Heart Forth, Alicia Launches Its Kickstarter Campaign

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by mollygos, Apr 16, 2014.

1. lonelyhornet

lonelyhornet Title Not Found

Had 20k only ~4 hours ago. They should reach it really soon at this rate.

2. Pepperkat

Pepperkat Phantasmal Quasar

This looks like an amazing game, but please remove the live action part of the game.

Live action has never led to the production of a good game, as story can be told fine within the narrative of the game without having to resort to using another medium. The game will end up feeling like a Night trap before all is through. Live action has never done well when used in video games. Ever. I doubt this game is going to be the forerunner that leads to popularization of it because it doesn't fit the medium.
    ( Imagine how earthbound would have been if the scenes were live action instead of told through the pixels the devs created. )

PrincessMeatloaf and Seajun_ like this.
  3. Aggravated

Aggravated Aquatic Astronaut

I do feel I need to post this again, and more clearly

For one person that is some seriously wicked pixel art.
    No Command and Conquer growing up?

quantian likes this.
  4. Kaboinglefop

Kaboinglefop Subatomic Cosmonaut

I've never thrown money at a kickstarter so fast! This is amazing!!!

5. Pepperkat

Pepperkat Phantasmal Quasar

The only game I can think of that had any sort of live action that remotely fit the story was Myst. And even then it seems out of place.
    It doesn't make sense to have live action in a game when you have a medium perfectly capable of conveying emotion if done well.

The game should be about the wizard, and her journey. And not the woman.
    They say that their engine is coded around games like symphony of the night but they're taking that good idea ( another symphony of the night would sell so hard ) and muddling it up with live action footage? I don't approve.

PrincessMeatloaf likes this.
  6. Nimeni

Nimeni Big Damn Hero

I don't know....really it's not of our business that they wanted to promote the kickstarter for this game but...let's be onest. We really want Starbound to be the priority here right?....And let me tell you something devs. If you could just make small updates (atleast verbally on the main page) about you are doing (regarging starbound) then there wouldn't be so many people upset about the progression of the game.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2014
    roadrashh and Piccolo like this.
  7. Sethial

Sethial Scruffy Nerf-Herder

this thread seems to be drawing the ire from alot of the community about the state of Starbound as a whole, I have created a thread titled A Good Place to Vent for all those who wish to air any and all types of concerns, I am sure threads like this exist but I hope this one can be used as a bridge for the community and the devs. Check it out if you wish.

8. SnowFox1

SnowFox1 Void-Bound Voyager

very nice game

9. Piccolo

Piccolo Guest

It was though. I mean not on the official Kickstarter website, but in the same way with tiers and whatnot.

10. Piccolo

Piccolo Guest

If it's not anything to do with Starbound, why is it posted in the Starbound forum? Maybe Molly should get reprimanded for her off topic post...
    Edit: I meant Starbound website incase anyone was confused.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 16, 2014
  11. It's not. This is the Chucklefish forum.

Seajun_ likes this.
  12. Lobo

Lobo Spaceman Spiff

I just noticed Tiy tweeted about how this game feels and plays like SOTN
    I've been waiting for a game to give me the SOTN feeling for ages :')

EDIT:

@Piccolo, please, avoid double posting :up:

@Darklight WOW, relax buddy, let's refrain from personal attacking :unsure:
    This way we're not adding anything to the discussion...

Zurgh, BlueSmoke and cyberspyXD like this.
  13. Piccolo

Piccolo Guest

It's posted on the Starbound website, that's what I meant. It's with all the Starbound updates, expect it has nothing to do with Starbound, irrelevant.
    Wow, those are some harsh words there. Maybe you should calm down. It's on the Starbound website, but is apparently irrelevant to Starbound. Maybe you should refrain from throwing names around as you may be caught in a "pot calling the kettle black" scenario.

Boshed, Symple85 and roadrashh like this.
  14. Dzelda

Dzelda Parsec Taste Tester

Dear people.

In case you have problems with Live Action, never forget the amazing game that is, and forever will be...

Pepsi Man.

That is all. :)

15. Darklight

Darklight Oxygen Tank

Starbound website functions as CHUCKLEFISH website. Therefore chucklefish matters are posted here. You'd think you'd get the message after the last games published by CF were posted on this site.

16. Katzeus

Katzeus Chucklefisherman Chucklefish

Alright, take a sec and settle down. While this is a news post on the main page of playstarbound it has nothing to do with either Starbound or Starbound updates. If you guys want to discuss Starbound ... *gestures to rest of forums*. Let's keep this thread on-topic (which is HFAlicia) and civil (let's not make these new developers first impression of the community a bad one).

vanella, Paco495, Jonesy and 6 others like this.
  17. Piccolo

Piccolo Guest

If this is the Chucklefish website, then what is Chucklefish.org?

18. mizukaru

mizukaru Phantasmal Quasar

I'd actually like to see Chucklefish finish the game that was meant to be done last year instead of working on all these side projects. It's obvious that there is some time management issues within your company. Or did everyone in the game industry just forget how the order or process of game release works these days? As much as I love to see Starbound in the forever a year beta, I'd actually like you see the resources spent finishing a multi million dollar game you had people give to you in promise of a game that should of been close to ready for beta.

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/vid...Survival-Special-Rust-Starbound-7-Days-to-Die

The Escapist couldn't say it better.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2014
    PrincessMeatloaf, Pingeh and Piccolo like this.
  19. cyberspyXD

cyberspyXD Tiy's Beard

Chucklefish is the publisher. They are supporting the game but not actively developing it.

This is not a side project, it's growing the company.

vanella, Paco495, Zurgh and 2 others like this.
  20. Dzelda

Dzelda Parsec Taste Tester

You do realize that publishing and actually building a game are tow fundamentally different things right? Sadly, youre not the first person Ive had to say this to.

Imagine a book. A publisher is someone who takes that book and hawks it for cash.

An author is someone who builds the book.

Technically by publishing Heart-forge, Chuckles HOPING to make money.

Seajun_ and Darklight like this.