1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Your Starbound diet/schedule.

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Lascivar, Dec 1, 2013.

1. Lascivar

Lascivar Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I know there's actually quite a few threads about people's plans and whatnot, but my question to everyone is this:

What will you be drinking/eating (or stocking up on beforehand) for when Starbound arrives on the 4th? And have you taken some time off of work or crammed in extra study to make extra time for yourself to play?

Personally I'll be grabbing a 24 pack of beers, probably a couple packs of chips to snack on and likely skipping a night's sleep. :)

2. Combine_Kegan

Combine_Kegan Phantasmal Quasar

I'm keeping it simple: Cold water, and sadly I was recently let go from my job so I have time to spare during my downtime of job hunting

3. Regal Kain

Regal Kain Space Kumquat

I usuall just make myself something to eat when I get hungry, perks of being a cook as a job for so long I suppose. That said I have 3 of my energy drinks of preference stocked up and waiting for me, I'll be going out tomorrow to get a few more cannisters of tea-mix. As for taking time off, I told my boss I couldn't be on-call Thursday (The 5th) but I'm still on call the 4th itself, past that I won't be interrupting or interfering with my job or schedule much, I'd rather have the extra funds right now! :) As for sleeping? Naw I won't sleep Wednesday into Thursday, I'll sleep Thursday night because I work a split shift on Friday, but yeah. Trying to get by on as little sleep as possible! :)

Soggytoast likes this.
  4. Soggytoast

Soggytoast Void-Bound Voyager

@Combine_Kegan - Sorry to hear that. I was about to like your post and realised it probably wasn't the best idea. But at least you get to play more Starbound :)

@Lascivar - I will be continuing my normal healthy eating routine along with water and the occasional coffee. BUT my mates and I have a scheduled LAN party
    on the 7th of December so healthy is not an option for that night. Energy drinks, pizza, and an all night gaming session!

Regal Kain likes this.
  5. Bluxen

Bluxen Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I only need one thing... MY NESQUIK!

Squiddy and bbq1040 like this.
  6. Lazypeanut

Lazypeanut Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Mostly just water and milk (on a diet)

Retnuh likes this.
  7. Soggytoast

Skim milk? :p

8. I'll probably be taking breaks to actually cook stuff when I'm hungry. I'm a pretty big cooking nut and try to skip junk food when I can. But if I want to feel like a hypocrite I'll order a pizza :badpokerface:

Oh and good beer, can't forget good beer. ;).

9. Lazypeanut

yeah.... :(

(on the bright side though om nearly done with it)

10. Soggytoast

Nice job! I normally drink skim milk but my wife hates it so I have resorted to Hi-lo milk instead. Still much better than full cream milk.

11. Probably a three egg scrambled with chicken tomatoes peppers and onions in the morning, chicken breast and veggies for lunch like usual, and take a guess what dinner is gonna be like?

But sprinkle in fruits at every meal and throughout the day, maybe some tuna or jerky and, if I'm feeling rebellious, I'll enjoy a rita sport chocolate square with hazlenuts in them.

Heartstrings likes this.
  12. DawnOfNights

DawnOfNights Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Whatever is in the fridge I guess :p

But I mostly drink diet coke, mostly cause I like the bitter taste of it I guess.
    And lots of coffee <3

13. Lazypeanut

Yeah it almost taste sweet to me because thats sorta the sweetest drink ive had these past months.

14. mo'guts

mo'guts Big Damn Hero

doner kebabs, coffee and cigarettes.

SB er'day.

DrPhibes likes this.
  15. sammanzhi

sammanzhi Sandwich Man

Pinnacle Vodka mixed with Kaluha and fat free half and half. White russians has been my nightly drink of choice for a while and will continue to be. I want to be at least semi drunk for exploration... my character in game will be, so why should I? :rofl:

samufel and Soggytoast like this.
  16. Loxy

Loxy Pangalactic Porcupine

The only post I could really relate too xD

Its hell when you have a Job and life to attend too first and the gamer side of you is silently seething at you for rationalising your commitments.. :(

No downtime for me though, You don't take days out in my field, Not without consequence. So Starbounds gonna be an evening thing for me.Until the 18th at least. Which is gonna suck. (Gives me an excuse to retreat out from those damn soap dramas the Girlfriend hogs out the TV each night for though!)

Finn Learson likes this.
  17. Jerln

Jerln Oxygen Tank

I clicked on this thread thinking it was about our diet INSIDE Starbound...

Anyways, my diet is going to be Fiber One Chocolate Brownies, McDonald's, Coca-Cola, and maybe some cold water.

18. ChillStorms

ChillStorms Title Not Found

I will acquire Eggnog and Hamburgers.

19. JackAllan

JackAllan Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Cream Soda is my heroin. Otherwise I'll just eat what's available. Might order a pizza or some fried chicken or other junk on wednesday. to celebrate launch. (Though I've got a busy launch week, so I probably won't actually get to play much! I'm starting evening classes, and I've got a concert to go to, along with some plans w/ friends.)

20. Tleno

Tleno Spaceman Spiff

That reminds me! Thank you for reminding, will need to stock up some foods for the occasion!