Ability to Explode Planets and Deal with the outcome of doing so

Discussion in 'Planets and Environments' started by GamerToons, May 24, 2012.

?

What would you think of being able to Destroy a planet and deal with the consequences/benefits of it

1. Sure sounds Good

27 vote(s)
    75.0%
  2. No, Why would I want to do that?

9 vote(s)
    25.0%
  1. GamerToons

GamerToons Void-Bound Voyager

Here is an idea.

Imagine going to a planet and being able to destroy it completely and deal with the consequences of the action:

• Alien planets in the area fear you or hate you or maybe even respect you.
    • Maybe you allow a planet to thrive, only to have it's inhabitants attack and destroy your home later or maybe even become strong allies.
    • You would obviously have to be able to craft such a weapon whether it be a bomb that could be planted or a ray fired from a ship (ala Deathstar).
    • Perhaps you learn how to make such a weapon via alien technology? Stolen from or given to you via another race.
    Just some ideas of a consequence driven ability to be able to destroy a planet. There may be useful reasons to do so if you really think about it.

Plus everyone would finally get to do what they've wanted:

[​IMG]

Azazel and BrutorDragon like this.
  2. BrutorDragon

BrutorDragon Tiy's Beard

Good idea. Maybe the first Dragovale isnt good. I blow it up. No worrys and no one gets my planet. FULL-PROOF!

GamerToons likes this.
  3. GamerToons

I would love to do this.

4. Black Hawk

Black Hawk Subatomic Cosmonaut

We need this.

5. NiroHiro

NiroHiro Void-Bound Voyager

I would support this, except I'd probably end up exploding every planet I find just for the fun of it and never get anything done.

6. LastDay

LastDay Heliosphere

Wiping out all life on a planet is already possible.
    When people asked about destroying planets Tiy said that it's an interesting idea.

7. linkunarre

linkunarre Phantasmal Quasar

Benefits: Destroying all human constructions, all the life and all ores in it, and creating a devastator black hole... sounds good!
    (sarcasm)

8. Azazel

Azazel Void-Bound Voyager

Explosions? Im in, I love when I hear the sound BOOM except when its bad for me :B
    But I like the idea of this :D +1 senior

9. GamerToons

I've read that they mulled over this option for non-important worlds and considering it post release. I think it would really make the game a lot of fun especially in a PvP server fashion.

10. brandonlk

brandonlk Pangalactic Porcupine

lol but the "death lazer" wuold have to use a hell a lot of energy just to stop planet exploding spam (also isent this classed as a nother grether wepon)

11. ikangurameGG

ikangurameGG Space Penguin Leader

I sense griefing tech.
    It's damn amazing and all, but what if it falls to the wrong hands? That could mean trouble.

12. Roxie Stables

Roxie Stables Parsec Taste Tester

This reminds me of Spore in the sense that destroying a planet makes people hate you except for the Grox who loves it.

13. ikangurameGG

I think the Grox are cute.

14. Farathil

Farathil Spaceman Spiff

Hmmm, o_O I'm trying to decide if I like the idea or not. Sounds very likely for the devs., but i'm with ikangur it seems like it can be abused.
    I can see the only point in destroying a planet is if you totally botch your home planet (the planet you set home on).
    That's about it.

15. ikangurameGG

Or if that planet has nothing left to offer. I'd blow up a useless planet.

16. Farathil

Farathil Spaceman Spiff

Yeah, I'd probably rarely do that Though, never know when you might miss something the first couple times.

17. Passarbye

Passarbye Phantasmal Quasar

it would be really cool to have like a towny system for starbound, only it's planet based and not chunk based. (since starbound will have so many planets)
    that way, destroying planets/taking them over and claiming them would encourage pvp and role-playing, as well as player built economies and other stuff. :DD

18. GamerToons

I understand there could be griefing abuse.

I think that a server should allow the option, not make it mandatory. For hardcore PVPers. You could also have sub-options such as "Allow homeworlds to be destroyed" this way no ones homebase could be destroyed unless that server is running that particular server options. Some people would love it as it could change the dynamic of the game.

Home worlds could join forces or not... it would almost become a civ type game, starting with 20-30 players until the strongest are left... or they all friend eachother. It would keep tension high.

To me it sounds fun.

19. Moon Star

Moon Star Cosmic Narwhal

Devs could probably spend their time working on something better. Maybe as a mod this would be cool though.

GamerToons likes this.
  20. GamerToons

I don't disagree. I made this thread before we even knew about the space element. I would like the ability though if more space based attacks come into play in the future.

Moon Star likes this.