1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Starbound servers

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by jbg00g, Jun 18, 2013.

1. jbg00g

jbg00g Pangalactic Porcupine

Just wondering but, are Starbound servers going to be any thing like Terraria's servers?
    I didn't really like Terraria's servers because of the fact that you could bring items in from other maps, the maps would always be destroyed, and people are spawning the "end game" bosses.
    What do you guys think?

2. RedScarWolf

RedScarWolf Spaceman Spiff

It's been confirmed that there will be a checkable option to force people to start new characters.

KirasiN, DarkZydra and jbg00g like this.
  3. jbg00g

Oh sweet, that makes the game SOO much better! Thanks for telling me. I am looking forward to playing online with my friends more.

4. Yeah I liked playing with friends, but when gamerpro27 decided he would pop out to an open treasure trove server and come back with wings and a nights edge it kind of ruined the dynamic of the group. For that reason im glad it'll be easier to make inclusive servers with economies and better group dynamics. All wishful thinking of course :).

5. KirasiN

KirasiN Existential Complex

The thing is, even if the game forces you to start new characters...what if you use those characters on your other worlds and get some end game items? I really hope characters are bound to certain servers.

6. Cosmin Negoita

Cosmin Negoita Phantasmal Quasar

I loved the fact that you can bring items from your world. The real problem was the people itself...But in Starbound with the endless Universe, I doubt there will be problems like these that often :)

7. RedScarWolf

RedScarWolf Spaceman Spiff

They will be saved server side.

8. jbg00g

Yea, I just HATE the idea of using characters from other games. Also, on Terraria you could get a "All Items Map" and give your self the best items and the boss spawns within 2-5 mins, Which in end, made things worse.

9. flippitydip

flippitydip Big Damn Hero

Seriously, I also hated that. I remember people just offering excaliburs like it was nobody's business, it totally defeats the purpose of playing. Also could you imagine if my avatar and your avatar had a baby?

Fuzzy Poop and KirasiN like this.
  10. jbg00g

Oh... Umm. Quick! Some one photo shop that!

Fuzzy Poop likes this.
  11. V For Vendetta

V For Vendetta Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I never had this problem with Terraria, but I'm assuming that it was a pain. Also, I don't want to be the "evil" person by telling you this, but, this should have been posted on the FAQ section of the forums. That's where all the question are located. Thanks, and I hope you all have a good day.

Supertt007 likes this.
  12. flippitydip

flippitydip Big Damn Hero

You asked for it
    [​IMG]

My god it's beautiful

Jonesy, RedScarWolf, wubnut1 and 2 others like this.
  13. jbg00g

I am going to change my avatar to this!

RedScarWolf and flippitydip like this.
  14. wubnut1

wubnut1 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

flippityg00g or jbdip?

15. jbg00g

Flippityg00g sounds better

wubnut1 likes this.
  16. wubnut1