Modding Help item only for 1 race?

Discussion in 'Starbound Modding' started by zubarus, Aug 9, 2017.

1. zubarus

zubarus Star Wrangler

hi ho,

how i can make 1 item only crafteble for 1 race ..?

Last edited: Aug 10, 2017
  2. lazarus78

lazarus78 The Waste of Time

Pack it all up. Would be easier to look at it directly.

3. zubarus

zubarus Star Wrangler

aha ok i faound my problem self :rofl:
    wrong animation........ but thy for the help.
    by the next error i uses this thread again..or is this not good?

4. zubarus

zubarus Star Wrangler

see top new question.

5. lazarus78

You should make new threads for new questions. If the question is directly related to the previous one, then its fine to continue a thread, but generally speaking, new topic means new thread.

But since we are here, Ill answer it anyway.

Short version: You need to patch the "species" file for the race you want to add it to. Unlike the "player.config" file which holds all the known blueprints for all races, the species files, located in the species folder, will let you add a blueprint for a specific race.

Example patch:
    Code:
    [
      {
        "op": "add",
        "path": "/defaultBlueprints/tier1/28",
        "value": {
          "item": "MyItemRecipie"
        }
      }
    ]

Note you need to input the item's recipe file here, not the ID of the item itself. Meaning you also need a recipe for the item.

6. zubarus

zubarus Star Wrangler

and for waht is the 28?

7. lazarus78

Oh, sorry, that means to add it at the 28th spot on the list. Just change it to a dash.

"path": "/defaultBlueprints/tier1/-",

8. zubarus

zubarus Star Wrangler

ok dont work.. all recieps can be craftet for all races this is not waht is want.. :(
    waht can i do? i have only 1 mod for give the items for 1 race only to craft....

9. Marinebeast

Marinebeast Existential Complex

Go into your race's .species file and add the item as a starting recipe. If you look at vanilla .species files, you should see a long list of items that have their recipes known by default.

If you do that, your race in question will know it by default, and no other races should, unless you specifically patched other files to do so.

If it's not your race, then you'll want to patch the specific .species file in question.

10. zubarus

zubarus Star Wrangler

i have a specie.patch file only for this 1 race with the recipes in.. this is the mod woh patch the items in but all races can craft her.. i have not a player.patch file.

11. lazarus78

Do you have admin mode on? That would allow you to craft something regardless of race.

12. zubarus

zubarus Star Wrangler

i say it agein.. nope i dont use admin.. i have 2 chars for testing 1 can craft her and 1 Should not be able.. but he can craft to.

13. zubarus

zubarus Star Wrangler

give a chance to remove recieps from other species so she cant learn her?

14. lazarus78

You must be doing something wrong, because putting it in the species file makes it specific for that race.

Can you pack up your mod so I can test it?

15. zubarus

zubarus Star Wrangler

i renamed now all and now it work..
    dont now why all can craftet the old version i change only the names from all.... :rofl: i belive the first time the recipes are ingame she are not binde for any race so free for all.. and this cuse my problems.