1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED [ARCHIVE] Creative Mode - Complete control over your experience.

Discussion in 'Mechanics' started by aMannus, Dec 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aMannus

aMannus Space Kumquat

Somehow the forum still put the link for an older version which I removed from dropbox before. It works now though.

You're using an old version now though, with v0.8 all you have to do is copy the entire CreativeMode over into your assets folder and smelt a wooden platform.

2. Diago21

Diago21 Void-Bound Voyager

Are other blocks added to the Spawner Box yet besides the original 3?

3. aMannus

aMannus Space Kumquat

Yes, all metal bars, boss summoning items and I think I added some other stuff like food. Still far from actually being complete, of course, but I just wanted to add some recipes manually. As I'm currently playing the game myself for a bit, I'm not really working on the script yet. Once that's done though, I'll be able to add all vanilla items in one go. Not sure how difficult it's going to be, as I have no knowledge of excel coding.

4. ReMark

ReMark Subatomic Cosmonaut

That was a quick update for the latest version of starbound! :O Great job!

"Tentacle Wrangler" ... xD

5. stumbler

stumbler Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I managed to craft the ultimate box unlocker, but when I try to use it, nothing happens

6. aMannus

aMannus Space Kumquat

Tried placing it down instead of just 'using' it? Is the game actually crashing or does nothing happen? I need more specifics to help you out.

Irritated Koala just launched. It should not break anything related to the mod, but if anything did break, do tell.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2013
  7. ReMark

I placed the ultimate box, but when I tried to use it, the game just closed with no message.
    I'll look into my own config files tomorrow, but I don't think it's them, as they are pretty much fresh from the new patch.

8. VeryOpinionatedGamer

VeryOpinionatedGamer Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Actually aMannus they launched a hot fix we are on Frustrated Koala according to my starbound launcher lol. Not that it should break the mod, as the other two that i've been using work just fine. Still i think it's worth taking a look at :-D

edit*

on second thought it might be something you guys are doing wrong, I have used just about everything and the mod is running fine, no crashes yet. I created the Unlocker and the Ultimate box, and everything is there. Keep up the good work will give any detailed accounts of crashing if they do happen, and let ya know if any bugs arise.

ReMark likes this.
  9. Jecoconono

Jecoconono Scruffy Nerf-Herder

uMannus, Hope you dont mind, but im going to make a cheaty item spawning table. This is cause im tired of waiting.

10. ReMark

More than likely xD. Of course, I could just have a bad case of bad luck, as it seems I have had for quite some time now.

11. aMannus

aMannus Space Kumquat

You didn't put the entire folder in your /assets/ folder. You need to copy the ENTIRE folder into the /assets/ folder, not just it's sub folders. I've answered this about 20 times now.

I said this like 2 posts above yours, heh. Yes, it shouldn't break anything, and so far it has been working fine for me without changing anything.

And yes, every single case of people saying the mod didn't work was them installing it wrong. Which is stupid, since it's literally downloading and a case of copy/pasting a single folder into a single location. I don't see how I can possibly simplify this either.

Wah, tired of waiting? The spawning table has been in for like 3 versions now. If you need any more items you can spawn just add more recipes to the mod yourself.

12. Jecoconono

Jecoconono Scruffy Nerf-Herder

No, you got me wrong
    Im gonna make a mod that adds in a wierd glitch looking like box that you can craft, and it has all of the crafting in it for 1 px

13. aMannus

aMannus Space Kumquat

Which is basically copying the feature my spawning table already has, except that I don't have all recipes ready yet. What am I getting wrong here?

14. VeryOpinionatedGamer

VeryOpinionatedGamer Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I see what your saying, but to be clear, you want to make a mod that allows for the crafting of a box, a box that has all the crafting ingredients in it for 1 pixel a piece.

edit*

I don't know it think he just wants more recipes, which can be added right?

15. aMannus

aMannus Space Kumquat

Yes, it really does only need more recipes. Which, if you know how to mod, isn't that hard if you just poke around in my mod files, so you can add whatever item you want yourself.

This spawning table IS going to have all vanilla items in it at some point though, just not today.

VeryOpinionatedGamer likes this.
  16. Holy_Donut

Holy_Donut Void-Bound Voyager

Is the Invincible armor in the latest version? Because I can't seem to find it in both Ultimate Box or Spawning Box.

17. aMannus

aMannus Space Kumquat

It should be in v0.8, yeah. I just checked, it shows up for me. It's in the Ultimate Box. If you can't find it, try to filter with the armor icon, then the armor should be the only thing showing.

18. Holy_Donut

I just get an item called Perfectly Generic Item... I'll try deleting from my assets folder then downloading it again see if that works

19. aMannus

aMannus Space Kumquat

Just asking, you sure you're on either Annoyed Koala or Frustrated Koala and that you're using v0.8? It sounds like you're either on an older version of starbound or using an older version of the mod, seeing as the armor changed after the update earlier today.

20. Holy_Donut

As it turns out, Steam didn't update my game for me so I was operating at a lower version then the mod. So ya...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.