Starbound changelogs and release notes

Discussion in 'Starbound FAQs, Q&A, and General Help' started by Mister Green, Dec 10, 2013.

1. PainKiller86

PainKiller86 Subatomic Cosmonaut

Starbound linux memory leak

2. Ollobrains

Ollobrains Scruffy Nerf-Herder

What happened to the mac server patch fix, did that get delayed to ?

3. voodoo_child

voodoo_child Space Spelunker

you can use wood to make coal, can't you?

4. Aetherpunk

Aetherpunk Aquatic Astronaut

Anyone know when their gonna actually push in a full Steam update?

[​IMG]

Oh, sorry about the double spam, It just derped on me, though. ALSO! I'm apparently a Radagast the Brown. YAY!

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: May 15, 2014
  5. Sworm

Sworm Aquatic Astronaut

Thought this game will be released a lot sooner... I regret my purchase at this point.

6. ZioAndrew

ZioAndrew Aquatic Astronaut

Sorry for ask but: there is an ETA of the next patch?
    There is a real changelog done in the last 3-4 mounths for what's in stable and unstable version?

I don't know what you guys think, but to me it seems like that ther is a lot of focus on a lot of things, but without a real scheduled update time.

Just my opinion, i will be happy if anybody prove me i'm wrong.

(Sorry for my bad english :( )

7. Seaberry47

Seaberry47 Void-Bound Voyager

All I want is the optimization stage
    pleeeeeeaaaaaassseeee :cry:

8. Jbeetle

Jbeetle Oxygen Tank

No.

9. benignInferno

benignInferno Void-Bound Voyager

You seem pretty sure of yourself. Damn, I was hoping for some kind of update (besides nightly updates) within the next few months. I guess we'll find out when it happens.

10. Inny

Inny Cosmic Narwhal

I asked the devs about content but got no answer. Only thing I know is that the new engine will add a lot of new possibilities.

11. MC Glitch

MC Glitch Space Spelunker

Yeah I popped on wondering if there'd been a patch recently, bought the game in March 2014, hasn't been an update in 7 months - itching to get my hands on the new goodies they've been working on.

12. TylerDurden

TylerDurden Void-Bound Voyager

Stage 1 will move at a breakneck speed. This will be the buggiest and busiest stage of the beta. A bunch of unfinished features will be disabled whilst we finish them up. Updates will come thick and fast, sometimes as often as multiple updates a day.

:( We have been scammed :nope:

Nearly 9 month since last update...

13. Darklight

Darklight Oxygen Tank

Nightly

Dunto likes this.
  14. Jonesy

Jonesy Sarif's Attack Kangaroo Forum Moderator

The developers changed their strategy, and made it amply clear time and time again. If we were going to accuse developers of scamming every time something doesn't go to plan (which, in the games industry, is practically guaranteed), I'm surprised anybody would want to make games if people are going to constantly hold them to ransom.

It's not a bad thing to be concerned about a game you love. But jumping straight to a conclusion like "we've been scammed" is a bit extreme.

Last edited: Nov 6, 2014
    Jbeetle, rhomboid and Darklight like this.
  15. Silverforte

Silverforte Spaceman Spiff

Eh... Nightly unstable builds that don't help the server functionality at all aren't really worth mentioning. Scammed might be a bit harsh but, at what point do we draw the line? Perhaps nightly builds is some strategical method they use to be able to say 'Look, we've updated it recently. We're not obligated to do anything more right now'. It's been an obscenely long amount of time since the last stable update and multiplayer is still a joke. I used their official host Multiplay to host a server earlier this year and the staff there had no idea how to answer my technical questions because they were so poorly educated on how the game works and because there are no real tools for running a server properly, they couldn't help me AT ALL.