Boss BECOME A Boss - Admin Commands

Discussion in 'NPCs and Creatures' started by Shiokuri, Apr 20, 2013.

?

Would you like this idea to be ingame?

1. Yes, I love server events and this would be awesome!

92.2%
  2. Meh, I don't know if I would use it.

4.7%
  3. No, I hate this idea.

3.1%
  1. Shiokuri

Shiokuri Ketchup Robot

Earlier the other day, I was thinking about Starbound and the multiplayer features and commands, which we so far know nothing about. As I was thinking, I realized what a cool idea it would be for Moderators or Admins on a server, to turn INTO a boss.
    This idea would be very complex to integrate into the game, but I would love to see it there. No longer will you have to rely on killing an AI for fun, you can instead do a massive "PVP" battle, where it is everyone versus the moderator who transformed into a boss.
    Although it would be very complex to make this work, I can see this working out very well anyways, and I will know describe what it would be like.
    On your server you can have events, and these events would be a wonderful time for everyone to join together and do fun things. Once people become bored of the AI of bosses, which probably won't be as diverse as everything else in the game, people can begin to fight human controlled bosses.
    Perhaps it is a giant robot suit, or maybe a mutant human, it could be anything! The power of coding will allow Chucklefish to design these "player bosses" however they please.
    The boss would be similar to an actual character's controls.
    You have a tool bar at the top, and using this you can switch your weapons and styles, perhaps even changing shields (An equipable item which makes your defenses block all range attacks from hurting you.), forcing people to switch styles and strategies.
    One second you could be blasting them with a machine gun, the next you could be throwing bombs! Imagine the amazing fun you could have when there is no limit to how diverse a boss can be, because they can have a human in the driver seat!

I would love to see this ingame, please post your ideas and how you feel about it.

Flan, Xylidya, Starsly and 5 others like this.
  2. Zidonuke

Zidonuke Pangalactic Porcupine

100% support this.

3. Eccentric

Eccentric Pangalactic Porcupine

I don't really know.
    I guess I'll support it in case someone else uses them, but I wouldn't use it myself.

4. Simon Petrikov

Simon Petrikov Ketchup Robot

Yeah, but I wouldn't like the Idea of a command like that getting in the wrong hands. I would put a console restriction to who can use it that can be controlled by the owner

Shiokuri and Baconbeard like this.
  5. Percival

Percival Phantasmal Quasar

I'd have alot of fun with this with my friends. I do have that one friend who loves to play the "murder-you-all...with fun!" style of DM. He'd be so thrilled with this power.

6. SmokeMustard

SmokeMustard Orbital Explorer

You got my support on this!
    Mehehe... now i just gotta lure some poor sod onto my server... :devil:

7. This definitely can be an awesome feature in the game. I can foresee it coming in handy on many roleplay servers... :rolleyes: :)

It would definitely be an awesome mod of some sort, if it isn't implemented into the vanilla game.

Cloudhopper and Shiokuri like this.
  8. GabirilosGR

GabirilosGR Scruffy Nerf-Herder

You have my support :3

9. Dragrath

Dragrath Phantasmal Quasar

Nice Idea... I can think of multiple fun senerios, including pitting 2 bosses against each other an having players tip the scales in the favor of one ect.

Shiokuri and nababoo like this.
  10. thedredge

thedredge Void-Bound Voyager

The only problem I can think with this is how it might break the feel of the game just to have someone turn into a boss. This is simply fixed though if you made it the end of a quest chain and had one of the participants of the quest turn into the boss scaled in power for the rest of the people on the server.

11. Mukin

Mukin Scruffy Nerf-Herder

100% support great idea

12. Shiokuri

Shiokuri Ketchup Robot

Thanks for all your guys support on this. :)
    It may not be implemented, but who knows, it would be great for all those community events and such, so perhaps it was already planned!
    It would be entirely surprising of course, because I have never seen anything like it in a game. Perhaps I'll look into modding a less intricate version of it. If we get an API.

nababoo likes this.
  13. Zakanakai

Zakanakai Scruffy Nerf-Herder

ACTUALLY
    I think this is in the game already. As some of the announced info, I think Tiy stated that an administrator of the server can go into a secret console and take control of certain parts- making up their own quests as time goes on and spawning monsters- They have NPCs that you can control, so I imagine a bossmonster (WITH editable stats, or presets) would be easy to control as well, just with a limited preset skillbar and skins.
    However with editable stats one could grief and make a superdooper powerful bossmonster and then... well, not so good there. Presets limit creativity too.

Ah well, my 2 cents~

DaviDeil and nababoo like this.
  14. The OP seems to be reaching for something more... flexible, but it's nice to see that we can have all our goodies in-game already.

15. Bigkahuna

Bigkahuna Big Damn Hero

Director Mode. Tiy has stated that he'd like to implement this later on in the game's development. Basically, the player would be able to take control of NPCs/make them say dialogue/configure their basic AI/move blocks around.

I'm sure a Boss monster may be within those parameters.

16. creepydude555

creepydude555 Void-Bound Voyager

Definitely like the sound of this. :)