1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Starbound Nightly Beta Findings or Interesting Things

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by phillip2001, Jun 17, 2014.

1. pop-yotheweird

pop-yotheweird Ketchup Robot

well, weren't my characters suppose to be rendered null and void? or have I been away so long.

edit:
    got it figured out. but then this happened.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 1, 2014
  2. Rainbow Dash

Rainbow Dash Oxygen Tank

gotta delete your starbound.config file

3. pop-yotheweird

pop-yotheweird Ketchup Robot

yeah, I figured it out lol.

4. ansehelm

ansehelm Subatomic Cosmonaut

It's weekend, devs gotta rest too. :(

Owl_Stalker likes this.
  5. AdelaisAer

AdelaisAer Industrial Terraformer

YOU MEAN DEVS ARE REAL PEOPLE TOO? D:

Lintton and Owl_Stalker like this.
  6. Rainbow Dash

Rainbow Dash Oxygen Tank

friday isnt a weekday x-x

7. Lazogna

Lazogna Contact!

For folks that have been playing the nightlies: How are guns/rocket launchers looking? It was incredibly hard for me to track any decent ones down when playing the stable branch.

8. FloranFighter

FloranFighter Subatomic Cosmonaut

I had no idea, I thought they were just AI's that wanted to fill the world with fun games

9. Kentoz

Kentoz Subatomic Cosmonaut

Explain Dwarf Fortress, then.

10. Rainbow Dash

Rainbow Dash Oxygen Tank

they are alot better
    the nightlys have bigger energy pools so you get alot more shots

also sword found in the wild are a ton better then ones made from ore (atlest tier1 sofar)

Lazogna likes this.
  11. ender1200

ender1200 Subatomic Cosmonaut

So I decided to try the nightly builds to see what's going on and while most of the new additions and changes are positive I have one major complaint.

Digging to the Core of the First planet in order to reactivate space Flight is a really, really bad idea. As challenges goes this is really boring especially when you only have silver pickaxe as your top digging tool (and you start with stone or copper), This long digging session that will most likely won't even involve much cave exploration monsters and such (because in many worlds, most surface caves don't go nearly deep enough and you will start mine most of your way). And worse of all, it comes before you had most of the game features revealed.
    This is a great recipe to lose players to boredom. If you want a challenge to dig into the core of a planet I'd suggest putting it later in the game when:
    a. the player have access to better digging tools, making the whole thing a lot less exhausting.
    b. The player can actually pick a world that is good for digging, maybe one with deep caves starting from the surface, or maybe a dessert world with a lot of easy to dig through sand.
    c. If the player gets bored digging, they can stop, go do something else, and come back later when they feel like continuing.

12. Rainbow Dash

Rainbow Dash Oxygen Tank

i think becouse the staring biome is a new biome intirerly they are gonna rase the corefragments up alot higher

13. ender1200

ender1200 Subatomic Cosmonaut

If that's a place holder than that's allright.

14. FloranFighter

FloranFighter Subatomic Cosmonaut

Clearly the AI has gotten better over the years...

And some have just gotten worse

15. Lintton

Lintton Guest

Its the start of rogue ai making their move. Once Flappy Bird makes it on Google glass humanity is finished.

16. MysticMalevolence

MysticMalevolence Oxygen Tank

Never will.
    Pretty sure Flappy Bird was removed from the app store by the creator. Now you have to get one of the millions of knockoff apps instead.

17. Lintton

Lintton Guest

Knockoff AI created apps you mean!!

Question about planet size. Is the number indicative of how many blocks high is the whole map, or how many blocks thick is the planet itself?

18. Lazogna

Lazogna Contact!

I think blocks thick the planet is itself...though since you can't really go through the core it's more like "how big the diameter is".

19. MysticMalevolence

MysticMalevolence Oxygen Tank

I kinda wish going through the core would flip your screen, and you could come out the other side.
    It makes no sense to be drilling fully through a planet, but then again, niether does the barrier...

Lazogna likes this.
  20. Lintton

Lintton Guest

I have found a new brand of hatred for blaststone rock... [​IMG]

Edit: fixed.

"There's nothing to see, I used to live here, you know."
    "You're gonna die here, you know. Convenient!"
    --from Return of the Jedi

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 3, 2014
    pop-yotheweird and Serenity like this.