August 29th - Kindergarten

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by metadept, Aug 29, 2014.

1. Jonesy

Jonesy Sarif's Attack Kangaroo Forum Moderator

A man can reference California Dreaming, can't he?

Thank you! Someone finally acknowledged it.

Tamorr likes this.
  2. Zliffy

Zliffy Void-Bound Voyager

Aw, that looks lovely! Can't wait for the update!

3. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

What are you talking about? There's been players in the garden biome since yesterday.

4. Zliffy

Zliffy Void-Bound Voyager

Whaat? I need to give myself an update.

5. Prop

Prop Subatomic Cosmonaut

Byootiful.

6. Fullapple1991

Fullapple1991 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Meta, I don't know if you had many of this massages, but I'm sure, that what the garden biome needs is FLOWERS! :D Lots and lots of FLOWERS!

Kawa likes this.
  7. Unclever title

Unclever title Cosmic Narwhal

Well one way to address the problem is making cheap blocks like dirt or stone get melted by proximity to lava, then you'd have even more lava making the pit worse! Wood would naturally catch fire and burn away. More durable (expensive) blocks like steel and obsidian wouldn't melt, but at that point the player needs to weigh their options? Do I want to lay all these blocks or just use my grappling hook/rope to just swing over.

I doubt any solution will force one play style over another but finding natural ways to discourage the "Place cheap blocks" solution tends to always sounds good to me.

Dembai, JennShii and Mackerel II like this.
  8. PylonBuffering

PylonBuffering Orbital Explorer

if the sun in the background moved across the sky, that would make this the best biome :eek:

Fullapple1991 likes this.
  9. Thomas25181

Thomas25181 Void-Bound Voyager

You guys should change the spawn world i don't like spawning in that same dungeon. Though i do like the sharp weapons

10. Tamorr

Tamorr Supernova

It's ok. I do like that there is a starter one, and the colors are fine. It is just not quite the type of biome I would lay vacation in. Good thing there are more out there. Think my favorite trees are those cloud trees.

I always like it when things are getting more variety, and the starter to be a bit calmer is also a good thing. :)

11. Speed Lightning

Speed Lightning Phantasmal Quasar

I love this planet type's appearance already. =D
    As for surface generation, I recommend that each threat level has an increasing minimum and maximum surface roughness, if that is not already being done.

Hatsya Souji likes this.
  12. conanthealien

conanthealien Scruffy Nerf-Herder

What about just making the Grappling Hook available a lot sooner? It's only a matter of time until you do find one of the movement-enchancing skills, so make them seem more like an "upgrade" over the Grappling Hook than a straight-up replacement. If you can be guaranteed to Hook before the Techs, go for it!

Unclever title likes this.
  13. NonBritGit

NonBritGit Cosmic Narwhal

Looks very nice. Firing the game back up now.

14. Blake81

Blake81 Cosmic Narwhal

Yes. Only one, sadly. As I said, they're perhaps the worst trees available.

15. JennShii

JennShii Pangalactic Porcupine

Thankyou for being smart :casper:

16. Archer

Archer Spaceman Spiff

About time that more terrain types got added.. Looks good

17. Aeronautical

Aeronautical Void-Bound Voyager

This game just keeps getting better and better :D Keep up the great progress guys!

18. Dembai

Dembai Void-Bound Voyager

Please remember to put surface caves back in, no vines = no bandaids. So annoying!

19. rush116sx

rush116sx Void-Bound Voyager

all the stuff in the update looks cool. when do you think it will come out? next month, next next month, next year?

Wanderer Al likes this.
  20. Disco2

Disco2 Existential Complex

Oh sweet, sounds like a awesome idea.