1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

*I put on my wizard robe and hat*

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Abacus112, Dec 13, 2013.

1. Abacus112

Abacus112 Poptop Tamer

[​IMG]

--Bonus points If you understood the reference.. heh

Mansen and Kriptini like this.
  2. Yuvs

Yuvs Tentacle Wrangler

Magicka?

Mansen and Middleman93 like this.
  3. Middleman93

Middleman93 Star Wrangler

Magicka. Good game.

4. Tleno

Tleno Spaceman Spiff

Not really... it's actually a phrase originaly used somewhere-I-don't-remember-where to mock erotic text roleplays, but it, like all fun phrases, became a meme and spread everywhere, including Team Fortress 2, Magicka and a whole bunch of other places.
    From TF2 wiki:
    • The description is a reference to the phrase, "I put on my robe and wizard hat", originating from an IRC discussion between users bloodninja and BritneySpears14, which became a popular meme on the internet. [1]
      1. ↑ Know Your Meme - I Put On My Wizard Hat Meme

Also, Abacus... you're missing a wizard scroll item on your back!

Sephlington likes this.
  5. Rabblerouser

Rabblerouser Phantasmal Quasar

Bonus points for Floran. Floran master race!

Though.. I'd not expect them to be mages... Floran like ssstab.

6. Abacus112

Abacus112 Poptop Tamer

I have that! I thought it might detract from my silly reference joke though. Also, I don't know what it does.

7. Tleno

Tleno Spaceman Spiff

:rofl:
    The Robotnik & Reagan part killed me.

8. Mansen

Mansen Subatomic Cosmonaut

Actually - Yes - Magicka. The Bathrobe is an obvious reference to Magicka's Bath Robe promotion.

9. Clash

Clash Subatomic Cosmonaut

Actually the set itself is a reference to Mickey as the Sorcerer's Apprentice in Fantasia circa 1940.
    [​IMG]
    The line "I put on my robe and wizard hat" is a reference to the meme http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/robe-and-wizard-hat. Describing it as a bath robe could simply be because Mickey's ensemble resembles a bath robe but maybe the devs did intend it to be a reference to Magicka.

Three pop culture references for the price of one, perhaps the best deal on the forums this morrow.

10. Mansen

Mansen Subatomic Cosmonaut

We'll disagree to agree on that one, based on the flavour text.

11. RyuujinZERO

RyuujinZERO Supernova

Well visually it's evidently a reference to mickey, hence the pieces are mismatched colours (I did wonder why the whole set isn't all blue, or all red) - but perfectly match his appearance. The flavour text though is obviously a reference to the well known "Robe and wizard hat" meme

There's no reason both visuals and text can't be call outs to two different things independently.

MiniKnog Agent likes this.
  12. OBITWIZZLE

OBITWIZZLE Poptop Tamer

Bloodninja. Best cyber sexer ever.

Holgast and Tleno like this.
  13. bmfs

bmfs Space Spelunker

There is a back item that I *think* is a part of this set called Magic Scroll, and the flavor text says "The secrets on this scroll are only for a wizard's eye!". I thought that when you put the set together it might actually do something, being that the Magic Scroll back item is a blue item. Any thoughts?

14. Raok

Raok Subatomic Cosmonaut

Done it. Nothing happened. Well, except for the lightning bolts that started coming out of my eyes and the powers of raw chaos that flowed from my fingertips, but that's all minor stuff really.

Holgast likes this.
  15. Rocket Black Man

Rocket Black Man Space Penguin Leader

"I gotta keep you guys on a list or something"