Race Meet the Novakid

Discussion in 'NPCs and Creatures' started by Bietol, Apr 4, 2013.

1. ThePhail

ThePhail Subatomic Cosmonaut

Alright so I tried making some heads. Maybe they've got a bit too much brightness in them. But that could easily be fixed. Also, there could be tons of other colors. These are just the ones I put on them to show that they could have different colors.
    [​IMG]
    Some of them might not look at good as the others.

2. Silverduke1

Silverduke1 Giant Laser Beams

i think these are pretty good you should try you hands with some longer hairstyles as well

3. Argthrond

Argthrond Oxygen Tank

Niiice! :up:

ThePhail likes this.
  4. This looks more true to the Anodynes. But that's irrelevant for now.

What's more relevant is that I'm not sure how the hair would "flow", because I imagine the novakids will have a static sprite, so the hair will be stiff. I'm not sure how the floating particles would work that way.

Ah, who knows? It could be dynamic.

5. ThePhail

Yeah, They do look a bit more like the Anodynes right now. But I think that's because I didnt include the Brands.
    I was mostly just trying to make some hairstyles.

Here's one of my "hairstyles" including a brand
    [​IMG]

EDIT: and oh yeah. I did think a little bit about the floating things. I was mostly experimenting with them, so... yeah..

6. That was actually the plan e_e To make them look more like Anodynes physically [but keeps the brand], but more like Novakids in terms of lore

7. ThePhail

ah okay :)

To be honest, I would have prefered the Greek-ish theme rather than the Western theme.

8. Well I'm sure that will be reserved for one of the future races. I mean who doesn't want a neo-classical theme?

9. Pigeon

Pigeon Cosmic Narwhal

I may buy the game twice just so we reach the goal. Also I need to make a novakid saloon with 'Mad Dog' Kid and Clint EastNova throwing down.

Edit: They should have a special armor so that when they die they implode like a dying star.

10. Spearrx

Spearrx Void-Bound Voyager

I have no doubt novakids will be implemented! Now I just hope they add a megaman starforce reference with it. :3

11. Hey, WOW! I just wanted to say that I was super excited to see the Novakids and I'm really looking forward to them. And then I found out that this was something that was suggested by the community. I'm just blown away so I had to let you know. The Starbound fan base is awesomely creative and I'm thrilled that the devs take notice, that's such a good feeling. Starbound is going to be an amazing and inspiring game.

12. Crystan

Crystan Maverick Hunter

Nova-Cowboy isn't very amused about the fidgeting penguin in front of his face:
    [​IMG]

In case someone wants to see the full weapon sprite:

[​IMG]

Cat656, Crafty_312, Artemos and 15 others like this.
  13. Tojo

Tojo Existential Complex

AMG is that a revolver!

Crystan likes this.
  14. Looks like a flintlock pistol to me.

BlastRed and Arch-Mage Zandor like this.
  15. Silverduke1

i wish this was actually happening it would be so intresting

Crystan likes this.
  16. This is terrible, why am I liking this

17. Tojo

Tojo Existential Complex

But flintlocks dont fit the theme... also i asked Crystan on the IRC he confirmed it for me

Crystan likes this.
  18. Silverduke1

i dnt know but im feeling the same way

Crystan likes this.
  19. Iroza

Iroza Phantasmal Quasar

Leave the Prinnies alone! They haging there day after day!

20. Crystan

Crystan Maverick Hunter

Yeah its indeed a revolver - if you look closely you can see the revolver clip. ;D
    The ground design is based on my Darkbound-Revolver:
    [​IMG]