Novakid in Character Creator?

Discussion in 'Starbound FAQs, Q&A, and General Help' started by gingerskittles, Apr 18, 2013.

1. gingerskittles

gingerskittles Subatomic Cosmonaut

Just wondering if the Novakid will be included in the Character Creator?

Royal_Starlord and BrenSage like this.
  2. gingerskittles

gingerskittles Subatomic Cosmonaut

I hope its soon, I really want to make a Novakid xD lol

3. Alternal

Alternal Existential Complex

I doubt it. The Novakids are a stretch goal so there likely was never any plans to add them. The Character creator is labelled as a Beta and Unfinished for a reason, it takes time to update it, time I'm sure everyone would rather be spent on actual development of the game. Your preorder gives you a Beta, so you can mess with all of the character creation there.

4. Well to start actually making the race they need new workers (which is why they needed the money, hence the $500,000 stretch goal).
    And I think if they had new workers already they would've mentioned it somewhere.

5. HyperActive

HyperActive Star Wrangler

I doubt novakid will be on the online character creator any time soon if at all since they were a new goal announced that needs new artists to finish. Whole reason they needed to raise money for it.

Dust, Kitty Box, Bars and 1 other person like this.
  6. orb_outrider

orb_outrider Big Damn Hero

It will take time, but probably (and hopefully) it won't be too soon.

7. DakoShark

DakoShark Pangalactic Porcupine

They JUST got the Novakid stretch goal. They need to hire someone, which takes some time, said hired person, has to get the concept art and start making the assets for the Novakid, then they have to recode the character maker to actually fit an extra race. It's going to take time.

8. Jynx

Jynx Big Damn Hero

They probably have it already preset to fit new races, with a game like this it would be rather dumb to close up things like that when just patching in list of 10 blank unusable races would be plausible and make it easy to just slip a new race in no problem. With how the game I'd think they'd go the second route just to be safe. All that probably needs to be done is the character art, animations and attributes. The overall body shape has existing shapes (and hair it seems) its just a matter of retexturing the hair and getting a new base made :3 dont be so negative.

9. It's more likely Be Updated Near Launch / After Launch when the NovaKid Race Is already implemented! ;)

10. NightFire

NightFire Parsec Taste Tester

i want my novakid and i want it NAOWWWWWW

BrenSage likes this.
  11. DakoShark

DakoShark Pangalactic Porcupine

I'm not being negative. :rofl: I'm just trying to say, shit takes time.

12. Yes, especially for people with constipation. :iswydt:
    (sorry I had to)

13. FenixR

FenixR Cosmic Narwhal

You can't add what it isn't done yet.

Thorden and NightFire like this.
  14. NightFire

NightFire Parsec Taste Tester

lol finally someone else that's patient enough to get it

15. PureWillkuer

PureWillkuer Starship Captain

You can! But it wouldnt be good then. And i think we all want it to be great :whoop:

16. Mister Green

Mister Green Phantasmal Quasar

ZING!

AstroBlast likes this.
  17. TrinityMoon

TrinityMoon Scruffy Nerf-Herder

same i wanna see the styles and stuff we can put them in xD. Im curious about the race as a whole too

18. spyfuttonbutton

spyfuttonbutton Subatomic Cosmonaut

My main character will be the one on my profile pic , my secondary is DEFINITELY a Novakid!

19. TheLostNovakid

TheLostNovakid Subatomic Cosmonaut

i am waiting for the novakid to come out on the character creation i am deninetly looking forward to playing as the novakid it is the most interesting class by far

20. ZanVaelius

ZanVaelius Existential Complex

Devs have stated that Novakids won't appear in game until the release so IMO they most likely won't appear in the char creator until then.