Notice >REQUEST ART HERE<

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by Mr. Mystery, Apr 7, 2012.

?

Is this thread a good idea?

Poll closed Apr 14, 2012.
  1. Yep!

100.0%
  2. Nope!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. mikeloeven

mikeloeven Big Damn Hero

anyone still alive :rofl:

2. Relten

Relten The Waste of Time

Only GlaDoS is. :3
    But that doesn't mean you can't request, I'm sure nobody is requesting because I'm sure they have either been helped or still getting helped

Last edited: Jul 27, 2014
  3. Bwaha

Bwaha Starship Captain

4. Relten

Relten The Waste of Time

I'm still working on yours :)

5. Bwaha

Bwaha Starship Captain

6. Relten

Relten The Waste of Time

:mwahaha::mwahaha::whoop::whoop::mwahaha::mwahaha:

7. Bwaha

Bwaha Starship Captain

8. Relten

Relten The Waste of Time

Ok enough, we must get back on topic...

I never knew how difficult drawing dark scenes are, mainly this is because I get this wierd OCD on shadowing.

9. mikeloeven

mikeloeven Big Damn Hero

Well played sir :chucklefish:

10. Seajun_, Trailhammer and Tsunder like this.
  11. rhomboid

rhomboid 0118 999 881 99 9119 725... 3

After some quick googling, everything that shows up for him seems to be geometric and/or 3d. Did you have something specific in mind?

Also @Relten is it rude if I also give it a shot? Not 100% on etiquette lol so I want to make sure before I jump in.

12. Relten

Relten The Waste of Time

It's not rude, You can go ahead if you want. :) because I'm currently working on a few projects...besides I have been too busy practicing my pixel art to draw :rofl:
    image.jpg Here is his avian he wants drawn if you are going to pick this up.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2014
  13. rhomboid

Thanks! I can't do pixel art at all, but it seems really popular on this forum. So many great works!

14. Relten

Relten The Waste of Time

Pixel art isn't THAT difficult... Take this project I did for my mod for example, image.jpg it wasn't too hard, especially considering this is probably like my 5th pixel art I have ever done. I can help you out if you need help :)

15. rhomboid

I've only tried a couple times, mainly with minecraft skins. I don't know if this'll show up at all since it's such a tiny file, but it's pretty mediocre in my opinion. Every other time I've tried I get frustrated and scrap it haha.

That looks really good though. I'm just not too good at not having space to work with.

Attached Files:

16. Relten

Relten The Waste of Time

That skin isn't bad at all, looks great in my opinion..a way you can gain more space is easy, first picture how big you want your pixel art to be, then make the borders of the page larger than it, usually I use Microsoft paint for this :rofl:
    FTW

17. rhomboid

I mean for shading haha. Pixel art just has too little room for me to work, since shading is basically where all my skill is.

@Bwaha Here's the sketch, it came out a little shiny because I tried to do dual-tone shading, which I've never done before, so if it's weird or whatever I figure you can just use Relten's xD
    Hope you like it!
    bwaha.png

Seajun_ likes this.
  18. Relten

Relten The Waste of Time

Wow dual shading looks...great! It feels like I'm looking at a comic, I too wonder if that's what he will like..
    Funny, when it comes to drawing, backgrounds are my strong point. I think I must be a landscape artist because I can draw nature and backgrounds better than anything else, lol

Last edited: Jul 30, 2014
    Ovyerus and Bwaha like this.
  19. Relten

Relten The Waste of Time

Hey rhomboid, if it's not too much work for you, can you draw my little Drozolian character?
    I posted him earlier but so you don't have to backtrack.
    image.jpg
    Or without his hat
    image.jpg It doesn't matter the action just as long as it's somewhat fitting to the theme..
    I hope it's not too much of a hassle to ask this.

20. rhomboid

No problem! I've been drawing all day so I'm warmed up. I'll probably have it done before I go to bed :)