1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Durasteel/Durasteel ore impossible to find?

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Naota215, Dec 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Naota215

Naota215 Void-Bound Voyager

I've been trying for the past 6+ hours to find durasteel and I have yet to find a single bar or piece of ore, I've beaten the first 3 bosses so far (UFO, Robot, Dragon) and have all the chips so I can go to 4 different quadrants. Is there a specific level of planet you find it on? in a certain sector? I'm beggining to lose hope at finding any of this stuff and the planets are pretty much everything 1 shots you even with the pioneers armor. Anyone with any idea on where to find it would be amazing if you could chime in and lemme know, planet choords with known caches of it get extra cookies!

Thanks

Last edited: Dec 6, 2013
  2. TheKrister2

TheKrister2 Pangalactic Porcupine

It's an alloy so you have to craft it as it is not something you find but something you combine with something else to get it. (DON'T take my word for this as I haven't even gotten any far at all)

3. Therevan789

Therevan789 Big Damn Hero

Coal Ore + Titanium Bar = Durasteel bar

TheKrister2 likes this.
  4. Naota215

Naota215 Void-Bound Voyager

Where do I find the recipe for it? I cant find it in any of my crafting areas.

5. TheKrister2

TheKrister2 Pangalactic Porcupine

I never got a recipe for steel, but this guy told you how to make it so now you know

6. The_Hitman

The_Hitman Void-Bound Voyager

I just had this problem but then my character was wiped so meh

7. Geomexis

Geomexis Big Damn Hero

It's either a recipe in your Metalforge or your Robotic Crafting Table. You automatically get the recipe once you unlock the Delta Sector by beating the third boss and making the Starmap upgrade from its drop.

8. OneTrick

OneTrick Intergalactic Tourist

the third boss didnnt upgrade my workbench :-( and now i need durasteel to make the durasteel tech upgrade? wtf!

Attached Files:

9. The Mute One

The Mute One Phantasmal Quasar

You did make sure to use the Dragon Bone and craft the Starmap MK3 upgrade, right? The Durasteel Tech upgrade is used to unlock Aegisalt recipes.

EDIT: Also, from the post above you're on the Robotic Workbench. Durasteel is crafted on the Metalforge.

OneTrick likes this.
  10. Ninjuffin

Ninjuffin Intergalactic Tourist

in what station

11. Alucard I

Alucard I King Homestuck I

Metalwork Station. Scroll down.

12. Ninjuffin

Ninjuffin Intergalactic Tourist

I don't know were the Durasteel is made in (what station?)

13. Alucard I

Alucard I King Homestuck I

Haedes and profile_name like this.
  14. ___MeRliN___

___MeRliN___ Guest

Durasteel its an alloy, you need coal + Titanium (I think) to make it. Go to your metal station craft it there.

15. Kaikelx

Kaikelx Space Hobo

Like the others said. If it helps, try just typing durasteel in the search bar. Still can't find steel bar at all unless I do that :p

16. Melissia

Melissia Ketchup Robot

Yeah, I have to type " bar" (including the space) in order to find the various bars myself. Once I get past the iron stage, there's just too much crap to look through!

17. Namiwakiru

Namiwakiru Black Hole Surfer

It wasn't so much the amount of items that become craftable that got me, it was how they were distributed.

I think we should be able to wire the stations up or something. Connect them in some way

18. Fabicynder

Fabicynder Space Hobo

You need make radiation EPP Upgrade, go to a Radioactive planet and colect Durasteel ore.

You can't make this anymore inthe new versions, all is deleted.

19. Jonesy

Jonesy Sarif's Attack Kangaroo Forum Moderator

As a rule of thumb, thread necros are only acceptable if the thread is still relevant and the necro itself is on-topic. While you are indeed on-topic, this thread was dead for two years, and OP has been offline for about as long. Seeing as the discussion is about a version long gone, I think I'll put this thread out to pasture.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.