1. Note: Nightly builds are not officially supported and things that appear broken might actually just be broken with no way of fixing it, but community members may still be willing to assist you with common problems.

Resolved Copper pickaxe gets used up almost instantly

Discussion in 'Nightly Builds Support' started by AzKat, Sep 19, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nyxar

Nyxar Orbital Explorer

reading this for the past hour. and the M,M is able to mine at least iron and gold. i haven't tested the other ores yet but its looking to me like its a bug the devs missed?

2. Shakar

Shakar Phantasmal Quasar

The MM is aimed to being one of the best, if not the best when fully upgraded, mining tools in the game. From what I've seen, it has the highest harvesting level in the game making it able to mine anything. I believe this is intended. Just stating from what I've read on some of the blogs, but pickaxes are meant to mostly be a temporary upgrade from the MM depending on it's upgrade level.

3. Dunto

Dunto Guest

The pickaxes still seem to exhibit this behavior in the latest Nightly build, though with the way the new mining system is going I'd suggest just getting used to using your matter manipulator as your primary tool anyways.

4. It was explicitly stated by the Devs that the old tools at this point are going to take a sideline to using the MM. Enough people pushed the "but the MM is space aged tech, why are we using stone age tools if we have it".

5. byrongros

byrongros Void-Bound Voyager

why have the stone age tools then?

6. Iris Blanche

Iris Blanche Pudding Paradox Forum Moderator

For immersion? ;) The MM should be bound to some battery energy or something like this ^^

7. byrongros

byrongros Void-Bound Voyager

it's bound to the ship i think :)

8. Dunto

Dunto Guest

"description" : "This tool won't last forever, but I'll be able to dig pretty fast with it."

Seems to me this is intended behavior. Closing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.