Dev Blog Starbound 1.3.2 Changelog

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by mollygos, Jul 18, 2017.

1. 777JackOfBlades

777JackOfBlades Scruffy Nerf-Herder

That's weird , I've started the a new character a few weeks ago and I could enter the erchius facility without epp

2. Scival

Scival Oxygen Tank

https://i.gyazo.com/52c2595e4c1ade0290b01865f1510b47.png[​IMG]
    This game isn't exactly consistent about when and where you can't simply stroll around on the surface of an airless moon in little more than your underwear, but no, you do not need an EPP for the lunarbase mission, even if it would make a lot of sense.

Axe Garian likes this.
  3. Sairus323

Sairus323 Void-Bound Voyager

maybe it just mods, but without EPP we was slowly loosing our hp... the only way was to eat a lot in the dungeon so life regen was higher than depleting... so we could enter, but cant complete normally without loosing either lot of food or medical items...

Axe Garian likes this.
  4. DragonsForce

DragonsForce Weight of the Sky

Yeah, no, that's not vanilla suffocation.... In vanilla you loose air over maybe 20 sec and then your health goes down fast.

Axe Garian likes this.
  5. Axe Garian

Axe Garian Oxygen Tank

Might be a good idea to inquire with the Mod Authors on this in case Buggage has been found.

6. Waffle-Chan

Waffle-Chan Guest

In the next update, can we have the ability to have more than 3 people in a party? I found this to be quite annoying whilst playing with some friends

Axe Garian and DragonsForce like this.
  7. BoJaN

BoJaN Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Sure would be nice if you could spend the 15 minutes it takes to implement a hardware cursor option. The mouse lag is extremely irritating and people have been asking for years... Sure, we can just turn vsync off but a pixel perfect game like Starbound has some seriously noticeable tearing without vsync.

Axe Garian likes this.
  8. Scival

Scival Oxygen Tank

Yes, because the only thing game devs do is just type a bunch of gibberish really fast and just mashing the keyboard make the game development progress bar go up. How else would it work?
    If it really only took 15 minutes, and people really had been asking for years, don't you think a modder might have done it already?
    Oh, and there's also the fact it wouldn't be much help. If the game cursor is jumping all over the place, switching to the OS cursor might make it appear smooth but the game would still need to register where the cursor is before it will let you click on anything.

maestro kitty likes this.
  9. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

Quoting this for truth. As a programmer, I can confirm this is so very true.

Edit: Also, no such thing as a "hardware cursor".

Edit: yes such a thing, but Windows doesn't use it anymore since like 2009. We had an excellent time on IRC discussing the history and technology of mouse cursors from the perspective of hardware, MS-DOS, and Windows. It even involved studying the source code for a popular DOS mouse driver.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2017
  10. Sairus323

looks like theres a bug in the game: "deliver parcel" quest types are incompleteable. you can't speak with quest giving npc when you have a parcel for him/her. if you'll drop parcel you can speak, but get default dialogue. i thought its a mods bug, but it seems that vanilla users have the problem too... (i'm not sure all or not. found info in the internet)

Axe Garian likes this.
  11. soulsword3

soulsword3 Void-Bound Voyager

did you already fixed the Erchius Horror crash?If no,WHEN ARE YOU GOING TO DO IT?

12. Sairus323

what crash? didn't got any crash. could you be more specific?

13. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

I saw that post on Friday, and I thought, "surely they wouldn't release a build with such an important thing broken?" Or at the very least fix it quickly, y'know? So I too am pretty curious about this.

Edit: quickly confimed it for myself, the Erchius Horror is working fine on my end.

Last edited: Aug 27, 2017
    Axe Garian and DragonsForce like this.
  14. Jonesy

Jonesy Sarif's Attack Kangaroo Forum Moderator

I don't think he was referring to your post.

Axe Garian likes this.
  15. Scival

Scival Oxygen Tank

I don't think he was referring to his post either.

16. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

The post being talked about by me and @Sairus323:
    A standalone post, with no clear relation to Sairus323's post directly above it. We both expressed doubt that the described crash is a thing, and Sairus just happens to have posted directly before and after soulsword3. Seems clear to me. Next!

DragonsForce likes this.
  17. Smileess

Smileess Void-Bound Voyager

when do you guys think 1.3.3 is coming out? I don't even care if it's a single bug fix, anything to know if the chuckle fish is still there

18. 777JackOfBlades

There's still here, they officially announced that they were working on mod supports and bounty hunting for 1.4 a few days ago

19. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

Where "mod support" means categorization on the Workshop, among probably other things.

20. 777JackOfBlades

I don't know they've been very evasive, I guess there will be no bugfixes for the current version until the 1.4 unstable