1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Reincarnation Through Science!(Gif from tiy)

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by DawnOfNights, Jan 25, 2013.

1. 70calories

70calories Scruffy Nerf-Herder

This looks absolutely marvelous I've never been so exited to die in a game while I hope you can keep your things after death or at least will be able to find them I really like this concept of respawning also the 'red goo' is your organs and muscles reanimating

Giant Squid likes this.
  2. Giant Squid

Giant Squid Zero Gravity Genie

I agree. This is by far the coolest form of respawning since Borderlands. Little things like this are what make games memorable, nostalgic, unique, and fun. It's not always about the just the bigger picture.

+1 internets for Tiy and the rest of the team.

3. AllenKS

AllenKS Hard-To-Destroy Reptile

Other people who don't like cloning because they won't have the same soul (or whatever..), can just pretend it's a teleporter. That even explains why you keep your stuff.

There, we can all stop crying now!

Giant Squid likes this.
  4. Giant Squid

Giant Squid Zero Gravity Genie

People who are going to that nitpicky should just play a hardcore mode and die forever. :D

wendyam and 70calories like this.
  5. Huntrex

Huntrex Big Damn Hero

Because, my friend... what if there isn't enough genetic material or DNA/RNA memmory to make more then one at any given time ;P

70calories likes this.
  6. 70calories

I agree if there gonna go as far as saying your character has a soul and it's hurting them that bad inside to make an abomination of nature to clone ones self then they should play hard core mode and once they die simply never play the game again cause they are dead and you only get one life hand the game to a sibling or your next in line to the throne and hope for the best

7. Pretending doesn't really work for me, as that is all it is - pretending. I just end up getting used to the idea and eventually accept it, which is what is currently happening to me in regards to this respawn method. :alien:

8. TrinityMoon

TrinityMoon Scruffy Nerf-Herder

makes me wonder how a robot will be "cloned"

Keeper likes this.
  9. 70calories

Me to if I was to guess I'd say they are reconstructed using the same parts then there memories are uploaded into the new body

TrinityMoon likes this.
  10. Dragrath

Dragrath Phantasmal Quasar

I loved borderlands respawn system the part that makes it funny(in 2) is that the Hyperion Corporation (The main antagonists for people who haven't played if you haven't played it play it) is the one respawning you. :)

Giant Squid likes this.
  11. Silvador

Silvador Phantasmal Quasar

I'd like to see some sort of garden/nursery in which a huge bulb grows and blossoms, spreading the petals and leaves to reveal inside your respawned plant person. :D

12. Silvador

Silvador Phantasmal Quasar

I only just noticed... On the bottom/foot of the cloning machine, there is a small lever that is down until the process finishes and then it pops up... just like on the side of a toaster!

*ding*

Clone's done. :rofl:

Gorshum, nogga11, Hirumaru and 4 others like this.
  13. Eldritch

Eldritch Scruffy Nerf-Herder

It's already confirmed that they're going to put in consciousness transfer, so that from the perspective of your character, you die and then wake up in the ship a few minutes later, rather than from their perspective they just die and then an identical copy is generated.

14. 70calories

yeah that would be pretty neat each race having there own version of cloning

15. 70calories

I noticed that as well made me chuckled a little

16. TrinityMoon

Could be interesting either way. I wonder if the Floarans will start as a seed then. Seems like this process could be so interesting to watch the first few times for each race xD

17. Voyager

Voyager Spaceman Spiff

Well this just shows how much of a rip off Starbound is.
    They ripped-off Fifth Element and Borderlands with the cloning respawn, ripped off Terraria by having dirt, and ripped off FTL by having space battles.
    My God, what will they rip off next?

18. Solstice

Solstice Void-Bound Voyager

What if you are in a cave when you die? The teleporters only work if you are on the surface.

19. TrinityMoon

the factor where ur char can get cold reminds me of lost planet o.o
    Fifth element came long before borderlands so saying borderlands as a reference was incorrect man.

20. Voyager

Voyager Spaceman Spiff

Your absolutely right!
    I should have said ripped off Borderlands which ripped off Fifth Element which ripped off ...

TrinityMoon likes this.