1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Important Stretch Goal Thoughts -- Pets?

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by mollygos, Apr 19, 2013.

?

Pets as a stretch goal?

1. Yay!

1,534 vote(s)
    64.9%
  2. Nay!

827 vote(s)
    35.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hasaosan

Hasaosan Big Damn Hero

It's not a 1 Mil stretch Goal.

All of these features you guys are asking to be put in instead are to heavy coded... they want an easy light coded item as not to delay the release!!!!!!! stop crying like 2 year olds for a minute and think!!!!!!

*Edited out all the color and caps.*-Jermex (It was that or remove it entirely)

Marcx likes this.
  2. Flevalt

Flevalt Pangalactic Porcupine

I'd so love to research all the kinds of monsters I'd find on each planet.

3. Mister Green

Mister Green Phantasmal Quasar

I think having them for a smaller goal would be best suited. So the pet lovers get their pets and the people who aren't that much for pets can have their other goal aswell!
    I'm glad the team actually wants to hear our opinion on this, thank you!

4. Launy

Launy Void-Bound Voyager

I would to use it for build my Homebase :) for example Garage or Animal Cage

MessiahDJ likes this.
  5. Silverforte

Silverforte Spaceman Spiff

Hasn't it been said that nothing is hard coded so that it can't be easily modified more than once? Nobody is crying, we don't want them to make this supposedly easily addable feature (and sort of already in the game feature) be a stretch goal. Ease up on the giant red font.

6. Mister Green

I think he just meant that it's kind of hard to code. Not hardcoded.

7. thedukey

thedukey Void-Bound Voyager

It's not about that. Since they've stated that things can be easily added, it just makes more sense to actually devote time to something else. Don't get butt hurt now, I'm just stating the facts, its something they said themselves. So if it's so easy to add things, pet's are entirely not goal worthy.

Silverforte likes this.
  8. Doomgineer

Doomgineer Big Damn Hero

Pets are nice as long as there is an option to not start with one.

9. Silverforte

He didn't specify and what I meant by my post was that if the game is so easy to mod, this is something that anyone toying around with the mod tools long enough could do and that Chucklefish are capable of much greater things than us. So, it doesn't need to be a highly anticipated stretch goal.

10. T-Rex

T-Rex Hard-To-Destroy Reptile

How about taming a monster? :3

11. reversePsychologist

reversePsychologist Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Pets? Cool.

Starter pets? Eh, not so sure about that. I'd like it to be something I have to get to, having a pet from the start... I don't know, maybe it would sound a tiny little bit misleading? As in, it would look less like a side-feature? And, again, it would also fail to value pets. I was expecting that to be a thing I would have to look forward to while progressing in the game, but it's just me perhaps.

12. Mister Green

That's true. But starting on much greater things at this time would delay the release a lot aswell I think.

13. thedukey

thedukey Void-Bound Voyager

You have absolutely no idea what you are talking about. Please inform yourself.

"
    Question (B00MHEADSH0T):
    I honestly think that this will be the greatest game of all time. I really honestly do. What I want to know is, do you plan on adding new game features after release, or just new variants of random weapons/enemies/terrain? Also, how do you plan on letting add-ons be used in multiplayer? Thanks.
    alsoiloveyouaswellnohomo​
    Answer (Tiyuri):
    I plan for the core development team to continue to update the game for at least a year or so. Once we're ready to move onto another project I'm going to put together a second team solely to continue updating the game indefinitely.
    We've got a ton of features planned for post release, the most exciting of which for me is director mode. Which you can read about here: http://community.playstarbound.com/index.php?threads/director-mode.5522/ excuse my IRC channel spamming.
    At some point I want to release the engine for free non commercial use. It's incredibly modular and things like weapons, characters, weather, biomes, particles, enemies and so on can be added in just a couple of minutes through adding some art and writing a config file."​

Lay off the caps next time too. Talk about crying like two year olds and you spam caps and exclamation marks.

Keadin and MessiahDJ like this.
  14. Silverforte

No more than a fossil system that allows you to regenerate the creature or an entirely new race.

15. Mister Green

I'd be down for that Silver :D

16. Silverforte

That's the point I was making. They added those two things as stretch goals which we've met. We're already getting fossils and Novakids, so my point was that a relatively complex feature such as those two would not be too great a waste of development resources in comparison.

MessiahDJ likes this.
  17. Goodsy

Goodsy Big Damn Hero

I'm against pets but the fusion idea is pretty cool I have to admit. One thing though......shouldn't the fused pig have wings? :p

18. Silverforte

Maybe there could be a chance of different features of the pets being fused and in that instance he gave, the wings didn't transfer because it had a less than 100% chance to do so. Sort of like different features have varying chances to transfer during the fuse.

19. Baconkid

Baconkid Subatomic Cosmonaut

So what's the alternative to pets? Why is this poll even a thing?

20. Alondaar

Alondaar Title Not Found

Would not mind seeing the addition of (Or if this is already in the game, additional) advanced liquid management, such as pumps, pipes, and "faucet heads" for fountain making. Also, since entities move with the flow of water, it would be cool to have a manned water-hose, or water turret type of thing with varying widths and pressures. Lavacannonsanyone?

Saxor, Flevalt and thedukey like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.