WIP Playtesters Needed for Romance Dialogue Mod (Sam, Elliott, Sebastian)

Discussion in 'Mods' started by glowy, Feb 6, 2017.

1. enjoymentoverload

enjoymentoverload Void-Bound Voyager

Hey!! so I took a chance and did a full run though of the game with this mod, and romanced Sam, and honestly by the end of it I'd actually forgotten id added it, because it just fit so well (both story wise, and in that i didnt have any issues or glitches with it as a mod) , and I especially love how the rest of his family will comment on the relationship and such as it really gets into the marriage part of things, and it just works so seamlessly, its really well done!! I'm ready to get on another run through, but I want to romance Sebastian this time, (i always build up a new story and personal plot thing when I play these kinds of games, really get into the RPG part of it ya know) and honestly I'm kind of wanting to wait until you've posted his extended/enhanced dialogue till I do, because the romances seem so unfulfilling now after experiencing the game with your additions.

SO basically what I'm trying to say is that this is phenomenal, I cannot thank you enough for this, it honestly makes me smile so much, and I was wondering how far along in the process your at? Are you still on Elliot's set? I'll admit one of my flaws is that I tend to be impatient, but I don't mean to rush you! Quality takes time, i know, but I'm just very excited to see more from you. Also, If you need help with writing, this is something I would love to help out with! if you ever need an extra hand with writing dialogue trees, or just making things more fitting to a character or just anything I can, and would be more than happy to do that! Though I'm awful with tech things, I'm just a writer, soo ;;; I completely understand if you'd rather keep this and your thing; a personal passion project (I've many of my own), but I figured it was worth putting out there, just in case.

ANYWAY am so so sorry for ranting, I actually have never posted on these forums at all before, so I'm actually pretty nervous for some reason even posting this at all, but I just really needed to reach out and thank you;; so yeah... THANK YOU!! Youre a star

HopeWasHere and springacres like this.
    • glowy

glowy Title Not Found

Oh my gosh!! First of all, let me apologize profusely for not replying to this for so long! I got really caught up with school, and I never received an email telling me about this reply...! So I'm really sorry if it felt like I was ignoring you. Most definitely not my intention! D:

Now school is over though, and I'm working on the mod again! I had to stop shortly after this thread was posted (again, bc school), but now I'm off until September and I'm playing SV again and have actually just started using cheats to let me bypass the 2-gifts-a-week limit, so now I'm flying through Elliot's romance, aha. I'm going to do Elliot's dialogue before Sebastian's, but his shouldn't take that long since he doesn't have in-laws for me to write for as well. Sebastian will be next!

But wow, thank you SO MUCH for those compliments, it means the world to me to hear that! You totally made my entire day. I'm so so happy that my mod is working exactly as I intended it to! :D :D :D I appreciate your offer of help; honestly if you could just keep playtesting the dialogue for me as I come out with stuff and make sure it's all in-character and whatnot, it would help immensely. I'm planning on putting this mod in my portfolio as a game designer/writer, so it is a solo project (aside from testers' help, of course). But thank you again, for all your words! And as a fellow writer, I wish you luck in whatever writing endeavors you pursue. :)

• ektobiologist

ektobiologist Big Damn Hero

heyoooo

i'm not sure if this mod still has any traction, and i'm just about to install it on my sam-romance-playthrough, but i wanted to say:

if you need absolutely any help with this mod, i'm totally down! i've never done anything beyond plending a few pngs within xnb files before, but this is exactly the kind of mod i've been looking for so i'm definitely willing to learn! if nothing else i'd totally be down to help write dialogue. or just play test extensively. i'm around too much for my own good.

anyway, excellent concept! hopefully there'll be more to see!

• SheepMilks

SheepMilks Phantasmal Quasar

I love this!
          Would you ever be open to doing one for Alex eventually?

