Ancient Gates - Where are They?

Discussion in 'Starbound FAQs, Q&A, and General Help' started by MadMalkavian, Aug 27, 2014.

1. MadMalkavian

MadMalkavian Scruffy Nerf-Herder

It's almost 4 AM and I've spent an hour searching so I'm going to be quick. My Ship AI is telling me to go investigate the Ancient Gate, and I'm searching throughout my system and I am not seeing it at all. Is it supposed to spawn in my system or am I supposed to repair my FTL drive before venturing off to the gate? Because I am not seeing it in my system at all. Thank you for your time.

2. Pyre

Pyre Void-Bound Voyager

It seems like gate locations are random and not guaranteed to exist in every system.
    You can enable your ship to reach other systems by using the admin command /spawnitem shipT3 (as far as i'm aware, thats the only way to accomplish this in nightly), so try looking in other systems.

3. MadMalkavian

I see. I would rather not use admin commands if at all possible because such things just feel like cheating to me. Are you saying though that the option to mine the minerals needed to repair your FTL drive are not in the nightly build yet and thus using said admin commands are my only option? Thank you for your help thus far by the way, and I apologize if I am not understanding something that should be simple to understand. I'm kind of stupid when it comes to the whole reading comprehension thing.

4. Pyre

Pyre Void-Bound Voyager

Yes. The progression system on the nightly branch is completely messed up, so your only option to enable system-to-system travel is via admin commands, sorry.

5. MadMalkavian

Well, then I will give that a shot. Thank you.

6. Rapierian

Rapierian Void-Bound Voyager

Just so I know when this is back in the game properly, should I see a quest to repair the FTL? And also, are Ancient Gates visible from the navigation screen, or do I have to explore all the other planets in the system to find them?

7. outtasync

outtasync Void-Bound Voyager

Thats why I got out of nightlies. Whats the point if the game doesnt work, and you have to use admin commands.