Race Meet the Novakid

Discussion in 'NPCs and Creatures' started by Bietol, Apr 4, 2013.

1. Kalvuric

Kalvuric Big Damn Hero

So about two weeks after this thread started, and we're 500k in and Novakids are a thing. I really want to say that's some kind of record, but even if it isn't that's bloody impressive. Hopefully the end result doesn't stray too far from the original concept, and instead becomes a solid improvement and a core part of the game and its lore. Looking forward to this game all the more! :D Also that gif dance is awesome. :rofl:

2. Sousuke Kuroda

Sousuke Kuroda Spaceman Spiff

Well hopefully it actually includes the other races involved. So its definitely going to stray from this concept somewhat, which isn't a bad thing but something to look forward to. We'll hopefully get a beautiful blend of the races.

Kalvuric likes this.
  3. telephonicCommander

telephonicCommander Void-Bound Voyager

I hate to burst your bubble but the Homestuck fandom did better in their kickstarter, they even had two $10,000 donors. But this is a close second.

4. Edaniel

Edaniel Subatomic Cosmonaut

"Kickstarter"? I only see "pre-order" here. Similar, but not the same.

5. telephonicCommander

6. Kyohrin

Kyohrin Space Hobo

congrats to get the goal cant wait to create my first Novakid

7. Kalvuric

Kalvuric Big Damn Hero

Pfft, who needs bubbles. Only people who tell awful jokes about blowing, that's who. So you go ahead and burst those bubbles, I'll be over here watching this thing go down. *munches snacks*:cookie:

DeadlyLuvdisc and Breather like this.
  8. Patchouli

Patchouli Scruffy Nerf-Herder

$500,000 in only a few days is about what they did isn't it?

Because the pre-order hasn't been open two weeks, that's just how long this Novakid idea has existed.

9. Killer Snowman

Killer Snowman Pangalactic Porcupine

So... what you're saying is I can be some sick twisted combo of Ghost Rider and the Lone Ranger?
    There better be a black mask available. And motorbikes. A silver motorbike.

HI HO SILVER, AND AWAY... TO TURN SINNERS TO DUST.

It's going to be incredibly confusing for me. But awesome.

Arch-Mage Zandor likes this.
  10. "My legend begins here."
    [​IMG]

11. Silverduke1

Silverduke1 Giant Laser Beams

hmmm i wonder who this is :p ( i know its link)

12. telephonicCommander

True, I couldn't remember how long the kickstarter was open and yeah I gues thats about what they made. I guess I just remember the consistent flow of large sums of cash that made me think It was more successful than this one.

13. fetalstar

fetalstar 404 Artist Not Found Developer

The Homestuck kickstarter was also open for a month! C:

14. telephonicCommander

Thats it! I was really straining my brain trying to remember! : )

15. okay

okay Void-Bound Voyager

Also I'm pretty sure even if they wouldn't have added Novakids people still would have pre-oreder it, I know I would have.

16. Patchouli

Actually, it made $700,000 in three days, so we can still tie, maybe :p

17. Patchouli

Hm, everything I saw when looking it up kept saying that it was "nearly funded" at the start of day 3. People don't know what they're talking about apparently.

Also, I don't exactly have a problem with it being funded in two days, I was simply stating what I read, no need for "Hate to break it to ya" :p

18. Why has this become a competition with Homestuck? Be proud of what we've accomplished! $500,000 in just a few days is INCREDIBLE!

19. fetalstar

fetalstar 404 Artist Not Found Developer

And this also has nothing to do with Novakids, so plz move along.

20. telephonicCommander

The whole reason I brought up Homestuck in the first place was to say that Starbound comes in a close second to homestucks kickstarter which should be a MAJOR accomplishment because, as stated earlier, starbound only had one year to develop a fanbase and homestuck had 4 years not to mention the returning fans from problem sleuth, bards quest and Jailbreak. Not to mention the fact that, Homestuck is actively updated, whereas, until recently, Starbound was kind of in the darkness about lots of big updates.

okay likes this.