1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

How do you find your starting planet?

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by thegamer381, Dec 8, 2013.

1. thegamer381

thegamer381 Space Hobo

Hello there! I recently warped to the beta sector and discovered it was way tougher than i could handle. I was going to warp back but unfortunately I hit the SET home button instead of warp home, and i foolishly forgot to write down my home's coordinates. All I remember is the name Alpha Her Minoris which doesn't help much as i can't search for it and there are MILLIONS of planets with similar names xD. Is there a way to check which planets you've been to or find the starting planet for a universe in the game files?

2. WingPecker

WingPecker Tentacle Wrangler

If you navigate to Steam\steamapps\common\Starbound\universe, you will find a list of all the planets you have visited. Just type in the X and Y. And see if the planet looks familiar. Only way to do it right now,
    Hope that helps.

3. thegamer381

thegamer381 Space Hobo

thanks, there are 3 numbers though for each planet file though, which 2 represent the coordinates?

4. Niam

Niam Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Hey, easy way to check is this. Go to the folder mentioned. Sort by DATE MODIFIED and just look for the oldest one in there. Assuming you've only got one character, it'll be the first planet you visited. First numbr is the X, Second number is the Y, last set of numbers are the SEED and I think a time/date stamp of some sort. I've got a couple copies of the same world but the last 2 numbers are different and the DATE MODIFIED are a day or two apart. (also appear to be worlds I've heavily terriformed from mining as well, so maybe its just a back up)

5. onedevil

onedevil Space Hobo

If you need to get to your first world, see not Date modified but Date created and oldest one will definitely be your first world. Coordinates just point to system your world is located, you need to find it manually in that system.

6. Puddinsky

Puddinsky Big Damn Hero

Yup. That button really needs a "Please confirm"

ReverendBonobo likes this.
  7. Tamorr

Tamorr Supernova

In my findings, if you didn't just use the random to find a planet in the next sector; you could just simply switch to the alpha sector and look around on that screen for systems that resemble what you do know.

Else you have only the option of what every one else is mentioning.

I only know this because I don't use the random button and like seeing what is around the coordinates of my alpha sector in the other sectors. So all my xy are pretty close to each other when looking for a planet.

Another way of telling is if you have been to another system in the same sector. Usually a dust trail of sorts is represented from your starter system to another, that is if you explored another system within that sector. Represented by a dashed line. This will only work obviously if you have visited other systems within the same sector...

8. Nyxeiris

Nyxeiris Aquatic Astronaut

Or create a new character and check the coordinates and input them in your characters ship

9. Sol Man

Sol Man Intergalactic Tourist

Thanks for the help! I was in the gamma sector and couldn't remember my 1st planet and I needed to get some stuff I left there. Now I can move to where I currently live.