1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

starcheat: player save editor and Python library [Deleted]

Discussion in 'Outdated Mods' started by wizzomafizzo, Dec 23, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KyroDwaggie

KyroDwaggie Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Excellent news! I was about to paste a full crash log caused by the custom race mod crash, but fortunately checked your github issues page first. Will stick to older version until you put the next update out. And keep up the good work. :)

2. 3DIron

3DIron Space Spelunker

I got the newest Starcheat and whenever I load my character it says "Error in sys.excepthook
    Exception:'Nonetype' object has no attribute 'write'
    Original Exception: cannot covert float infinity to integer"
    And my character is working fine, Can you help me?

3. jedahdemon

jedahdemon Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Having the same issue as them. Anyone know the cause of this?

4. Mackinz

Mackinz The Waste of Time

It seems that StarCheat cannot read from mods in the modpack format. I hope that is a planned feature. :)

5. Tremendo Dude

Tremendo Dude Pangalactic Porcupine

It should be able to. Have you refreshed your starbound directory through StarCheat's options?

6. wizzomafizzo

wizzomafizzo Scruffy Nerf-Herder

wizzomafizzo updated starcheat with a new update entry:

Modded race hotfix

Read the rest of this update entry...

7. wizzomafizzo

I can't really see any errors in this. Did you copy the log straight after the error happened?

Could you both please flick through this page: http://starcheat.org/help#how_to_get_logs
    And link me a copy of your starcheat.log files. I don't think I've heard of this before, I hope it is not too common.

XG is right it should be working. If you're totally sure it you did a rescan link me to the mods and I can test em

8. Damiano de' Caretti

Damiano de' Caretti Cosmic Narwhal

Yes,Wizzo,I copied...shall i lend you the universe folder as well?

9. Mackinz

Mackinz The Waste of Time

It's all good. Apparently, I was running v 0.11 and modpack compatibility came with v0.12...

Anyway, I'm getting an error when I attempt to view a character made with my Gallavoir race mod.

cx_Freeze: Python error in main script (traceback unavailable)
    Error in sys.excepthook
    Exception: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'write'
    Original Exception: bad transparency mask

There's a link to the download of my Gallavoir mod in my signature. Or just click here.

10. 3DIron

3DIron Space Spelunker

11. Damiano de' Caretti

I had this idea about the capture pods:what about making an editor for pets as well,with customizable parts,colours,moves,attributes and also a randomizer?

12. Rhaonoa

Rhaonoa Void-Bound Voyager

Could you add support for the Kemono race?

13. wizzomafizzo

Are there any .fail files in your universe folder? Also, is this error actually still happening? Like are you able to play the game at all or is it only happening on the one character? Sorry for all the questions it's just I still can't work out where this error is coming from. The messages indicate it's a problem with the world file or something like that rather than the player (although this still could be cause by the player)

I will check it out. I've seen the same error on the Novakid+ mod as well. It seems like something is not right with the mod images (see the "bad transparency mask bit"). I am still figuring out how to convert them or force them or something.

One day :)
    The way pets work at the moment is a bit more limited than this. You basically pick a monster template and feed it a random number, that's as far as customisation goes. I assume this will get fleshed out a lot more when those inventory pet slots are implemented.

That's interesting. Is your health set to Infinity or something?

Can you please give me a link. I'll check it out.

Mackinz likes this.
  14. Oddbrother

Oddbrother Cosmic Narwhal

If it doesn't exist yet, would you give the user the option to add or remove color replacement options to and from the palette?

This way, if we wanted to, we could change the eye and mouth colors (much like we could in SBSE).

15. shardshunt

shardshunt Cosmic Narwhal

I just want to say thanks for all the work your putting into this wizz with all the bug fixes and stuff I really appreciate it so here's a cookie :cookie:

16. Damiano de' Caretti

Sorry,Wizzo...I found the fail file...yes,it won't let me actually play ANY of the characters since it can't even start up...but now it should work...
    NEVERMIND!I REMOVED THE FAIL FILE AND IT WON'T WORK!
    Wizzo,what shall I do?Starbound simply won't work!Please,someone,anyone,help me!

Last edited: Apr 24, 2014
  17. Tremendo Dude

Tremendo Dude Pangalactic Porcupine

I'm not sure what the exact nature of your error is, but if it's something to do with the world file, perhaps moving the universe.chunks file out of your universe folder and letting it refresh itself would fix the issue. If not, try removing the universe.dat or any of the db files (or try removing your entire universe folder if you're desperate enough to nuke your universe). The worst that will happen is that you'll lose your generated worlds, but at least you'd be able to play again.

18. Rhaonoa

Rhaonoa Void-Bound Voyager

http://community.playstarbound.com/index.php?resources/kemono-race-mod.1010/

19. wizzomafizzo

Good idea, shouldn't be too hard to add either. On the list!

Thank you, much appreciated :)

Thanks!

Just want to add for this first so people don't get too frightened, I suspect this is a problem with a mod or just a general bug with Starbound rather than caused by starcheat itself. I just say that because starcheat doesn't touch world files at all.

I am about to move house so I'm gonna have no internet for like a week. Until then, if you're desperate, you should move you universe folder somewhere as a backup and do a "repair files" thing on Starbound in Steam. As for the .fail files, there is something we can try: https://github.com/blixt/py-starbound#repairing-broken-worlds-fail-files

But I won't be able to try it until next week. Feel free to have a go yourself first but just make sure you do backups of your word files first!

20. Lucifer_§oul

Lucifer_§oul Starship Captain

hi there are u gonna support custom colours? if it already there i didnt know how to use it or get to it?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.