

vegeto079 Space Hobo

Mercenary's special attack (Massacre) can get 'stuck' when you have Ancient Scepter (upgrade final skill), major game breaking bug as it won't get un-stuck unless a monster happens to be nearby, which ends it after attacking them for some reason.

I used the skill when nothing was around (on accident) and now I'm stuck, can't move. I can jump for some reason. Can't continue: only a couple mobs left and they're far off-screen. Seems like maybe it can't tell the mobs are too far away (bad calculation?) to attack, so waits indefinitely in mid-attack invincibility mode. I can't die, I can't attack anything close, I had to quit.

I am running the game across 3 monitors fullscreen using AMD Eyefinity if that makes a difference. Maybe that messes up the distance calculations? iunno.

edit: Someone with a normal res just confirmed this happening to them too.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2014
                                    • shadabejin

shadabejin Void-Bound Voyager

-(Class-breaking bug) Mercenary's blinding assault gets "stuck" on jellyfish and sometimes other enemies, where instead of dashing through you hit them. On jellyfish this basically means you are garaunteed to take damage.

-(Annoying bug, immersion breaking) On the frigid level in the bottom left of the map instance where Glass spawns there is an invisible ledge and a hole in the ground that monsters can't see (watched droves of them dive into the hole)

-(pixel issue, not "bug) When playing Chef, exp and gold at end of level "misses" him and visually is collecting to the bottom right of his pixel.

-(Bug) Chef's hit box is too small. You can stand ontop of clapping crabs/golems and just slightly to once side and get missed.

-(Balance) Chef hits magma worms far too many times....

-(Pixel) While playing chef (haven't tested other characters yet) many of the "vines" in the fungal garden and the moonlit area are able to be climbed much lower than the art indicates. Allowing you to hang in "mid air" beneath the vines.

-(Game breaking) On the moonlight level on the very far right side if a light Child falls off the right side and hits the jumper pad he will fly to the very top of the screen then very very slowly (as if using 2-3x jetpack) fall down, to repeat this process infinitely. If non-elites are knocked off, they will stop, but elites being stuck in this loop can extend a level's play time considerably.

• mageblood

mageblood Big Damn Hero

Larger enemies like Sand Crabs, Greater Wisps, and Whorls can no longer walk over 1 block gaps making them significantly less threatening and the game easier.

Enemies that could jump up 1 block ledges seem to now have trouble doing so, running into the wall repeatedly trying to find out how to get up.

Most enemies have become rather... Dumb, to say the least. Often standing in place, idly, for seconds and taking whatever you throw at them.

• l0Peace0l

l0Peace0l Space Spelunker

the Loader's basic attack string doesn't work just by holding down the button, only the 2nd and 3rd attack in the sequence can be held down, you have to press repeatedly to chain 1 and 2.