September 1st - WIPs

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by metadept, Sep 2, 2014.

1. Disco2

Disco2 Existential Complex

That looks....epic, awesome update!

2. Mikerlantz

Mikerlantz Scruffy Nerf-Herder

but once you get like a bubble boost tech you can clear that without even expending half your energy. Getting something like double Jump would make it pretty dang easy to just climb down a bit and jump across =\. I hope changes are being made to the Tech as well! or at least make the canyons way wider - that's pretty tiny imo. Lookin' cool though the old terrain Generation just was not diverse enough!

3. gabbo13

gabbo13 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

an idea with the background, just add a touch of background terrain layer up so it looks like there is dune, similer to when you go underground there is a wall of rock

4. ILivedinauterus

ILivedinauterus Master Chief

Looks interesting. All I can see however when I look at that picture is the amount of coal uncollected.

5. Noitca

Noitca Void-Bound Voyager

Pllllllllleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaasseeeeeeee give us an update in the stable branches, pretty please with sugar and whipped cream on top?

6. Rainbow Dash

Rainbow Dash Oxygen Tank

as a person who plays nightlys on a dayly bases
    you dont want an update
    as of now you cant even fly your ship unless you cheat

Lintton likes this.
  7. Redcorpian

Redcorpian Void-Bound Voyager

This is pretty epic, I really would like to see some worlds with EXTREME terrain. Extreme terrain, as in the kind that would take a hookshot to navigate. (did I say hookshot? I meant grappling hook.)

8. MithranArkanere

MithranArkanere Space Kumquat

Teaching a program to paint a realistic landscape.

That can't be done in a couple of days.

9. Nerhity

Nerhity Void-Bound Voyager

(sorry my english, I'm Brazilian and google translator usage)

Loved this canyons, would be nice to make a home in there ...
    Ah, I found no where to post bugs on a certain update, then I'll post it here ...
    In Nightly Update 1 Protocol 657 I found a bug ... Passive monster of my world is simply immortal! He gets the life bar empty, but still alive and attacking! T.T

10. AdenSword

AdenSword Pangalactic Porcupine

Metadept. I am so glad you joined the team.
    You sir. Are a genius.

Jonesy likes this.
  11. Lintton

Lintton Guest

Adding high altitude areas and setting up the sky to give a mountainous/canyon look sounds like a great idea. As I was making a stairway to heaven I was wondering about how much space is being used for the huge sky that is this giant void between the ground and the asteroids, and I think mountainous areas can be part of that solution.

Because really, that is a LOT of empty space, particularly for larger planets.
    (And yes, I'm aware the sky is huge IRL. The earth also has huge variations in altitude.)

Tribunus and Hatsya Souji like this.
  12. BlueSmoke

BlueSmoke Scruffy Nerf-Herder

how could you let coal in soft sand pass by?
    o my god Chuclefesh!!!

That would be amazing ^_^
    Time to be creative

13. Anoc

Anoc Orbital Explorer

I think it would be cool to draw from a few of the sci fi fantasy films like Star Wars. What if we had a city in the clouds like the one in Empire Strikes Back? On that note I think it would awesome to add some easter eggs to the game that are randomly generated. Maybe you could prompt the player to collect items in exchange for a rare weapon? Like maybe collecting statues and after you collect all the statues you exchange them for either a rare weapon or item. I've loads of ideas! I'll add something to the suggestions sub forum.

14. SivCorp

SivCorp Parsec Taste Tester

YES! Give us builders some reasons to be part of a multi-player team. I love it!

Hatsya Souji likes this.
  15. Wolfie Inu

Wolfie Inu Pangalactic Porcupine

Ohhh, oh yeah! It's September now, and someone optimistically mentioned a Stable update in August! Uhm ... I WANT A REFUND!!!!1ONE!!! ANGRY FACE

Sorry, it's just been a while since anyone said that.

16. Rainbow Dash

Rainbow Dash Oxygen Tank

no it hasnt sadly ._.

17. denafox

denafox Subatomic Cosmonaut

BlueSmoke, Pyre and Cyrax like this.
  18. amisner2k

amisner2k Aquatic Astronaut

In regards to the background problem when descending into the canyon:

You can do something similar to how Terraria handles it by swapping the background out to a unique underground/canyon image when the player's position reaches a certain depth.

19. Mr.Milkman

Mr.Milkman Space Spelunker

I think the edge of the canyon looks fine as-is. Don't most, if not all canyons have sudden steep sides?? Besides, it's more intimidating that way.

20. Zouleena

Zouleena Pangalactic Porcupine

Heh... all the more reason to build a beee-youuu-tiful bridge over it and enjoy the architectual pleasure of it.

or, just a good'ol dirt one which works but is buttugly.

Jonesy likes this.