1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Starbound for the Ps vita

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by XSega789, Jun 3, 2013.

?

Do you want starbound to come to the VITA

1. Yes

18.9%
  2. No

37.7%
  3. I don't care

43.4%
  1. XSega789

XSega789 Master Chief

Terraria has cone to the VITA if Starbound came too we would have AWESOMENESS X 3
    Think about it playing starbound on the go, a sci-Fi games and play a fantasy games Terraria on the go!
    It would be Amazing!

After it comes out onto the PC of course.........

2. As cool as that concept is, focus should be on getting Starbound out for the PC first rather than thinking about possible console ports.

Serenity and WoxandWarf like this.
  3. Jonesy

Jonesy Sarif's Attack Kangaroo Forum Moderator

Serenity and WoxandWarf like this.
  4. IllusiveEnergy

IllusiveEnergy Subatomic Cosmonaut

Actually, if you know the basics of game design, you would know that if you are planning on porting it to other systems you need to make preparations in the early stages of development.

5. Strife

Strife Existential Complex

Being one of the five people on Earth that bought the Vita, I'd be interested in Starbound releasing on it.

However, it'd be nice for the game to actually release on PC one of these years, so I have little concern for any console/handheld release. Not to mention the framework on Vita is difficult. Probably easier to port it to PS3 and then use the streaming feature the Vita has.

Sakaru and Sophisticated Mayhem like this.
  6. .:FancyPants:.

.:FancyPants:. Pangalactic Porcupine

Only a few minutes ago I opened my new PS Vita and now I'm staring at this thread.

How.

7. Sophisticated Mayhem

Sophisticated Mayhem Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Ports don't always work like that. It's always possible to port it to another system/platform. The first post starts out with Terraria, a PC game (Windows only), coming to Vita. It's also being ported to Android, and has been ported to Xbox (which wasn't nearly as hard since Terraria has XNA framework). But Chucklfish isn't planning to, anyway.

As per front page FAQ which was updated recently (new mech!):
    It's sensible. See what the demand for the game is outside of preorders first, right?

AstroBlast likes this.
  8. XSega789

XSega789 Master Chief

I guess after they release the pc first then the vita would be
    nice

9. Mercnet

Mercnet Pangalactic Porcupine

No, stop it. It is not even out on PC. Stop trying to ruin things before we even have them.

Stylµs likes this.
  10. XSega789

XSega789 Master Chief

11. claudekennilol

claudekennilol Space Kumquat

While I'd get it on the Vita. Just because Terraria is getting ported to the Vita, doesn't mean any game will. 505 Games is still working on Vita port because it's a lot of work, not just because they can take the code and reuse it as is. A lot of time and development would have to go into it and the Vita is smallest "mainstream" game market there is. While I would love for it to be on the Vita, it's just not very cost effective.