• QueenKirriana

QueenKirriana Void-Bound Voyager

I love this mod, it's lovely to see that despite being bogged down with school you're still so passionate about it! Sam is my fave so I've been doing my run with this mod and "SamAndTheGreatHaircut" going. I also got busy with school (Studying Web and Graphic Design so I feel ya) but I meant to say about the Vincent dialogue thing from when you first released this and thank you for this mod. Would adding lines to Jodi and Kent work for this? For example (from the top of my head :D) Jodi could have a line about Vincent recently asking if Sam and the Player were in love and the Player/Sam getting subsequently teased about it while Kent might feel a little bittersweet about Vincent wanting to hang out with the Player instead of him. If this is a silly idea or not something that you were wanting to do, then don't worry yourself I just wanted to inquire, but mostly came back to make sure I thanked you for your wonderful mod! Thank you so much for this, keep up the amazing work, I can't wait to add all of the files you end up doing into my game in the future!

• glowy

glowy Title Not Found

Thank you so much for the kind and encouraging words, I'm touched! ;v;

Adding lines referencing Vincent is a good idea, thank you for the suggestion! That's definitely something I will consider. For now I'm going to keep things at just 3 lines per in-law, but if I have time after doing everyone else's dialogue I could probably go and add a few extra (the main thing is that I want to keep stuff even, so for every extra line I add to one parent-in-law, I have to add an extra line to every other parent-in-law as well).

Also, if you could fill out the feedback form I've recently made (I linked it there but it's also linked on my NEW post about this mod, which I will update this post with -- shoot, I thought this thread was pretty dead, so that's why I made a new post in the first place @_@) with all your feedback (including the suggestion for Vincent lines) that would be extremely helpful! :D

• glowy

glowy Title Not Found

Gosh, you posted this a while ago, I'm sorry for not replying for so long! But YES, this mod is definitely still going, and I've been making good progress on it!

Playtesting extensively would absolutely be the #1 best way for you to help me out. It's proved a bit difficult for me to gather a decent amount of people willing to start new games and play through romances with the characters, which I understand, but it's also making me a little worried. I really appreciate the offer to help with writing, but as I'm hoping to make this a portfolio piece for myself as a game designer, I'll be writing all the dialogue. :)

Thank you for your positive words!

• glowy

glowy Title Not Found

Yes! I am definitely planning on doing Alex. I'm planning on working on his dialogue after I'm done with Sebastian's, actually (which I'm currently working on)!

• ektobiologist

ektobiologist Big Damn Hero

hey no worries! i'm always starting new games to test new mod combos, so i'm here for that. one thing i can say i found right up front is that your original alex file lacked the 2nd and 3rd choices for the 'what should i write a song about' dialogue, so that it would create an infinite loop in that question box unless 'farming, mining, and chopping wood' was selected. other than that, it all seemed to be working fine, and jived really well with the vanilla dialogue!

• glowy

glowy Title Not Found

Hmm that's... really strange, because I never touched that bit of dialogue, and all the choices are present in my file. But thank you for letting me know, that's a really important bug that I'll make sure to pay attention to. I'll double check my file to make sure all the code for answers works, and keep an ear out for more reports of that bug. Thank you!

• ANBDownloads

ANBDownloads Void-Bound Voyager

Hey there! I installed this mod yesterday (on a new save) to test it out and it looks like I ran into a problem. During the 2-heart scene where Sam asks you which genre of music the band should play, choosing any of the options created an infinite loop where the question simply kept popping up over and over and I had to force quit out. I ended up putting the clean files back in so I could at least get past that part. Will be on the lookout for anything else.

• glowy

glowy Title Not Found

Well, that's the second time that's been reported to me. Thank you so much for letting me know; I'll try and find a fix as soon as I can!

EDIT: Nope, I lied, that's a different bug! But it's the same deal as the bug reported before you; I definitely never touched that bit of dialogue... Ack. I'll see if I can find anything that could be causing that.

Last edited: Jul 19, 2017
                          • glowy

glowy Title Not Found

UPDATE: I think I found a fix for @ektobiologist's bug! I have a terrible suspicion that one of my cats stepped on my keyboard at some point when I wasn't looking, because there were numbers in there that did not belong at all at and likely explain the problem. I just uploaded the fixed file!