1. When making a thread, please tag your thread accordingly using the menu to the left of the textfield where you name your thread where applicable. Server Advertisements and Mod Releases should be contained to their respective subforums.

Furry Friendly Starbound Server (Modpack Updated 4/7/2015, Races, Music, Improvements and more!)

Discussion in 'Public Servers' started by Snowpup, Dec 29, 2013.

1. fgiordano

fgiordano Space Spelunker

Im having an issue that I got in the server fine, but when i registered, and then closed the game to move the mod files to the correct place, and when I try to get back in the server, it won't let me cause it says my player's name is already taken. Any advice?

2. Blastaway

Blastaway Cosmic Narwhal

Did you try logging in with the fields presented to you alongside the server's IP?

3. Attloyden

Attloyden Void-Bound Voyager

Seriously why can't we move back to the old server. x.x Spawn there is still intact and it refuses to go down even when unplugged so... If only this one could be as reliable. xD

4. ACatCalledWolf

ACatCalledWolf Aquatic Astronaut

Lost a world to the protection/bookmark bug. Just reporting.

EDIT: And all the backups I could download are empty.

5. Attloyden

Also if it helps it seems like sleeping in a bed does not work for health right now.

6. fafeman

fafeman Pangalactic Porcupine

"MRHEALERDEALER" is being a griefing douche.

7. Kenkaruto

Kenkaruto Void-Bound Voyager

You know you can stop griefing by using the /protect command, right?

8. fafeman

fafeman Pangalactic Porcupine

It's not my planet that was griefed, and the owner believes that the /protect command is causing worlds to become corrupt when too many people are on it all the time, and the specific world regulars about 7-8 people at once. Even so, the specific weapon he used would have bypassed protections anyways, hence why I reported him instead of just continuously killed him like I normally do to griefers.

9. Snowpup

Snowpup Giant Laser Beams

Money. That server should be offline by now. If you would like to pay for our old hardware by all means, Linux is by far more stable (even if the memory leak exists). In any case please stop asking; unless we can afford it it won't happen.

No weapon should work for that. However the protect command is not to be the cause. I bet all (or most) of these planets were in Alpha? Alpha planets get wiped occasionally, parent Starbound server does that (not our wrapper) and there's no way to change it. It's silly and annoying.

World corruptions would also not be caused by our protections system; the protection system makes no changes to the world itself, just the allowance of certain packets to be sent or received on a permissable database. Worlds just... Become corrupt. It's an issue every server has and it is very, very annoying. All I can recommend is making regular backups through our plugin.

About the weird beaming issue and all that... I really have no clue on that. We've been trying and still are trying to track the cause of that.

10. Attloyden

Also has anyone else had an issue opening the drill table? I even touch it my game crashes instantly.

11. Henry Morrison

Henry Morrison Void-Bound Voyager

I have also crashed after touching the drill upgrade station.

Out of that topic, some of the corrupted planets have been in sectors above Alpha, and we should remember it's still beta Starbound, we can just hope some of those issues are repaired in the next version.

Last edited: Oct 28, 2014
  12. Seburo

Seburo Subatomic Cosmonaut

Yeah I had this happen to me as well, I thought my game was bugged or something. xD

13. Kenkaruto

Y'know. The ability to use the /protect and /bookmark command would be -real- nice.

*I have no idea if anybody else is unable to use those commands. But I sure as hell aren't able to.*

14. Snowpup

I assume you are registered?

15. Altruisa

Altruisa Void-Bound Voyager

I get a timeout when using star.furrybound.com or furrybound.com, but I could use the old numerical IP fine (which I awkwardly lost when writing the new IP in). Any ideas?

16. Kenkaruto

Yes, I'm registered.

17. Snowpup

That old IP is our old hardware that somehow is still online but shouldn't be. There were some LUA errors in the parent server that were preventing people logging in; it has been reset and all should be fine now.

That also was a problem that was occurring due to a bug we're still trying to pinpoint. The restart fixed it so try again when you can. ^^

18. Jadai

Jadai Void-Bound Voyager

Cant join

19. Attloyden

me either.

20. ssswatsss

ssswatsss Void-Bound Voyager

can't connect.