1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Tiy's livestream?

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Combine_Kegan, Oct 28, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Combine_Kegan

Combine_Kegan Phantasmal Quasar

Does anyone happen to know of Tiy's Livestream? In a recent "discussing starbound" video by Ockpii, he mentioned Tiy showed a LITTLE bit of gameplay footage, and I wanted to see if there was anyway to recap on it at all, seeing as I missed it when it was live.

If anyone could help I'd be grateful

Zellman and ThatMrT like this.
  2. Baradrim

Baradrim Big Damn Hero

That would be handy for me to know too.

3. Aviakio

Aviakio Weight of the Sky

Apparently people were told not to record the streams, so that's most likely out of the equation.
    :meh:
    I missed both of them myself due to timezones, but some friends have told me some building mechanics were shown off. Other than that, this is the first forum thread about it and there's only one thing on reddit.

St Fonz likes this.
  4. Ghostar

Ghostar Steakeater

I really wish he would Tweet when hes going to do that. >n> I missed both myself.

MDoubleM likes this.
  5. Attribule

Attribule Scruffy Nerf-Herder

So what was the point of showing off something almost nobody would see?

HerplinDerplin and Angry Muffin like this.
  6. Starheaven07

Starheaven07 Pyxis Tube

Actually we hit the viewer max (50) during the stream I was present for, which was probably the building one. Not sure if we're allowed to discuss information from it or if he just didn't want the footage out there, so most of us haven't been talking about the contents as far as I can tell.

From what I heard there were some people recording it for private use, but I can't confirm that because they weren't people I knew.

7. TheMurumasa

TheMurumasa Existential Complex

Haven't found the gameplay footage anywhere, but I did find a whole lot of screenshots that I showed in the video below.

8. Rekalty

Rekalty Friend of the Night

Keep hearing about this Livestream... Wonder what it was all about, oh well.

9. Necrius

Necrius Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Everyone noticed that inventory screenshot has this hammer-thingie not fitting in the slot? One of the bugs soon-to-be-fixed, I guess. Or does it mean that weapons will take more than 1 slot?

10. Combine_Kegan

Combine_Kegan Phantasmal Quasar

Well depending on how Tiy set up his livestream, there's a chance you might be able to re-watch the stream on the website itself. Though it'd probably be safe to say he made sure the website didn't save a recording

11. olisr

olisr Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I think it's just cuz he picked it up.

Everyone check Bartwe's livestream NAO!!!

Edit: They' re offline now.

12. Destro

Destro Phantasmal Quasar

I saw people talking about that livestream and when I read about it, I felt really bad about how they did this because yes it must be great for those who could watch it, but no more than 50 people could watch at the same time. If the livestream had been only about a dev coding stuff, I would not mind that much, but they were showing gameplay. I can't imagine how frustrating it could have been for those who knew about it but could not see while it was happening. If they don't want to show the gameplay then they should not show it at all. At least I could see some screenshot of the livestream which reduced how bad it felt, but I really think they should either not do this again or make the video available for all to see.

to tiy or the dev: keep in mind that even if we are not looking 24/7 at everything Starbound related does not mean we don't crave for stuffs about the game especially gameplay.

edit: I just read that the 50 people limit might have simply been a Unverified Livestream channels thing, but still I would prefer they did some thing differently especially with gameplay footage.

Zellman likes this.
  13. JBGolden

JBGolden Void-Bound Voyager

Yeah, this is something people need to realize. No matter how things went down the 50 people limit is something Livestream does to unverified accounts. So that wasn't Tiy's fault.

14. Starheaven07

Starheaven07 Pyxis Tube

He did not make the video available on his livestream page. Otherwise we would have seen a lot more of it by now.

15. Garish Gnome

Garish Gnome Void-Bound Voyager

He specifically pointed that out as a bug to be fixed.

16. Sykes

Sykes Hard-To-Destroy Reptile

I'm kinda frustrated that people were so eager to see gameplay, and Tiy streamed some without telling anyone, and asked people not to record it. Kind of unfair... I'm sure he has his reasons, but still. I think it's causing more negative than positive.

17. Evinagro

Evinagro Cosmic Narwhal

i found someone who recorded the livestream(i was searching youtube and found it)

18. RikSharp

RikSharp Pangalactic Porcupine

Totally off topic, but who's Xeno the Canary?

19. Evinagro

Evinagro Cosmic Narwhal

what? were you reading my signature? if so, thats me on steam
    if not, then what were you talking about?

20. RikSharp

RikSharp Pangalactic Porcupine

I was reading your sig.
    I just can't let a string of binary or hexadecimal go unread...
    As you can see, my eyes were drawn to the hex, where they promptly ignored the big Steam profile box with your name in it...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.