September 30th - Make it work!

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by Armagon, Sep 30, 2014.

1. M_Sipher

M_Sipher Oxygen Tank

Not sure at the moment, to be honest. They've been vague on the specifics of progression. Questing is one option, they've shown a flowchart that hints at just BUYING progression items...

2. AstralGhost

AstralGhost Pangalactic Porcupine

I don't know why but when I read that you can actually 'drink' now I instantly thought of a player drinking a 'jar of rainbows' and then promptly having the effect of puking rainbows.

I'm not sure why I felt the need to post this, either.

... It is a good update.

BloodyFingers and Kawa like this.
  3. Jabberwok

Jabberwok Phantasmal Quasar

yessss, I can finally actually use those consumable weapons. This is awesome. Also really like the liquid bottling thing. Can I bottle magma, though? And then drink it?

4. thunderskull833

thunderskull833 Orbital Explorer

ok so release date please for the novakids

5. Octember Eleventeenth, nineteen-ninety never.

6. Maplefall

Maplefall Big Damn Hero

I will miss eating the glass/cup of the drink.

7. BloodyFingers

BloodyFingers The End of Time

I remember that. I mostly remember the shitstorm around buying your way through the game progression. I'd say "give a good enough context and I wouldn't mind".

But it only talks about purchasing said items. The means to acquire said funds so far (that I know of) are questing (may not need to purchase it at all), farming (as in growing crops and selling them) and real estate.

Sadly, nothing about regaling your tales of adventure to strangers over a nice tankard of ale brewed with fresh wheat from our personnal crop in Alpha Sidonis Tau 3301...

8. X3meblue

X3meblue Master Chief

If we are able to drink now, then we should be able to pee, too...and the trees grow faster :nod:

9. KazeSkyfox

KazeSkyfox Scruffy Nerf-Herder

My friends and I were amused by the tar furniture and weapons since we always ended up with a lot of useless junk in our inventories and it's nice to be able to use it for something.

It would be great if sand had some use besides fine sand being turned into glass. If nothing else, a way to process sand into usable fine sand or have some use for common dirt blocks besides pillaring to pirate airships or laying foundation for a giant farm would be great.

There are a lot of blocks you cannot craft; you need to find things like soft bricks in the world which, iven bricks are inherently a man-made structure, I think is weird that we cannot craft them and have to dismantle some poor tiny sod's village to obtain them. Giving crafting recipes to items like this would give me a reason to not discard 8 stacks of dirt blocks.

Albussystems likes this.
  10. CaptThad

CaptThad Pangalactic Porcupine

Are we going to get a distillery as a crafting station? I have plenty of water, sugarcane and wooden barrels. I want to live my dream of being a Space Rum trader.

The fact that we can sell anything at the moment doesn't matter, I'm sure I can find other uses.

GonzoQ likes this.
  11. janusforbeare

janusforbeare Phantasmal Quasar

Bonus points for making one that looks like a bathtub, so I can fulfill my dream of being a Space Redneck.

[​IMG]

12. BloodyFingers

BloodyFingers The End of Time

Hey, if you're selling then my space tavern is buying...

13. Jarod

Jarod Cosmic Narwhal

You guys should really add eating bandaids (bandages) again. It was actually quite iconic

14. JoeBlk

JoeBlk Star Wrangler

15. thunderskull833

thunderskull833 Orbital Explorer

YEAH we dont care about his boring updates i mean its nice but at least give us a release date or a prediction good comment tracymae i waited ever since i played starbound to say this

tracymae likes this.
  16. Tamorr

Tamorr Supernova

What... I can't eat my whiskey before it eats me? awe what a shame, guess I'll have to now drink it now. :D

Seriously though it is nice to here that all the posts of glimpses are for the variety. I always love variety to build with. Hopefully though some that don't have recipes for will be easy enough to create and not be also tied to the 3D-printer as well. would be nice to be able to make separate recipes for them, as in you get one, but will only unlock that specific one and not all recipes for each item.

That was something I ran into in my stable modding, unless I missed something and didn't catch the way to go about that. Either way still nice for the progress that is made. :)

17. Heartstrings

Heartstrings Giant Laser Beams

Well, to be fair, if you have to eat your whiskey, you're doing something horribly wrong.

18. Not if it's frozen.

Heartstrings and Tamorr like this.
  19. Alec5h

Alec5h Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Really happy about the craft able consumable weapons and the bottling of water to consume.

I'm curious what "cooking" the water means. Are we just purifying it? Or do we have to mix it with plants/herbs for it to have a rejuvenating effect?

20. joaorafaelrr

joaorafaelrr Subatomic Cosmonaut

I think that new crafts are a great idea. I wonder how you guys manage to create such a great game with so few people, little time and the charging of us player must make you all crazy. I wish you can feel nice and love your work and view all this charging like a trial to your own perseverance and strengh that will teach you guys to manage even greater projects.
    I wish the 3d scanner fucntion like a simple scanner too. That study the ready thing and teach me to make some objects like it. But just copy a object is not nice. I wish i can use all my studys and science to make something that will push up all my fellows friends that live in this generation and make a great artisct work. Tha's the only way that true artists feel happy to work. Even now that they seeked true talentes to make different games with not well knows other great videogame artists. I feel lost in my opinion as i wish to play the ready starbound too. And it's almost the end of 2014 now and has a year that the game have lauched. I think it''s time to the quest system being showed even while other game designer can copy your system. You all have a true community here and i can say to you that i will defend starbound as the first 2d sandbox game with quests. I like the way i have my own ship with my own opinion. And i wish that we can fight each other in the pvp too. But must be hard to create a free multiplayer system that share worlds between the player and not only in the server. Sometimes i can't host but i wish my friends continues to play even without me. Anyway
    Love you guys
    Hugs from brazil ^^