Starbounder App

Discussion in 'Wiki Discussion' started by Ovyerus, Apr 18, 2014.

?

Would you like to see a Starbounder app for mobile devices?

1. Yes.

95.7%
  2. No.

4.3%
  1. Ovyerus

Ovyerus Cosmic Narwhal

Hey there everyone!

So I was wondering if it would be possible for one of you guys at Chucklefish to make a Starbounder app (for the wiki)
    because some of us that play Starbound basicilly can't access anything else without exiting Starbound because the game goes quite slow right now. This would be cool because then we would have the Starbounder wiki at our fingertips, for example, when we are on the bus or train or whatever.

Thanks,
    Auesome_Man3840.

P.S. Please don't be Grammar Nazi's when it comes to my username (no offense German guys) because it is supposed to be spelt like that and people do actually say 'Oh this guy sucks 'cause he can't spell' and stuff.

Finn Learson and Flytrap like this.
  2. Jonesy

Jonesy Sarif's Attack Kangaroo Forum Moderator

Moved to Wiki Discussion.

[sarcasm]YOU SPELT YOUR USERNAME WRONG LOLOLOL![/sarcasm]

Andr0o, Serenity and Ovyerus like this.
  3. Ovyerus

Ovyerus Cosmic Narwhal

Thanks Jonesy.
    Good to see someone has a sense of humour.

4. ZinnLav

ZinnLav Scruffy Nerf-Herder

You mean you want a mobile version of the wiki site? Or do you want a proper mobile app for the wiki?

Ovyerus likes this.
  5. Ovyerus

Ovyerus Cosmic Narwhal

A mobile app would be faster but either way, able to have Starbounder on my phone would help.

6. SweFox

SweFox Guest

This forum has responsive theme so an app would be pretty useless and waste of time.

7. Ovyerus

Ovyerus Cosmic Narwhal

What do you mean by the forum has a responsive theme?

8. drmaverick94

drmaverick94 Void-Bound Voyager

I would honestly love to have a Starbound app, perfect for people who are starting out to learn the ropes and perfect for the more experienced people to share their knowledge.

Ovyerus likes this.
  9. Ovyerus

Ovyerus Cosmic Narwhal

I know. That's kind of what I meant.

10. I'd love to see a Starbounder wiki app. :)
    For now, the site does work pretty well on my phone's browser!

Ovyerus likes this.
  11. Ovyerus

Ovyerus Cosmic Narwhal

Yeah, same with me. Currently I use an app called 'Starbound Codex' which only does the updates on the main page and it works really well. But having an app for the Starbounder, either connecting to the site pretty fast, or have all of the wiki's info downloaded for when you don't have internet, would make life a whole lot easier. Especially since everything else on my computer lags out when I'm Starbound. (I don't have a great computer.)

12. Shock

Shock Spaceman Spiff

Oooh, sounds interesting. A Starbounder app would be nice, I guess.

Ovyerus likes this.
  13. Katzeus

Katzeus Chucklefisherman Chucklefish

It's a great suggestion, and something I can look into, I think there are some tools for linking apps with mediawiki databases (which is what Starbounder is built on). Ideally it will pull info from the site so updates won't have to be pushed to two places.

Ovyerus likes this.
  14. Ovyerus

Ovyerus Cosmic Narwhal

Ok, thanks Katzeus.

15. Flytrap

Flytrap Void-Bound Voyager

Yes! Great idea +1

Ovyerus likes this.
  16. Khakii

Khakii Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I think it would be a wonderful idea for those people who have smart phones. Now is it going to be like a information app? Like an app that informs you about forum posts, or future updates? If so that would be a great idea, it has my vote.

Ovyerus and Finn Learson like this.
  17. Disco2

Disco2 Existential Complex

Sounds like a awesome idea to have a starbound featured app!

Ovyerus likes this.
  18. Ovyerus

Ovyerus Cosmic Narwhal

@Khakii The forums use Tapatalk for mobiles but I am talking about an app for the official Starbound wiki, The Starbounder.

19. daydreamcub

daydreamcub Void-Bound Voyager

That would be great!

Ovyerus likes this.