Chuckle Fish Boss

Discussion in 'NPCs and Creatures' started by frostybubbles, Mar 9, 2013.

1. frostybubbles

frostybubbles Scruffy Nerf-Herder

So I just got an idea for a final or Easter egg boss ...the Chuckle Fish Monster.
    ahm
    You land on a planet called Htrae (earth spelled backwards) and when your digging underground you discover a broken up building with flickering lights, dirt everywhere and skeletons. Dun dun duuuunnnnnnn. You continue to venture forth and find a diary which says " we thought it would be cool to have a actual giant fish to resemble our mascot so we got some of top lab workers to start experimentation. Next entry: "Herd some noise from the lab and it sounded like....laughter. I wonder just how fun science is? Final entry: " I'm writing this as my last entry whoever happens to find this RUN!.. RUN FOR YOUR LI...." on the page of the final entry you can see a few red stains. At this point, if the player leaves in 5 min nothing will happen. If you stay longer than 5 mins you'll hear a "chuckle." If the player stays for another 5 min than you'll hear another chuckle and than your player will stop, unable to move. After a few moments of silence you'll hear the sound of something digging rapidly. Then the chuckle fish will burst out of the ground and give a loud, high pitched scream. The player will be able to move again with an objective that just says "RUN!" the player will be chased by the chuckle fish while it is chuckling. after some time the player will trip and the fish will stop and give one last chuckle before it charges at you. The screen will go to black and you hear the sound of a sword slicing. The screen comes up again and you see Tiy with a katana on the other side of the fish who is stopped. After a second the top half of the fish will start to slide off the bottom half. Next, Tiy's katana will form into a scarf around Tiy's neck. Tiy will give a faint smile and walk off. Once the player can move again, the player might go the same direction Tiy went. If they do, they will find a hat on the ground. The hat is Tiy's hat.

Thank you for reading. What are your thoughts on this?

2. Bloolink

Bloolink Industrial Terraformer

Hahaha, that would be awesome I think, as an Easter Egg though, doesn't fit as the final boss IMO. Definitely a cool concept though.

SPARTEN1337 X13 likes this.
  3. Stargazer

Stargazer Existential Complex

I think you could make it a much simpler easter egg by having the chuckefish in an aquarium and it would occasionally laugh at you.

4. Fantastic Mr. Legion

Fantastic Mr. Legion Phantasmal Quasar

I prefer this honestly.

5. Dynafols

Dynafols Black Hole Surfer

Shouldn't this be in the suggestions?

6. lynatuk779

lynatuk779 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Avians approves this :3

t.ferabend and frostybubbles like this.
  7. Soup

Soup Giant Laser Beams

I want a pet chucklefish now.

8. litlbear

litlbear Subatomic Cosmonaut

journals where people die while they're writing entries are sooooooooo corny

like really, who the hell stays when a big bad guy is chasing them, to WRITE a journal entry?

SPARTEN1337 X13 and Skitz like this.
  9. KuroHinotori

KuroHinotori Spaceman Spiff

I'm with Mr. Legion on the Chucklefish pet idea.

10. GunmanRex

GunmanRex Oxygen Tank

This is awesome.

BrenSage likes this.
  11. The Thing

The Thing Existential Complex

mmmh... funny story, tough I dont really see this making it into the game. Much less it being a sort of cutscene where the player cannot move. I would be for the Chucklefish logo making it into the game has an easter egg but maybe not a boss.

12. PlanutExplorer

PlanutExplorer Void-Bound Voyager

both ideas are coo', but i would like Tiy's hat to be a vanity item.:megusta:

13. SPARTEN1337 X13

SPARTEN1337 X13 Big Damn Hero

I think the hardest part to implentent is the pixeling, but if I'm level 100 and have tier 10 shix, why can't I kill it myself? Otherxise great!